The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey 2012 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Firmed for computer science. i'm surprised surrey isn't that popular..seems to be less applicants than at a lot of other universities..
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 201
Original post by Just Josh
Firmed for computer science. i'm surprised surrey isn't that popular..seems to be less applicants than at a lot of other universities..

The university is currently going on quite a grade hike, so numbers have dropped as the entry requirements have risen. It'll even out and go back up over the next few years.

Good time to be applying there though!
Reply 202
Original post by Dan1909
The university is currently going on quite a grade hike, so numbers have dropped as the entry requirements have risen. It'll even out and go back up over the next few years.

Good time to be applying there though!

I thought that might be a reason why. Are you a current student?
Reply 203
I thought that might be a reason why. Are you a current student?

Yeah, chemistry student, currently on my placement year :smile:
I've got a conditional offer for adult nursing here :biggrin: x
Reply 205
Original post by Dan1909
Yeah, chemistry student, currently on my placement year :smile:

awesome, would you reccommend the uni? think it's worth AAB or do you think they're asking a bit high? Do you like it there?
Original post by nkbarker176
I've got a conditional offer for adult nursing here :biggrin: x

Me too firmed it a while back :smile:
Reply 207
awesome, would you reccommend the uni? think it's worth AAB or do you think they're asking a bit high? Do you like it there?

Definitely. I can't speak much about the courses other than chemistry, but the quality of teaching, and also the facilities has always been top notch. They'll easily justify AAB, and the grades will most likely be AAA next year, possibly rising the year after as well, so it can only carry on getting better really.

Other than petty complaints, there's never really been anything worth complaining about to be honest!
Applied for Electronic Engineering. Hope it goes well.
Reply 209
Firmed for Economics after a long hard decision between Exeter and Surrey. Very excited!
Reply 210
Firmed for International Hospitality and Tourism. Applied for Hazel Farm accommodation.
Reply 211
Can some one advise me on which Band D option is better? The pictures on the website don't look that clear, and they don't show the en suite rooms for some areas...
Reply 212
Original post by silver0
Can some one advise me on which Band D option is better? The pictures on the website don't look that clear, and they don't show the en suite rooms for some areas...

As far as I know, the only choices you will get for band D rooms are either on campus, or manor park (forget hazel farm, even if you get offered it). The rooms at manor park are a little nicer, they're newer and have electronic keys to the rooms, but other than that they're roughly the same size and have all the same equipment in. The downside is that they're 15 minutes away from campus (less on the bus), so I'd always go with the on campus option personally.
Original post by silver0

See below conversation.

why would you chose off campus? :tongue:

Original post by KingGoonIan
I stayed there a few times with my mate and liked it a lot. Although it's "off campus" it's only about 5-10mins walk and is closer to Tesco and the Hospital (where I hope to be on placement) than the campus.

Also will be quieter.
Reply 214
Original post by KingGoonIan
See below conversation.

I wouldn't count on it being quieter, most of the noise comes from people within your halls, as people walking past don't tend to hang around long. So it all depends if you get unlucky with a noisy flat.

As for being closer to tescos it's only a few minutes difference, and I wouldn't say it makes up for having to walk 15 minutes to and from campus every time you need to go to a lecture or anything.
Original post by Dan1909
I wouldn't count on it being quieter, most of the noise comes from people within your halls, as people walking past don't tend to hang around long. So it all depends if you get unlucky with a noisy flat.

As for being closer to tescos it's only a few minutes difference, and I wouldn't say it makes up for having to walk 15 minutes to and from campus every time you need to go to a lecture or anything.

It's just across the field though and as for the noise I meant by business.
Original post by vinfamy
Firmed for International Hospitality and Tourism. Applied for Hazel Farm accommodation.

finally somebody that's applied for the same course as me!
good luck :smile:
Reply 217
applied for accommodation finally! :smile: it's just really about getting the grades now :s-smilie: scary stuff..
Applied for accommodation! :biggrin: I hope I get a band D room :smile:
I want to apply for economics here next year (only in year 12 now)..anyone doing economics care to give any opinions about teaching, facilities etc???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending