The Student Room Group

Why do I like older guys?

I've noticed that most of the guys I like are older e.g. at least 10 years older than me. A few weeks ago I saw this guy who I thought was really attractive he was at least 40. Today I saw another guy who I thought was gorgeous and he was at least 35. It's the same with celeb crushes I have a crush on Louis from One Direction who is the oldest of them all. Ian Somerhalder is gorgeous too and he's like 30 or something. I suppose those celeb crushes aren't that unusual but I'm talking about real life attraction, I've only been attracted to one guy my own age, that's it, the rest are in their mid twenties or even older. Why??
Reply 1
Forgot to mention I'm 18.
Reply 2
cos you think they're wealthier, which they usually are
Reply 3
You had any daddy issues?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Forgot to mention I'm 18.

anyway, course you're going to find Ian S good looking, he's a model. I mean its like me saying that about Heidi Klum
Reply 5
Original post by hiding12
cos you think they're wealthier, which they usually are

I never thought about their wealth

Original post by Pitt1988
You had any daddy issues?

Why do you say that?
Reply 6
Just from some of the girls I know that didn't have the best experience with fathers, tended to gravitate towards older guys for relationships.
Unfortunately I have the exact opposite problem to you which has landed me in a spot of bother once or twice.
I find I get on better with older people in general so I've usually liked guys who are older than me. Sometimes younger guys can be immature, although that's not always the case.
Reply 9
Well, there's nothing wrong with liking an older guy. But I tend to have a boundary if I were to go into a relationship. My boyfriend's 8 years older than me, and I'm 18. Normally I wouldn't go for someone more than 5 years, but he is a really nice person and I really like him.

Just be careful with older guys, some may be a bad nut (no pun intended). I've never been properly attracted to guys my age (except for one). I don't know why, but people just have different taste that's all. And I can say I have no daddy issues, my family are divorced and I've never been attached to him (nor my mother)
Reply 10
OP one word for you. Stupidity.

Crush with a celeb? Honestly grow up.
Original post by Palatial Veranda
Unfortunately I have the exact opposite problem to you which has landed me in a spot of bother once or twice.

lol wot happaned
Reply 12
im the same.most of the guys ive dated/got with have been over 10 years older(in their thirties). i just prefer older men and i always seem to attract them!theyre more mature and i think im quite mature for my age. ive had a relationship with someone 3 years younger than me before and i will NEVER EVER EVER go out with someone younger than me again.serious cringe when i think back on it!!
Original post by bradfriedal24
lol wot happaned

Nothing. I was only making a jocular self-deprecating reference to myself as being a child molester.

I'm not.
Try YOUNGER guys, trust me it can be very fun <- Haha, a guy talking

but

When I was 15, I dated a 20 year old girl and when 17, a 23 year old. I have to admit I regret nothing and neither do they.
Reply 15
Original post by gintoki
OP one word for you. Stupidity.

Crush with a celeb? Honestly grow up.

What's wrong with having a crush on a celeb? I'm just saying I've not had "normal" crushes like other girls my age, they've always been much older.
Reply 16
A lot of girls have crush's on older men as they find them more mature and have MONEY LOL
Original post by Anonymous
I've noticed that most of the guys I like are older e.g. at least 10 years older than me. A few weeks ago I saw this guy who I thought was really attractive he was at least 40. Today I saw another guy who I thought was gorgeous and he was at least 35. It's the same with celeb crushes I have a crush on Louis from One Direction who is the oldest of them all. Ian Somerhalder is gorgeous too and he's like 30 or something. I suppose those celeb crushes aren't that unusual but I'm talking about real life attraction, I've only been attracted to one guy my own age, that's it, the rest are in their mid twenties or even older. Why??

You're female.

Girls generally seem attracted to older men, guys generally seem keen on younger women.

It's all deep biological bull**** but basically older guys are more established, their 'value' is 'proven' as potential mates (your ovaries are going "Aw **** son, he has survived all those sabre tooth ****ers and ****, dude is still alive and healthy, gotta get me his man-sauce!") whereas with guys we see a young fertile healthy girl and we're all like "Awwwww **** dawg, look at dat fine bit of baby incubator, she probably gonna spit all sorts of my progeny out and probably won't die in the attempt either".
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
You're female.

Girls generally seem attracted to older men, guys generally seem keen on younger women.

It's all deep biological bull**** but basically older guys are more established, their 'value' is 'proven' as potential mates (your ovaries are going "Aw **** son, he has survived all those sabre tooth ****ers and ****, dude is still alive and healthy, gotta get me his man-sauce!") whereas with guys we see a young fertile healthy girl and we're all like "Awwwww **** dawg, look at dat fine bit of baby incubator, she probably gonna spit all sorts of my progeny out and probably won't die in the attempt either".

Lol, this made me laugh. Thanks, I suppose it is normal then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending