The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RandZul'Zorander
Lol 'thats stupid' isn't an argument. :rolleyes:

I dont need an argument when anyone can see your post is stupid.
Reply 601
So we have Transcendence whose argument rests on denying that a parental relationship can exist without being genetic, and green.tea insisting that role models can only exist within family units (presumably except when he finds it politically expedient, otherwise he diminishes the credibility of his only source).

If only this were the whole of the opposition, this argument would have been over a century ago...
Original post by green.tea
Yeah, so what the research is actually talking bout is males whove had the unlikely misfortune of never knowing any older male in any capacity.

It's talking about boys who didn't have any male role models. A male who they looked up to as an example/to imitate. :rolleyes: That is what a role model is :smile:
Same applies to everyone.:rolleyes:
Reply 604

This fallacy is called argumentum ad lapidum. You should be in textbooks.

hahaha thats funny when you're the only person who seems to think it's stupid. Especially since pretty much everybody else can read the research on the subject.
Original post by mmmpie

It just gets amusing after a while. Try to see how many times he can repeat the same thing.
His post.

or some people it may be, not certainly not for all.

Having same-sex parents doesn't mean that you cannot have a role model -- family friends, uncles, cousins, older brothers, teachers, coaches, and so on can all be male role models.....

Anyone could get another role model. If it was as good thered be no prolem for anyone.

STUPID
Same applies to everyone.:rolleyes:

EXACTLY :biggrin: So you have no reason to stop a homosexual couple from adopting because the same thing applies to heterosexual parents.
enough for today i think
Reply 610
It just gets amusing after a while. Try to see how many times he can repeat the same thing.

What worries me is that people genuinely believe that these are actually ways to win an argument. Still, I think I've seen every logical and rhetorical fallacy on threads like these, so I'm not shocked.
Original post by mmmpie

I think we found the new DYKWIA :wink:
Reply 612

'tis eerily familiar, although DYKWIA is more articulate.
Reply 613
Thought I would be fairly safe leaving the thread for one day while I revised for a Spanish oral...clearly not!

Original post by Transcendence
Lol why do you even have these long debates? Homosexuality is wrong in my opinion, and right in yours, clearly. So neither of us will come to agreement.

Perhaps because it is in a debate forum?

Original post by Transcendence
I didn't say force, I said influence... encourage if you like..

One cannot be forced, influenced, encouraged, persuaded, coerced or talked (or a hundred other synonyms) into being homosexual, that is not how it works

Original post by mmmpie
So we have Transcendence whose argument rests on denying that a parental relationship can exist without being genetic, and green.tea insisting that role models can only exist within family units (presumably except when he finds it politically expedient, otherwise he diminishes the credibility of his only source).

If only this were the whole of the opposition, this argument would have been over a century ago...

Win :smile:

I personally can't decide between Transcendence and green.tea
Original post by mmmpie
'tis eerily familiar, although DYKWIA is more articulate.

Perhaps slightly...

Original post by Jester94
Thought I would be fairly safe leaving the thread for one day while I revised for a Spanish oral...clearly not!

Lol no. But NYU, Mmmpie, Mini, and myslef handled decently well I think. :smile: Hope your revising went well.

I personally can't decide between Transcendence and green.tea

They both lack some serious reasoning skills :s-smilie:

They both make me want to do that :colonhash:

Sweeeeeeet.
[video="youtube;Rcj96AxMoaQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcj96AxMoaQ&feature=related[/video]
Sweeeeeeet.

Video you posted

Any relevance to the discussion?
Original post by minimarshmallow
Any relevance to the discussion?

Has anything he posted thus far been relevant to the discussion? :s-smilie:
Reply 619
Think he's invoking a fairly similar reaction in us all to be honest...

Lol no. But NYU, Mmmpie, Mini, and myslef handled decently well I think. :smile: Hope your revising went well.

I know, how naive of me (but yes, the oral went fairly well I think, thank you)

They both lack some serious reasoning skills :s-smilie:

Or the ability to debate like a normal human being.

Sweeeeeeet.

And what has that (or that video) got to do with anything? Have you finally abandoned your pretence of debate?

Latest

Trending

Trending