The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaveMoishe
1. There's definitely a range. Your answer should be fine.

2. You would lose one mark for this, as standard form is in between 1 and 10
3. You may get one mark, not sure...
4. Definitely ok as a fraction or decimal, as both are equally as mathematically accurate!

Hey i also got t -1.6 and 4.6 on question 19, but i didn't draw lines on the graph...will i lose marks for this?
Also, for question 5, it says estimate and i got 46 instead of 45. Will i lose marks?
Original post by jess987
thanks what do you think grade boundaries would be like

Hard to say - no-one knows until the paper is marked. It was an average paper, not too easy, not too hard, so I would say 85% A*....more average boundaries.
Reply 2323
Original post by 34908seikj
Or you could just solve it like an equation...

Eniu3ay.jpg

Yeah, if you knew how to format it as an equation, which I didn't. Hence, "I didn't know how to calculate it using algebra"...
On average, over the last few years, the grade boundaries for an A*:
- 155 - 168
- 82 per paper
- You should aim for 85 marks to be on the safe side
- Minimum aim for 78 marks but ensure you get more marks on the calculator paper.
Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

Spoiler

Just want to double check, I simplified it to 25(4-π) cm². Is this answer still fully valid?
Original post by grace143
nope. 100-25pi is the same as 25(4-pi). Both are equally correct, the second one is just factorised but i dont know if that makes it simpler or not (they said leave your answer in its simplest form)

Thanks for indirectly answering my question but in general factorising is seen as simplifying.
Reply 2327
Factorising and simplifying are completely different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was an estimate question on graph solutions l. For the 2 equations I completed the square and solved it. Would I get 2 out of 3 marks for it?
For that 36 male teachers i put 54 females which both add up to 90 teachers did i get it right?
For that estimate one i did 900 divide by 20 which is 45 days.
For the that tennis question i did put 0.95 and 0.5 (by accident) and and the 0.8 at the start so do i get at least 2 marks because i got two of the slots right even if i get the answer wrong?
For the prism question i put 750cm(3) the little 3 next to it to indicate cubed do i get the full 3 marks?
And you know for the questionnaire could adding 'often' two times in both question and answer count as a mark for the first questionnaire question?
If all these counts i counted it up and got 32 marks which is good as i want to get a Grade C.
(edited 7 years ago)
What do you guys think the calculator paper is going to be like? Lol I think it's going to be wayyy more hard than this paper :frown:
Reply 2331
Stop making everyone worry...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

founsdation pls
Original post by mete5454
founsdation pls

Ahh sweet mate - cheers, that really helps
Original post by Meegan543210
What do you guys think the calculator paper is going to be like? Lol I think it's going to be wayyy more hard than this paper :frown:

Yeah my exams officer showed me the Paper 2 because they just got delivered by Edexcel yesterday, it is way harder than the first paper - it actually has some questions which made me think a lot (an A level Maths/FM/Physics student). It's definitely a beast of a paper. I think you should be worried.

Spoiler

Original post by iMacJack
Yeah my exams officer showed me the Paper 2 because they just got delivered by Edexcel yesterday, it is way harder than the first paper - it actually has some questions which made me think a lot (an A level Maths/FM/Physics student). It's definitely a beast of a paper. I think you should be worried.

Spoiler

Of course that would be a joke, overall i think the papers will be mainly make of grade A,B and C which there will be much harder and it will contain Sin,Cah and TOA etc....
Being hard on myself, only giving myself some marks for working when I may get more, I have counted 23 :frown: hopefully I can gain atleast 5 more then that when its marked and I get a c
Original post by Ryanggggggg
Being hard on myself, only giving myself some marks for working when I may get more, I have counted 23 :frown: hopefully I can gain atleast 5 more then that when its marked and I get a c

Don't worry too much about it now as there's nothing you can really do, just focus on acing the calculator paper:biggrin:

23 marks? This is GCSE maths man...

Im hoping to get C we will need 70 marks if it's higher I will. Hardly get C because maths is a lot harder and calculator paper is always my favourite so let's see what will happen this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending