The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

I'm planning on firming UCL and hopefully studying there next year. However, i'm going to be 17 for freshers and I was just wondering if this is a massive problem or will there be things for me to do anyway. Obviously clubbing is ruled out but anything else? Thanks
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi guys really need help with this!!!!

I am a current UCL student and as I didn't take a modern foreign language GCSE I was required to take a 0 credit language course.

However, as it took 3 hours of my time a week and as is a 0 credit course I stopped going after the first 3 lessons.

But I am now extremely worried as I've heard UCL make you repeat the year if you haven't met 70% attendance and taken (but if you are 0 credit you can fail) the exams! However, I haven't been reprimanded or been told of the potential consequences by any staff member yet and it is already near the end of the 2nd term. I was wondering therefore if I may get lucky and get away with it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how strict UCL actually are with this??

Thanks...
Has anyone here applied for the Deny's Holland scholarship and got accepted? Do you guys know the requirements ? I understand that it depends on financial hardship, but what is the measure for that? Does an income of 18000 pounds a year for a family of 4, make you in financial hardship ?
hi guys, (sorry if this is in the wrong place) I'm a 1st year geography student. Revising right now and on the verge of a breakdown. I have not spent my time wisely this year, missed way too many lectures and tutourials. I want to know exactly what the policy concerning resits are. If I'm absent from an exam, will I definitely be eligible to resit in summer? Guys please help I'm really worried
Hi there, total longshot but does anyone want to buy a week 2 lowercase london freshers wristband???? I bought the wrong week and they aren't refundable, just needing to get rid of it now!!!! Looks like such a good week as well, and they're all sold out now, so if anyone's keen please please please let me know, I'll sell it cheap!!!!
Thank you so much xox
Hi guys! I'm in the process of applying for UCL! :biggrin:
One question, can I use my put down my preferred name in the online application rather than my legal name?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending