The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Linear March 2012 Higher Paper, Grade Boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YNWA
nice one !! do you by any chance know the boundaries for the separate papers?

No, sorry but I'd presume it would be around 79ish per paper, perhaps more for paper one and less for paper 2 due to difficulty :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Fool In The Rain
Got an A (don't know how many marks I was from an A*). But I'm really happy! A Level Maths, sorted! But, I'm resitting the new June exam to gain the A* (yeah silly I know), but I think everyone who got As resits. Lots of people in our school got As and A*s (people I know). Sadly I was sat next to someone who got a C for the second time (very uncomfortable :colondollar:)

Are u gona re-sit for an A* if so where is the syllabus for June it's all functional skills and that and I don't know it I'm aiming for an A god maybe even an A* i just need to get my hands on the syllabus
Reply 82
should i get mines remarked, the schools paying i was 2marks of an A
Original post by lil-mazie
Are u gona re-sit for an A* if so where is the syllabus for June it's all functional skills and that and I don't know it I'm aiming for an A god maybe even an A* i just need to get my hands on the syllabus

I'm studying Maths Linear (A) Higher, Edexcel. I've seen some A/A* practice books, they seem to word the questions more and some practice questions have more rarer questions on them. Functional skills are about 4 or 5 questions (according to our teacher). They also say it's not your final exam that counts as your final mark, your highest grade in any other exams is all that matters.
This textbook is what we use in school and has 'functional skills' questions on them (they're only worth D/C grades).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Mathematics-Edexcel-2010-Student/dp/1846900832/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1334951864&sr=8-4
Reply 84
i got an A but was 4 marks away from an a*, so i am resitting in June
Also do you think i should get my paper remarked?
Reply 85
Original post by lil-mazie

It's not ALL functional skills, more like 25%
The syllabus is on the Edexcel web site and is hardly changed in terms of maths knowledge
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gcse10/maths/maths-a/Pages/default.aspx
You are right though that you do need to prepare for the problem solving/functional questions that are quite different for questions on past paper.
Reply 86
bit late, but waheeeeeeeeeeeeey got my a*, 171/200 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :h:
Reply 87
I got a B grade, but I got 123 marks, and 124 was an A. My teacher has asked for it to be remarked, do you think that there's a chance that I could get an A seeing as I was 1 mark away?
Thanks
Reply 88
Original post by shazshaz.
I got a B grade, but I got 123 marks, and 124 was an A. My teacher has asked for it to be remarked, do you think that there's a chance that I could get an A seeing as I was 1 mark away?
Thanks

yes, because a guy in my school was 3marks away from an a* he got it remarked and got the 3 extra marks :biggrin:
Reply 89
I got a A grade, but I got 154 marks, and 158 was an A*. My teacher has asked for it to be remarked, do you think that there's a chance that I could get an A* seeing as I was 4 marks away?
Thanks
Reply 90
SO happy got A* and got over 90% which should be the minimum for an A*. I got 183/200 and i have to thank my teacher for helping me get over 90%. It Takes a little bit of pressure off and now i can concentrate on other subjects, so thrilled.
Reply 91
A Level Maths is the real thing guys ;D.
Reply 92
Original post by Thaz1996
SO happy got A* and got over 90% which should be the minimum for an A*. I got 183/200 and i have to thank my teacher for helping me get over 90%. It Takes a little bit of pressure off and now i can concentrate on other subjects, so thrilled.

i don't exactly know why you got neg reps,
but, well done, that's an excellent mark,
^ i have to agree with this poster, a-level is the real thing,
GCSE maths is nothing compared to a-level maths!
Reply 93
should i get mines remarked i was 2marks of an A
Reply 94
Original post by Thaz1996
SO happy got A* and got over 90% which should be the minimum for an A*.

I agree, A* should be in least 90%. This year it was just 79% which is good in a way that A* was more easily achievable, but let's be honest here, not all of the people who got A* this year are actually A* material. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but 158/200 is ridiculous for an A* and suits being a grade A much more than it suits A*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Help !!! I have got a B three times in a row it pisses me off ,I got 123 mark in the march exam one mark away from a A . I have asked for a re-mark ,but do you think my my mark will go up . Does anyone know what I should do .
There is a retake in June, and now your teachers can see what questions you lost marks in, so you can ask and revise those areas but with remarks if you're one mark off the chance of getting the mark is about 50%
Reply 97
But the one in june is the new specification which is a lot harder , Thanks anyways .
Are there anyways I can get an A* ,any good revision guides or CD`s anyone?
Original post by umarace
But the one in june is the new specification which is a lot harder , Thanks anyways .
Are there anyways I can get an A* ,any good revision guides or CD`s anyone?

Theres a GCSE Maths "Speed" Revision Guide (I bought this off amazon and it was really helpful xd)
Reply 99
Original post by goodmorningworld
Well done :biggrin: I got 168 :biggrin:

I got 166. I wasn't happy though with the mark, because it was one of the lowest A*'s in my year :P Congrats! I even got the area question wrong in the non-calc and noticed that after I left the hall ^_^ oh well. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending