The Student Room Group

Scottish Art Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I got an interview date for BA Graphic Design for ECA...now just waiting for the same from GSA!
Reply 41
Original post by HLR_1993
Hello :smile:

I'm currently waiting on ECA for First Year Studies, kinda getting worried now as I haven't heard anything about an interview yet. My surname is R and I'm from the south of England - think that makes a difference?

Anyone else heard anything?

I'm so nervous, I can't focus on anything! :confused:

Do ECA still do a general year? I thought they'd changed to four year degrees. :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Original post by kmorgan
Thanks a lot, have emailed them to be on the safe side.

Which is your preferred MA or BA?

My first choice is probably the MA but I would be happy with the BA too. I really like the uni/campus/courses and love Edinburgh so would love to have either :smile: what about you?
Reply 43
Sorry reeka, I meant say just year one entry (as I haven't done a foundation)
- still haven't heard, do you think it's worth ringing?
Reply 44
Original post by kmorgan
I'm M and from London, and heard back today. I'm not sure if it's done alphabetically or just in the order that they come in, though. It's so stressful - have literally been refreshing my email every few minutes
good luck!

Ah right thanks, well I didn't send mine off until 25th :s-smilie: sooo - congrats on interview! It really is horrible, I'm trying to stop checking my email haha. Thank you :smile:
hiya,
i just got my invite to the applicant day, for the ba and ma at the same time :smile:
im totally stressing over my folio, was wondering how much everyone was planning on taking?
ive applied for painting.. thanks ! X
meant to say for edinburgh ! X
Reply 47
Has anyone heard anything from GSA about the BA graphics interviews? :/
Reply 48
Original post by chloe-elizabeth
hiya,
i just got my invite to the applicant day, for the ba and ma at the same time :smile:
im totally stressing over my folio, was wondering how much everyone was planning on taking?
ive applied for painting.. thanks ! X

Congrats! What date did you send off your miniportfolio? Just wondering, in case they use that order for replies :smile: x
Congrats! What date did you send off your miniportfolio? Just wondering, in case they use that order for replies :smile: x

i sent it like two days before the deadline!
haha cut it pretty close, my surname begins with a g too if that helps any ! x
Reply 50
Original post by chloe-elizabeth
i sent it like two days before the deadline!
haha cut it pretty close, my surname begins with a g too if that helps any ! x

Ah right haha, I sent mine on the 25th - but my surname is R, sooo :s-smilie:
I have no idea - guess I'll have to keep waiting! Thank you though :smile:
Ah right haha, I sent mine on the 25th - but my surname is R, sooo :s-smilie:
I have no idea - guess I'll have to keep waiting! Thank you though :smile:

it's cool, good luck! :smile: x
Reply 52
Any news from anyone on this subject - more precise, the eca interviews?

I am aplying for the fine art MA and intermedia art BA at the edinburgh college of art - still haven't heard anything about an interview (yes/no).
I'm going to Scotland (i'm from scandinavia) mid-March to have an interview at the GSA... Would be nice to know if I also have to visit eca around that time - this wait is not making the plane tickets cheaper!
Reply 53
yeah, same here. Im going to Glasgow for an interview with GSA and really hoping that ECA will reply soonnn! otherwise im just going to book the tickets and take it from there.
I rang ECA yesterday and they told me that they hadnt made a decision yet (I applied for Interior Design) and that i should hear back soon. but they did not define soon. so i hope that soon is by the end of the week :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by Ailieo15
My first choice is probably the MA but I would be happy with the BA too. I really like the uni/campus/courses and love Edinburgh so would love to have either :smile: what about you?

not sure really, my first choice is gsa. They're both beautiful cities :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by mrzmar
otherwise im just going to book the tickets and take it from there.

Exactly where I'm at as well :smile:
Reply 56
has anyone received rejections from either eca or gsa?
Reply 57
i just got an invitation to an applicant day on the 16th !!! :smile:
Reply 58
for eca :smile:) i forgot to mention.
Reply 59
Original post by mrzmar
for eca :smile:) i forgot to mention.

What have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest