The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Any Psychology (MA) and/or German applicants?

Hey,

I'm applying for Psychology (MA) and German, was wondering if there were any fellow applicants, and whether any have heard back yet?

Good luck with all your applications :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied for psychology and french if that's any help haha?! But heard nothing :/ xx
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Haha glad to hear someone's applied for something similar! Hopefully Dundee will start giving out more offers soon, it's my first choice and I'm dying to go there! xx
Reply 3
i know i've not heard of anyone else that's applied for this! yeaa it's my first too, last one to get back to me now! where else have you applied? xx
I applied to Aberdeen, Stirling, Edinburgh Napier and Glasgow Caledonian as well. Heard back from all of them except Napier, they seem to be running behind on giving out offers. I have a pretty nasty conditional from Aberdeen (my second choice) of an A at Advanced Higher and a B at Higher. Hoping Dundee won't be as harsh! What about you, where have you applied? :smile: xx
Reply 5
Original post by RosalindWildman
I applied to Aberdeen, Stirling, Edinburgh Napier and Glasgow Caledonian as well. Heard back from all of them except Napier, they seem to be running behind on giving out offers. I have a pretty nasty conditional from Aberdeen (my second choice) of an A at Advanced Higher and a B at Higher. Hoping Dundee won't be as harsh! What about you, where have you applied? :smile: xx

i've applied to aberdeen and stirling and got a conditional to both.. my aberdeen one is horrible too- AA at higher and B at advanced higher, so yea fingers crossed for dundee's conditions!

do you know if when combining psychology with a language, do you automatically get to go abroad for some time to study/work? i know for some unis it's an essential part of the language course, but not sure if it is for dundee?

:smile: xx
I think it has to be your first subject (say you were doing French with Psychology instead of Psychology with French), but I think they'll still give you the option to. I hope so at least, cause I'd love to go to Germany for even half a year just to really get good at the language :smile: xx
Reply 7
Applied to Psychology (BSc though) and got my offer yesterday evening :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by gaiaxsempre
Luckyyy! Congratulations! so jealous!

I applied for psychology and haven't heard back from Dundee yet, but Aberdeen told me I was unsuccessful because the course was full by the time they got to my application :/

Mi dispiace :frown: But according to the Guardian Dundee seems to be better for Psychology anyway, plus the faculty's building looks gorgeous :smile: Hope you'll get an offer soon.
Reply 9
German here!!! :biggrin:

Have an offer from Dundee for International Business with German! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by KatyMx
i've applied to aberdeen and stirling and got a conditional to both.. my aberdeen one is horrible too- AA at higher and B at advanced higher, so yea fingers crossed for dundee's conditions!

do you know if when combining psychology with a language, do you automatically get to go abroad for some time to study/work? i know for some unis it's an essential part of the language course, but not sure if it is for dundee?

:smile: xx

Yes, even if you study something with a language (which I think is the only option at dundee?), you get the option to spend a semester/year abroad in a country which speaks the language! I have e-mailed the uni about this before and for german I think it would be Freiburg University! Hope this helps.

EDIT: This is what it says on the website: ''In Level 3, there are opportunities to take part in Erasmus exchanges either for a semester or a year to universities in France, Germany or Spain or other countries depending on your degree choice.''
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by JakeE10
Yes, even if you study something with a language (which I think is the only option at dundee?), you get the option to spend a semester/year abroad in a country which speaks the language! I have e-mailed the uni about this before and for german I think it would be Freiburg University! Hope this helps.

EDIT: This is what it says on the website: ''In Level 3, there are opportunities to take part in Erasmus exchanges either for a semester or a year to universities in France, Germany or Spain or other countries depending on your degree choice.''

that's great thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Am I the only one who hasn't heard anything from Dundee yet for psychology?:/ started to get really worried:frown:!!
Reply 13
Original post by Bee266
Am I the only one who hasn't heard anything from Dundee yet for psychology?:/ started to get really worried:frown:!!

nope, i've not heard anything either! :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by KatyMx
nope, i've not heard anything either! :frown:

Ahh this is so horrible! i had called them up around 2 weeks ago and they had told me that i should hear back by the end of this month!! so i guessing in the next couple of days we should hear back! have u applied for psychology BSc or MA?
Reply 15
Original post by Bee266
Ahh this is so horrible! i had called them up around 2 weeks ago and they had told me that i should hear back by the end of this month!! so i guessing in the next couple of days we should hear back! have u applied for psychology BSc or MA?

it really is! hopefully they do that then, can't stand waiting much longer. MA, combining with french, what about you?
Reply 16
Original post by KatyMx
it really is! hopefully they do that then, can't stand waiting much longer. MA, combining with french, what about you?

I've applied for psychology BSc. It seems like we're not the only ones who haven't heard back yet! Anyways best of luck:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Bee266
I've applied for psychology BSc. It seems like we're not the only ones who haven't heard back yet! Anyways best of luck:smile:

i know, suppose that's reassuring! thanks, you too :smile:
Just heard back today, apparently I have to wait until the 10th of May to see if they'll offer me a place, because the psychology/german course is full. hopefully people won't accept their offers and I might get one, I'll be so upset if I don't :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by RosalindWildman
Just heard back today, apparently I have to wait until the 10th of May to see if they'll offer me a place, because the psychology/german course is full. hopefully people won't accept their offers and I might get one, I'll be so upset if I don't :frown:

Sorry to hear that. How did you find out? Was it on track?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending