The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 3 (IAL): Exploring Physics, WPH03 (11th May 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wenogk
Inverse of gradient is refractive index in sin r against sin i..

well i guess thats also possible
Original post by Imperion
For IAL they're constant?

Not a bad paper overall ;o

Yeah it was a pretty easy paper, but after discussion with my friends after the exam, I realised places where I lost easy marks (e.g. for the describe how to measure the diameter question, i forgot to write about measuring at different points on the wire).

The grade boundaries are fairly constant, but they've been slowly and slightly increasing; in 2015 it was 33/40 for an A, so I'm worried it's going to be even higher this year (e.g. 34 or 35).
Original post by Nethmioysters
it doesnt matter which is independant or dependant. you have to always plot sin i against sin r or else you wont get refractive index for the gradient

i think potential divider is wrong
Original post by Haamoo7
Yeah it was a pretty easy paper, but after discussion with my friends after the exam, I realised places where I lost easy marks (e.g. for the describe how to measure the diameter question, i forgot to write about measuring at different points on the wire).

The grade boundaries are fairly constant, but they've been slowly and slightly increasing; in 2015 it was 33/40 for an A, so I'm worried it's going to be even higher this year (e.g. 34 or 35).

Lets hope and pray the boundary is like 30 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest