The Student Room Group

Anyone want to learn a language over summer?

This poll is closed

What language would you like to learn?

German 28%
Spanish 31%
French 18%
Italian 14%
Dutch9%
Total votes: 149
The final vote is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2020647

The TSR Summer Language Learners Society.

First we'll vote for a language, vote here

Each day we'll chose a topic, for example the alphabet, animals, numbers, common phrases, tourist phrases.

Each day we'll self teach these topics, but with eachother's help and support.

We'll also have helpers on hand, fluent in said language that can teach us pronunciations on Skype etc.

We'll encourage eachother and link eachother to useful online material.

We'll track eachother's progress, and familiarise ourselves with eachother.

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump.
Reply 2
As a fellow language enthusiast, I support this idea. :yy: Currently trying to get to grips with German.
Reply 3
Original post by najinaji
As a fellow language enthusiast, I support this idea. :yy: Currently trying to get to grips with German.

If I got decide what language we'd learn tbh it would be German.

I see Hitler in movies and I want to be able to shout in German like he does >.>
Gonna spend 3 months in Kenya! - I'll try to pick up some Kiswahili.
Reply 5
Original post by Miracle Day
If I got decide what language we'd learn tbh it would be German.

I see Hitler in movies and I want to be able to shout in German like he does >.>

:teehee: Interesting...

Reply 6
I can speak in English, German, French but would like to learn Mandarin.. I guess it's too complicated for TSR?
Reply 7
Original post by Frankster
I can speak in English, German, French but would like to learn Mandarin.. I guess it's too complicated for TSR?

Yeah. I don't see how can type Mandarin lol -.-
German! :h:
Reply 9
:teehee: Interesting...

Ofcourse that isn't the basis of me wanting to learn a language, German just has a sounding to it I like :d
Reply 10
I'd love to become fluent in welsh... Again...
Reply 11
If anyone wants to learn Dutch, I'd love to help.
Reply 12

Original post by Vixen47
German! :h:

High five everyone :biggrin:
Reply 13
Hola, I have been so interested in Spanish.

Do you believe in love at first sight? It's an illusion, I don't care.
German! :mmm: As I was born there people always ask "Can you speak it?" and it's embarrassing to say no. :frown: I speak French and English.
Already decided on Italian :-D no idea what level I could get up to, but hoping to book some conversation lessons at the end of September and see how I get on, and maybe stumble my way through some children's books.

Probably should try to get ahead in Dutch instead (my first language, but lost loads of it)- I was learning vocab and reading in it a while ago, but got out of the habit. I did read a Dutch comic strip of Jane Eyre though :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Ok guys put forth your ideas and we'll run a poll later. German is popular!
Arabic!
Reply 18
Original post by Perfectly_Imperfect
Arabic!

yes, Arabic would be cool!
I'd love to learn Welsh or Dutch. I'm afraid I only speak English fluently but I have an A2 in French so I'd be able to help people with the basics. I'd love to brush up on my French again since I've let it slide over the last two years. Great idea OP :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending