The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6200
Original post by King of the Jungle
jabroni beaten pie eaten trails brazin

Yes, that's EXACTLY how The Rock says it. You are just like The Rock. You are so awesome. Even The Rock thinks you're awesome. You are the next WWE champion. Make love to me, Randy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nonotrly
Yes, that's EXACTLY how The Rock says it. You are just like The Rock. You are so awesome. Even The Rock thinks you're awesome. You are the next WWE champion. Make love to me, Randy.

Have I missed something?
Reply 6202
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Have I missed something?

The Crock allegedly laying the smacketh down verbally.
The Crock allegedly laying the smacketh down verbally.

Ah I see....I'm guessing the Crock hasn't hit puberty yet.
Original post by Introvert2020
I'm going to Raw at the O2 tomorrow! :biggrin: Anyone else attending any WWE events during their UK tour?

I was thinking about it but I've got so many essays, projects and deadlines to do, it's ridiculous :angry: Plus I don't really know anyone who would come with haha

Have fun though man! :biggrin:
Original post by Scott129
I was thinking about it but I've got so many essays, projects and deadlines to do, it's ridiculous :angry: Plus I don't really know anyone who would come with haha

Have fun though man! :biggrin:

I did! :biggrin:

Daniel Bryan was over as hell again. YES! YES! YES! chants all night. (A quick *SPOILER ALERT* for RAW shortly. He's renaming the Lebell Lock to the Yes Lock!)

Also, I may have mentioned him before but FCW's Dean Ambrose, who is already engaging in a feud with Mick Foley (they must see a lot in him) was in the dark match against Alex Riley today. He walked out to silence, and five minutes later, left to the biggest heat of the evening. Dean Ambrose exudes charisma, is the most natural heel I've ever seen and - mark my words - is a future legend.
Reply 6206
HERE COMES THE PAIN!!!

The Pain has come.
I did! :biggrin:

Daniel Bryan was over as hell again. YES! YES! YES! chants all night. (A quick *SPOILER ALERT* for RAW shortly. He's renaming the Lebell Lock to the Yes Lock!)

Also, I may have mentioned him before but FCW's Dean Ambrose, who is already engaging in a feud with Mick Foley (they must see a lot in him) was in the dark match against Alex Riley today. He walked out to silence, and five minutes later, left to the biggest heat of the evening. Dean Ambrose exudes charisma, is the most natural heel I've ever seen and - mark my words - is a future legend.

Hahaha, the "yes lock" - awesome! :biggrin:

I'm guessing he beat A-Ry then :frown: Shame because A-Ry's a favourite of mine. I've not actually heard of him tbh but will have to keep an eye out for him. And you're right, if he's in a feud with Foley already, they've probably got big plans for him.

Just saw Santino's little bit with the football jerseys too - must've gone down a storm! :biggrin:
Hahaha, the "yes lock" - awesome! :biggrin:

I'm guessing he beat A-Ry then :frown: Shame because A-Ry's a favourite of mine. I've not actually heard of him tbh but will have to keep an eye out for him. And you're right, if he's in a feud with Foley already, they've probably got big plans for him.

Just saw Santino's little bit with the football jerseys too - must've gone down a storm! :biggrin:

Yeah I actually quite like Riley myself but his nosedive down the pecking order has been brutal, I wonder if he's being punished for something. Riley got a fairly good reception, mind. But yeah Ambrose did get the win.

If you don't know much about Ambrose here's some links, I'm genuinely quite excited about him:

This is a fairly solid match between Ambrose and William Regal in FCW:

A promo of his that shows that he's got some great potential:

And here is the worked shoot where Ambrose confronted Mick Foley at a hotel on WrestleMania weekend. They've had a Twitter war since where Foley is "refusing to acknowledge" him, so this will no doubt spill over onto TV soon. What a way to start your WWE career:

Actually the football shirt thing didn't seem to entirely work out, even the England shirt got booed, think there were a lot of non-English Britons out there today! I'll say some more tomorrow but I'm off to bed now, knackered :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah I actually quite like Riley myself but his nosedive down the pecking order has been brutal, I wonder if he's being punished for something. Riley got a fairly good reception, mind. But yeah Ambrose did get the win.

Yeah, I think A-Ry's being punished. On a 17 match losing streak apparently :eek: I have read though that he's quite dangerous in the ring to other wrestlers and also, he had a DUI last month I think. The last time he got one of those, he went on a huge losing streak too.

A promo of his that shows that he's got some great potential:

You're right about this Ambrose guy. Seems like he's got great mic skills, much better than some of the current heel wrestlers. Was his match against Riley his debut?

Actually the football shirt thing didn't seem to entirely work out, even the England shirt got booed, think there were a lot of non-English Britons out there today! I'll say some more tomorrow but I'm off to bed now, knackered :smile:

Haha, not surprised in all honesty. Some of the best players in the world and yet they play like s**t together :angry:
Reply 6210

It could just be how unlikable the football team is. We'll boo them the same reason we boo Chisora and any other criminal chavs we're being forced to watch. The only people who like chavs are chavs and people who don't know what a chav is.
Going Smackdown tonight, sign suggestions? So far I'm opting for Who ate all the pies (for when Seamus comes out, he said that to a kid when he was a heel and. It was hilarious) and Welcome Ambrose?

I think il have one saying "what's the football score" during boring matches...plus itl be during the champions league for us... shame tensai isn't there, I had an Albert sign at the ready.
Just started getting back into WWE.

I showed Batista how it's done in a Last Man Standing match, at Wrestlemania 21 last night :biggrin: (Smackdown vs Raw 2006 FTW!)
Reply 6213
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Just started getting back into WWE.

I showed Batista how it's done in a Last Man Standing match, at Wrestlemania 21 last night :biggrin: (Smackdown vs Raw 2006 FTW!)

Nah bro, SvR 2007 is the winner.
Nah bro, SvR 2007 is the winner.

Maybe. I never had it haha, SvR 06 was my childhood though.
Reply 6215
Maybe. I never had it haha, SvR 06 was my childhood though.

It's probably about the same as 2006 but with new features. I think it was 2006 where they moved the series to a more cerebral game that required tactics and was more realistic. It's the only Smackdown game I've played so far where I managed to get the difficulty right so that it wasn't piss easy, but my opponent wouldn't reverse every single move.
It's probably about the same as 2006 but with new features. I think it was 2006 where they moved the series to a more cerebral game that required tactics and was more realistic. It's the only Smackdown game I've played so far where I managed to get the difficulty right so that it wasn't piss easy, but my opponent wouldn't reverse every single move.

Ah right. Yeah if I'm being honest I dominated everyone, I really need to bump up the difficulty. I had to keep breaking my own pins/submission holds, because I wanted the matches to last longer :colondollar:

I think I might get WWE 12 when it comes out :biggrin:
Ah right. Yeah if I'm being honest I dominated everyone, I really need to bump up the difficulty. I had to keep breaking my own pins/submission holds, because I wanted the matches to last longer :colondollar:

I think I might get WWE 12 when it comes out :biggrin:

12's already out mate :tongue:

First wrestling game I've owned and I'm enjoying it a lot.
12's already out mate :tongue:

First wrestling game I've owned and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Oh ****, really?!?! Awkward :colondollar:

Haha well I guess I don't have to wait then.
Reply 6219
I'm currently in 2010 or so as far as WWE games go, since that's the newest one I've played/rented. The series has been going downhill, Yukes/THQ keep removing things, adding gimmicks and then keeping them, and the graphics are years behind.

TNA Impact wasn't bad. Notably, it used the same engine as WWE All-Stars (the one where everyone's on steroids), but the TNA game got crap reviews while the WWE one got "OMGZ FUN DIFFRENT GAME" despite being the same game pretty much.

Latest