The Student Room Group

Printed Leggings - Yay or Nay??

I was in New Look recently and noticed that they have a large range of printed leggings. I absolutely love my black leggings but was wondering if I should buy a pair or two of the printed leggings?

Whats your opinion of them? http://m.newlook.com/mcs/publish/2558/28461?cat=cat10002&name=Womens&txt=printed%20leggings&pagesize=100&currentPage=1&type=&apf=8002:cat10002&sortby=
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really like the aztec style ones & some of the animal print, but I havent been brave enough to buy any yet!
I say nay. Leggings generally are quite questionable but printed leggings make your legs look really weird, depending upon pattern.
The Parisian ones were alright. Other than that - AVOID.
Topshop do nice ones.. I love printed leggings but think it depends on the person's style generally to if you'll look like a fool or not..
I like some. I don't own any though - I'd afraid they will make my legs look fat/weird.
They can look ok though, depending on what your wear them with.
Reply 6
I find it really tricky to get things to go with them :frown:
I work in New Look and they are really popular. However, I'd stay well away unless you have a slim figure otherwise they can make you look huge. The black and white striped leggings are becoming increasingly popular btw.
Reply 8
I brought some exactly like that when I went to India. They have like a crazy zebra pattern on them. Tbh I think they are more suited to places like India where it is hot and sunny and people where funky clothes like that... no one here really dresses like that...
although having said that: I wear mine out and about and have got tons of compliments people asking where I got them from cause they look outrageous so if you don't mind people coming up to you and asking you then yeah go for it!
those are a bit too bold for me, i like more subtle ones like these though - http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/tribal-print-leggings/invt/5743415161560/&bklist=#
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I was in New Look recently and noticed that they have a large range of printed leggings. I absolutely love my black leggings but was wondering if I should buy a pair or two of the printed leggings?

Whats your opinion of them? http://m.newlook.com/mcs/publish/2558/28461?cat=cat10002&name=Womens&txt=printed%20leggings&pagesize=100&currentPage=1&type=&apf=8002:cat10002&sortby=

It's quite laughable tbh that you ask if you should buy them, buy them if you like them ffs not because someone tells you too :rolleyes:

Personally, I like some printed leggings, but if they're not your cup of tea/you're not sure of them, why would you bother buying them? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Miss Behaving
I work in New Look and they are really popular. However, I'd stay well away unless you have a slim figure otherwise they can make you look huge. The black and white striped leggings are becoming increasingly popular btw.

Thanks :smile: Do the black and white striped ones make people look heavy? Wow they must be popular if they are all sold out on the website! :wink:
this
Original post by sarahthegemini
It's quite laughable tbh that you ask if you should buy them, buy them if you like them ffs not because someone tells you too :rolleyes:

Personally, I like some printed leggings, but if they're not your cup of tea/you're not sure of them, why would you bother buying them? :s-smilie:

I see your point! :rolleyes: I do quite like them but I don't know if I'm bold enough to wear them out and about as I haven't seen many people with them. :p:
I love printed leggings :love:
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Thanks :smile: Do the black and white striped ones make people look heavy? Wow they must be popular if they are all sold out on the website! :wink:

Personally I think they do.
Reply 16
Personally, I'm not a fan - so nay. But that's just my opinion. Not that I wear leggings that often but if I did, and wanted some prints on there, I'd team black leggings with a printed top.
Reply 17
Nay :redface:
Reply 18
yay if you got a nice ass
Reply 19
They tend to hide cameltoe more than plain black ones.

For that reason, I oppose them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending