The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

HOW DO YOU GET A REMARK DONE PEOPLE?
please help! I've never done it before
Original post by danielleL
Oh, bless. Mum text me and was like "you'll still get a bb" and I thought she meant Uni grades, but it turns out she was talking about a Blackberry. Still gonna get a new phone, fab.
:}

LOL :smile:
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
in a way you did, but you need to average 90% over ALL A2 modules, so getting enough for an A* in one module doesn't mean you got an A*, so they just report it as an A, in summer it'll be reported as an A* provided you keep it up :smile:

I got an A at AS Level, and an A today, but today it wasn't above 90% of the total marks available - however, if I do really really well on the next module, and get a lot more than 90% of that module which brings the average across both to over 90%, will I be eligible for an A* or will today's mark keep it at an A? Do you need to get over 90% on both, or will getting something like 88% on one and then 100% on another (wishful thinking :redface: ) bring it up?
Original post by catoswyn
You're a star! Thank you. What a relief! Think I'll go bake a cake for him... :smile: :smile: :smile:

I should join you in baking :smile: My daughter got her results too and did really well.
This forum needs a parents section so we can all embarrass ourselves together :wink:
Original post by danielleL
Well.

A in psych.
B in law.
E in English.

Everyone who does English messed up. Like, we all got U's, E's & D's.
My jaw dropped when I saw that damn E.
I've never got an E before...

If everuone's done bad, it's obviously the teaching.

So sorry about the English! :frown: It does seem odd. Was it literature or language? At least there is the chance of a retake.

:smile:
Reply 5165
I got mine back! They were for OCR Maths. I resat C2 and M1.

C2 - A (I got a C in June so I'm very happy about this!)
C3 - B (The last two questions I couldn't even do so I thought I'd failed this exam as they were worth a lot of marks. The grade boundaries must be quite low or something lolol but I'm still very pleased)
M1 - B (I got a D in June and I hate mechanics so much. I was really bad at it and it didn't make any sense. I was revising during the Christmas holidays, it suddenly clicked and I could understand it so I am really happy with this result)

I mean getting 3 As would have been awesome but I am super super happy with my results and I bet I sound like a little kid.

I hope everyone is pleased with their results. :smile:
Original post by madders94
I got an A at AS Level, and an A today, but today it wasn't above 90% of the total marks available - however, if I do really really well on the next module, and get a lot more than 90% of that module which brings the average across both to over 90%, will I be eligible for an A* or will today's mark keep it at an A? Do you need to get over 90% on both, or will getting something like 88% on one and then 100% on another (wishful thinking :redface: ) bring it up?

Yes if you do well and bring the overall mark to over 90% in your A2 modules then you would get an A*
Original post by LukeTheodosiou
ok i kind of understand but i last year i got an A in unit 1 and only a B in unit 2 so will it be possible for an a* overall even if i get an A* in unit 4 as i only got a B in unit 2?

yeah you can,
basically, the requirements are,
UMS for an A at the end of the entire A Level,
and 90% over A2 modules,
so the B last year doesn't really matter :smile:
Reply 5168
'B' in business will be re-sat.
Original post by Mulligan
I should join you in baking :smile: My daughter got her results too and did really well.
This forum needs a parents section so we can all embarrass ourselves together :wink:

Well done to your daughter! Apparently they are thinking of setting up a parents section for us.....

:smile:
Physics
Unit 1: B
Unit 4: C

Chemistry
F321: A
F325: A

Maths
C1: A
C3: B

I'm quite disappointed with my C in Physics. I put in so much effort...
Original post by madders94

To get an A* you need an average of 90% in A2 and an average of 80% overall including AS. So, basically, yeah, the A* is still easily in reach for you!
Original post by goggy
I got mine back! They were for OCR Maths. I resat C2 and M1.

C2 - A (I got a C in June so I'm very happy about this!)
C3 - B (The last two questions I couldn't even do so I thought I'd failed this exam as they were worth a lot of marks. The grade boundaries must be quite low or something lolol but I'm still very pleased)
M1 - B (I got a D in June and I hate mechanics so much. I was really bad at it and it didn't make any sense. I was revising during the Christmas holidays, it suddenly clicked and I could understand it so I am really happy with this result)

I mean getting 3 As would have been awesome but I am super super happy with my results and I bet I sound like a little kid.

I hope everyone is pleased with their results. :smile:

That's fantastic to be able to pull your grades up so much! Well done. :smile:
Original post by Mulligan
Yes if you do well and bring the overall mark to over 90% in your A2 modules then you would get an A*

LookIt'sPete
To get an A* you need an average of 90% in A2 and an average of 80% overall including AS. So, basically, yeah, the A* is still easily in reach for you!

Ah, thank you! :gah:
oh god, less than an hour now :frown:
quite pleased with my results!
AS Law Unit 1 - A
AS Sociology Unit 1 - B
AS Psychology Unit 1 - C (resitting, should get at least a B next time)
over the moon as i was expecting all round C's!
even though they aren't the best grades, i still got the highest in my class!
Reply 5176
Managed to get 87/90 in F334 so I am happy. I hope all my fellow OCR Salters friends got what they wanted/needed xx
Reply 5177
Hope you all fail.
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
yeah you can,
basically, the requirements are,
UMS for an A at the end of the entire A Level,
and 90% over A2 modules,
so the B last year doesn't really matter :smile:

but the B from last year brought my overall AS grade down to a B :frown:
Really happy with mine (AS):

Biology - 90% UMS - 88.3% raw marks
Chemistry - 90% UMS - 84.2% raw marks