The Student Room Group

Is David Cameron the worst PM ever?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keyboard-warrior
He is probably the best example of a 'career politician'. Almost everything he's done in his life has been geared towards holding a position of power in politics, although to be fair to him, there are quite a few others in his generation who would give him a run for his money for this title, namely ed miliband and nick clegg.

This is what scares me the most about him. He has more money that he'll ever need, no matter what happens, him and his family are set up for life. The position is like a game to him.... a game he's been playing his entire life; and it doesn't particularly matter if he wins or loses. And it shows. There's no real consideration behind his actions, beyond "Well it might work - lets give it a go and see what happens eh chaps?".

He'd like to win, as much as anyone likes to win when playing a game, but he'll walk away having enjoyed "playing" whichever way it goes. I think when the time comes to consider him as a "past PM", he'll be judged as reckless, unwise, uncaring and foolish.
Original post by Mysteries
Why not? They're all politicians. Stop blaming Hitler for everything that the Nazis did. He was a product of the antisemitism that was rampant in Europe at the time. You don't actually believe that Hitler was so charismatic that he managed to convince people to murder Jews and minorities do you?

Indeed; look at the country's current vitriol towards "chavs" / the underclass / "benefits scum". The sheer hatred is palpable. Just look around TSR alone and you'll see a hell of a lot of vicious, extremist comments about what should be "done with these people". Mr Cameron didn't cause this, it's a biggotry that's been building for years, but he's sure as **** lapping up that hatred and exploiting the hell out of it to further his own goals.

Just like Mr Hitler did with the Jews.

I swear the only difference is, in the world of mass media the general populace knows that they wouldn't get away with genocide. Half of TSR alone would happily have the children of people on benefits lined up for the gas chambers.
he and his little lap dog clegg make my skin crawl... i cannot stand the man as a PM.
Original post by Smuke
You're one of the most ignorant fools i've ever met.

Does exterminating gypsies class as standing up for the poor?

Does exterminating the mentally disabled mean he was a good egg?

Only 30% (on electoral basis) supported him, even then, do you think all of them wanted the complete extermination of the Jewish race?

Hm, i'm sure i'd rather have a depression than the worst human disaster of the 20th century - but each to their own I guess? And I know I'm certainly willing to forgive the Holocaust if Hitler stood up for Pets at Home.

Aaaaaand here come the right-wingers with their childish insults.

Hitler and the Nazis were scumbags. No doubt about it. But "killing Jews" was not the only thing they stood for. What are you a 12 year old who just watched a BBC documentary on the holocaust?

The Nazis didn't even start to murder Jews until years after Hitler was in power.

Example: Kristallnacht (the infamous 'night of the broken glass') didn't occur until 1938. If the goal of the Nazis was to kill all Jews wouldn't they have begun as soon as they came to power? Because "killing Jews" is not what the Nazis were all about you simpleton.

Here's a fun fact about DC you might not know: at least 31 disabled people have committed suicide as a result of David Cameron's cuts. DC believes that handicapped people are just lazy and that it's a waste of money to try and help them? Sound like a certain German chancellor to you? (source: http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/blog?i=4&page=3)

That's just one of the countless scandalous things that DC and the right-wingers are responsible for.

Of course the newspapers aren't going to report any of this because their job is to lie every day to protect corporate interests. Wake up people it's 2012!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
He's been caught lying and changing his story on virtually every single topic he's discussed from economics, to healthcare, to social issues, to foreign policy, etc... Even his own party have criticized him for this.

Mind linking me to the source of these accusations?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Smuke
You're one of the most ignorant fools i've ever met.

Does exterminating gypsies class as standing up for the poor?

Does exterminating the mentally disabled mean he was a good egg?

Only 30% (on electoral basis) supported him, even then, do you think all of them wanted the complete extermination of the Jewish race?

Hm, i'm sure i'd rather have a depression than the worst human disaster of the 20th century - but each to their own I guess? And I know I'm certainly willing to forgive the Holocaust if Hitler stood up for Pets at Home.

Oh and another thing: The British empire committed FAR worse atrocities than the holocaust. We killed and enslaved WAAAAAAY more people. The Nazis were ****ing amateurs compared to us.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kka25
Mind linking me to the source of these accusations?

The source is David Cameron. Just Google 'David Cameron lies'. The results speak for themselves.
Reply 27
The source is David Cameron. Just Google 'David Cameron lies'. The results speak for themselves.

LOL. I'm asking your sources. The ones that you took to formalize your opinion that David Cameron is a lier.
A lot of my fellow lefties would argue that Thatcher would be a more appropriate recipient of this title. However, I disagree. At least Thatcher stood for something. She had principles. Even Hitler and Stalin had principles. David Cameron has no principles. He is an empty vacuous suit with no ideas of his own or convictions of any kind. He is by far the most sycophantic, shapeshifting politician I've ever seen and that's saying a lot. He's been caught lying and changing his story on virtually every single topic he's discussed from economics, to healthcare, to social issues, to foreign policy, etc... Even his own party have criticized him for this.

David Cameron has dedicated his life to wealth and power; to make the rich richer by stealing from the poor. He is a complete corporate tool. Almost every single policy he's implemented has been for the benefit of the rich and the corporations and to the detriment of the poor and the middle class.

Verdict: Worst PM EVER!

Discuss.

Couldn't agree more.
Cameron is just a hypocrite - I love how he is this week attacking people who get drunk and cause violence/riots - hello, Bullingdon club anyone? Oh no, that's ok isn't it because it's a bunch of rich kids doing it. This man is a con artist - he worked in PR in his previous days. He's just there to serve his friends. Anyway, this video is brilliant:

TB was a great PM, despite your personal/political views.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kka25
LOL. I'm asking your sources. The ones that you took to formalize your opinion that David Cameron is a lier.

Where to begin? I mean just pick a category!

Am I going to list every single example of where DC has lied and flip-flopped?

Here are a couple of examples of the top of my head:

DC ran for office under the slogan "I'll cut the deficit, not the NHS." Now his and George Osbourne's bill is the biggest shake-up the NHS since it's creation.

Example #2: In 2009 DC told us concerning VAT: “It hits the *poorest hardest. It does *I *absolutely promise you [that I will not increase the VAT].” We all know what happened next...

I can go one for hours but I don't have all night. Don't take my word for it though. Do your OWN research. Stop believing what the media tells you about this crook.
Reply 30
Where to begin? I mean just pick a category!

Am I going to list every single example of where DC has lied and flip-flopped?

Here are a couple of examples of the top of my head:

DC ran for office under the slogan "I'll cut the deficit, not the NHS." Now his and George Osbourne's bill is the biggest shake-up the NHS since it's creation.

Example #2: In 2009 DC told us concerning VAT: “It hits the *poorest hardest. It does *I *absolutely promise you [that I will not increase the VAT].” We all know what happened next...

I can go one for hours but I don't have all night. Don't take my word for it though. Do your OWN research. Stop believing what the media tells you about this crook.

Again, you've failed to provide me with the credible sources. Where's the source of these things that you used to formulate your negative opinion towards him? Links? Videos? Articles? You're just stating what you gather from God-knows-where. Who here knows; maybe you're exaggerating? Putting emotional arguments?

I'm asking you the source from what you claimed! I will do research based on the source you gave e.g. links, testimonials, videos, etc. Not something you just cheery pick from the sky.
Original post by kka25
Again, you've failed to provide me with the credible sources. Where's the source of these things that you used to formulate your negative opinion towards him? Links? Videos? Articles? You're just stating what you gather from God-knows-where. Who here knows; maybe you're exaggerating? Putting emotional arguments?

I'm asking you the source from what you claimed! I will do research based on the source you gave e.g. links, testimonials, videos, etc. Not something you just cheery pick from the sky.

Again, Google. Use it.

I am not your PA.

I gave you 2 concrete examples (out of hundreds) of where DC has flat out lied to the people of Britain whilst you have failed to rebut any of my arguments or provide any evidence of the contrary.
A lot of my fellow lefties would argue that Thatcher would be a more appropriate recipient of this title. However, I disagree. At least Thatcher stood for something. She had principles. Even Hitler and Stalin had principles. David Cameron has no principles.

So using your logic, Hitler and Stalin were better in this regard. :s-smilie:
Reply 33
Again, Google. Use it.

I am not your PA.

I gave you 2 concrete examples (out of hundreds) of where DC has flat out lied to the people of Britain whilst you have failed to rebut any of my arguments or provide any evidence of the contrary.

No.

That excuse doesn't stand here.

You're stating a strong negative claim here and you can't even provide me with credible sources; and you're expecting me to rebut your baseless claim?
Reply 34
The problem is the population don't appreciate those with strong conviction behind their views. People feel threatened by it.
Original post by kka25
No.

That excuse doesn't stand here.

You're stating a strong negative claim here and you can't even provide me with credible sources; and you're expecting me to rebut your baseless claim?

The evidence is right in front of you. You're just choosing to look the other way.

Here's a link to backup my first point: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-big-vat-lies-173746

And my second one: https://sameoldtories.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/david-cameron-poster-defaced-kings-cross-420x281.jpg

Why not rebut my points? How do you explain DC's lies about the VAT and the NHS? Why not defend your idol? If I'm just making "outrageous claims" then it should be easy for you to disprove the FACTS that I have given you.
Original post by DorianGrayism
So using your logic, Hitler and Stalin were better in this regard. :s-smilie:

Correct. Hitler and Stalin were much more honest than DC and most of our politicians. Read Mein Kampf. Most of the stuff Hitler wrote about, he genuinely believed in. It's repulsive stuff most of it. But he actually believed that he was doing the right thing for his people.

The "Liberal Conservatives" don't even believe their own bull**** and anyone who does must be extremely naive or mentally retarded.
Reply 37
The evidence is right in front of you. You're just choosing to look the other way.

Here's a link to backup my first point: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-big-vat-lies-173746

And my second one: https://sameoldtories.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/david-cameron-poster-defaced-kings-cross-420x281.jpg

Why not rebut my points? How do you explain DC's lies about the VAT and the NHS? Why not defend your idol? If I'm just making "outrageous claims" then it should be easy for you to disprove the FACTS that I have given you.

Those are not evidences. Those are just what you say. Where you get it, we don't know.

That's it? From a news clip? The mirror? lol. A blog? lmao. Very credible.

Fact 1: There's no indication from my post that Cameron is an idol of mine. I'm just asking facts. Do not resort to emotional arguments.

Fact 2: Those are not credible source. Try again.

Fact 3: There's no need to rebut point(s) if the point(s) itself is not worthy to be rebutted, biased, untrustworthy and the points are basically :blah:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kka25
Those are not evidences. Those are just what you say. Where you get it, we don't know.

That's it? From a news clip? The mirror? lol. A blog? lmao. Very credible.

Fact 1: There's no indication from my post that Cameron is an idol of mine. I'm just asking facts. Do not resort to emotional arguments.

Fact 2: Those are not credible source. Try again.

Fact 3: There's no need to rebut point(s) if the point(s) itself is not worthy to be rebutted, biased, untrustworthy and the points are basically :blah:

Are you blind? The evidence is right in front of your eyes. Did you not see the posters when DC was running for office. Did you not listen to any of his speeches?

Just what exactly constitutes a credible source for you?! Check the BBC or the Guardian's website. They've documented this as well. That's just the first result that came up in a Google search which you are apparently incapable of performing.

I checked your profile and surprise surprise you have a quote from Thatcher in your 'about me' section. You're obviously a right-wing sheep who'll side with the Conservitards no matter how much they get caught lying.

You probably believed Bush and Blair's lies about the WMD's too didn't you? LOL
Reply 39
Are you blind? The evidence is right in front of your eyes. Did you not see the posters when DC was running for office. Did you not listen to any of his speeches?

Just what exactly constitutes a credible source for you?! Check the BBC or the Guardian's website. They've documented this as well. That's just the first result that came up in a Google search which you are apparently incapable of performing.

I checked your profile and surprise surprise you have a quote from Thatcher in your 'about me' section. You're obviously a right-wing sheep who'll side with the Conservitards no matter how much they get caught lying.

You probably believed Bush and Blair's lies about the WMD's too didn't you? LOL

I asked where are your sources. How did you formalize this opinion. If the links you gave are your sources, I'm sorry, those are not credible; news rant? blogs? Really!?

So, I like the quote; and yes I admit I like it :biggrin: but that doesn't mean or prove I support her policies in its entirety. I just like the quote. Your misleading and baseless accusation is really something :rolleyes:

Nope. I don't know much of Bush's polices nor do I care. I dislike Blair, based on the way he presented himself, and I didn't care much about his policies as well :rolleyes:

See? You really have baseless and meaningless accusations.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending