The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Civil Engineering - AAB!! :biggrin: (I declined the interview, as travel is a problem)

Took 11 days, if anyone is wondering :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 61
Applying for History V100. Predicted A*A*A.
Unconditional offer for BA International Relations. :headbang:
Reply 63
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
Got an offer for Civil Engineering - AAB!! :biggrin: (I declined the interview, as travel is a problem)

Took 11 days, if anyone is wondering :smile:

What happens if you decline the interview?
Original post by Dangermoose
Another Graphic design student! :biggrin:
At the GD+T they said they don't look at portfolios because of time constraints. Which is lucky really, I only have some product design and a little bit of web design so far.... I'm taking a foundation course before hand though. What have you got in yours?

ohhh, i've only looked on the website which said something about portfolios... haven't been to any open days cause i can't get there :smile:
all i've really got is my design coursework from this year and last, which is really rubbish because it's product design... and i've never taken graphic design, i took media and tech systems at GCSE...
really struggling with what to put in my personal statement too D:
Reply 65
Hey everyone :h:

Course: Medicine
A-level Subjects: Biology Chemistry Physics Maths
Required Grades: AAA
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
Original post by POWW!
What happens if you decline the interview?

Well the letter I got in the post with the interview had a return slip, and the options were:

1) I shall be please to attend for interview on ...

2) I am unable to attend for interview on ... and would like to arrange another date.

3) I am unable to attend for interview but would like an offer based on my UCAS form.

Originally I sent an email saying I would attend interview, but then I realized that I couldn't, and so the lady said she'd arrange for an offer to be made based on my UCAS. :smile:

I think it may also depend on predicted grades, reference, etc.

Good luck with your application. What are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 67
Well the letter I got in the post with the interview had a return slip, and the options were:

1) I shall be please to attend for interview on ...

2) I am unable to attend for interview on ... and would like to arrange another date.

3) I am unable to attend for interview but would like an offer based on my UCAS form.

Originally I sent an email saying I would attend interview, but then I realized that I couldn't, and so the lady said she'd arrange for an offer to be made based on my UCAS. :smile:

I think it may also depend on predicted grades, reference, etc.

Good luck with your application. What are you applying for? :smile:

Maths :smile: hopefully will be my firm if I get a offer
Original post by POWW!
Maths :smile: hopefully will be my firm if I get a offer

Ooo nice, have you sent your application yet?
It will probably be my insurance, but that depends whether I get other offers or not! xP Either way, I'd be very happy to go there :biggrin:
Reply 69
Ooo nice, have you sent your application yet?
It will probably be my insurance, but that depends whether I get other offers or not! xP Either way, I'd be very happy to go there :biggrin:

Nah haven't sent it yet :l still need to find a last Uni to apply for but I plan on sending it on like the week college starts again.
Were else are you applying?
Reply 70
Oh wow, I've like applied ages ago. Got acknowledgements from everywhere apart from Leeds. Makes me feel a bit anxious seeing people getting offers ><
History and Social Policy - ABB
Predicted - A*AA
:biggrin:
Has anyone applying for politics or economics been acknowledged yet??? I'm getting a tad anxious here...
Hi, I've applied for French and Italian B :smile: Haven't had an acknowledgement yet..
Reply 74
Original post by shaaar
Course: French & Arabic RR16
Required grades: ABB
Predicted grades: A*AA

Failed to find anyone at all doing my course so far - ANYBODY out there? :smile:

a friend of mine is doing spanish and arabic - his first choice oxford
Reply 75
Got my acknowledgement from Leeds today :biggrin:
Good to know it has got there safe and sound.... now the wait continues :yep:
Reply 76
Sending off my application at the end of this week for Politics & Parliamentary Studies
Required grades AAB
Predicted grades A*A*A

Really want to get an interview! Only 18 places.. anyone else applying?
Reply 77
Original post by Obsidian
Got my acknowledgement from Leeds today :biggrin:
Good to know it has got there safe and sound.... now the wait continues :yep:

How long did you wait before they acknowledged you, out of interest? 'Cause I've had acknowledgements from my other choices by now but not Leeds :\
Original post by Matty_LUFC
Define stink? My GCSEs were 2 As, 8Bs and 2Cs for an AAB course (pre A*)

Compared to TSR standard, they stink XD, I got a mixture of A's and B's and and A* in English language. Are they good for politics at Leeds perhaps?
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
Unconditional offer for BA International Relations. :headbang:

what GCSE's and A levels did you get?
thanks.

Quick Reply