The Student Room Group

How much do you get paid?

This may come across as rude, so you don't need to answer if you don't want to, but I was wondering where you worked and how much you get paid (and I guess what your job is then!).

I work in Millets (an outdoor shop) at weekends (I'm only a 4 hour contract, but end up working 8/10/12 normally) and get £3.65 an hour... I'm only 16 though.

Scroll to see replies

I get nearly £6 an hour for working in a well known bookstore at the weekend, and i'm 17
Reply 2
£8/hr for notetaking for students in lectures as part of the disability and additional needs unit at uni and £6.50/hr as a Student ambassador (campus tours/open days/talks etc) ... again for uni!
Reply 3
I get paid 3.40 an hr so its still better than me, I am 17 x
Reply 4
£10 an hour teaching 11 year olds how to pass their 11 plus exams.. £700 to date... :smile:
Reply 5
£3.90 an hour at bhs :frown:
Reply 6
I get 5.89ph as a bar staff (senior) and technician and as a DJ. I get £10ph for freelance technical work.
Reply 7
£7.26 in morrisons cafe baby...but then, i only work sundays. I'd get 4.84 any other day of the week :frown: minimum wage for 16-17 yr olds is £3.30 per hour tho so if anyone gets below that its illegalness :redface:!
£5.62 an hour at somerfield.

But i know 2 people who got let off after the 12 week probationary period at somerfield. And then they both got jobs for the council in a local park selling ice creams in a little kiosky thing. They are two of the scruffiest boys i know - always give away free stuff to people they know like me. And they are getting paid £6.32 an hour midweek, then £12.64 on weekends. And im like wtf
6.59 for Saturday at Sainsbury's and then 9.59 for sundays
Reply 10
Poison_Girl
£3.90 an hour at bhs :frown:

awwwwwwwwww bbz i work at bhs to and i get £6.60....but im 18...even b4 i was 18 i got paid £5.47 working at bhs as well ......they are ripping you of...i swear £4 is like the minimum wage anyways???..and i work sundays only!!
Does anyone know how much Morrisons shelve stackers or people who work on the check-outs get paid?
:smile: x
there us no minimum wage for under 18's xx
yes there is. http://www.hrmguide.co.uk/rewards/minimum_wage.htm
20 March 2006 - The Government has announced that the adult minimum wage rate will rise from £5.05 to £5.35 an hour in October. The youth rate for those aged 18 to 21 will be increased from £4.25 to £4.45. The Government has also accepted the recommendation of the Low Pay Commission that the rate for workers aged 16-17 years should increase from £3.00 to £3.30.
£5.55 at thorpe park, im 18. but i do get a bonus at the end of the season and free tickets to lots of other attractions.
i only work sundays and some of the holidays
Reply 15
JenniferLou
there us no minimum wage for under 18's xx

You're wrong. :rolleyes:
well its 3.40, but its still not 4 lol x
Reply 17
annab1684
Does anyone know how much Morrisons shelve stackers or people who work on the check-outs get paid?

depending on age...if you're 17 like me you get £4.84 weekdays but if you're 18 you get more. its time-and-a-half on sundays, and checkouts get like 30p extra cause they handle cash. like thats deserving of an extra 30p per hour!! i do the till in the cafe and yet i dont get extra money for handling cash...grrr.
idn what the rate is for 18+ but its at least £5.40.
thanks. . I'm 16, hopefully that means I would get the 4.84 but I'm hoping they'll let me on a till, I'm applying for when I've finished my GCSEs you see. .
Reply 19
£7 per hour, for data entry work in an office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending