The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS1 - 14th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
that was so hard, i didnt mind the longer questions but the first question was all too much finance, and the graph threw me off.
Original post by Hugh*
I think so yes.

Yes I got that too. They don't want you to take into consideration the 'other variable costs' as it was asking for the value added for the first three months of trading for the party bags.

Value added = difference between the prices of the materials used to make a product and the price the customer pays for the finished product. So, £1125 is right!
This is the second time I've done this paper, got a B in it last year, A in unit 2. So hopefully!
Original post by DannyMacdonald
i also worked it out but dont think they needed that. What did you put for the budget question?

Was that where they asked for the profit?
Reply 283
Anybody know how many marks the exam was out of?
Original post by novadragon849
I THINK! The added value one is just the November 2011 figure which was £2700 - the cost of party bag figure in Nov 2011 which was £1000 something can't remember and that came to just over £1000 or something for added value.

The budget was all income for the year - all expenditure for the year which came to a budget profit of £18750 or something...hope this is right, can anyone confirm?

Yes I got that too, you're right. You're talking to someone who did the exam last year and got a B in unit 1 and an A in unit 2. Just redid this to try and boost my grades. Wait until you get to A2 if you think AS is hard! :-)
Original post by insert help here__
Was that where they asked for the profit?

no it was a written question for 6marks. i think it said what problems with the accuracy of the figures would she have
Original post by Robbanner
Anybody know how many marks the exam was out of?

Reply 287
In the longer questions do you have to say both sides of the arguments to get full marks? Please someone answer me!
Reply 288
for the break even question did anyone work out the difference so £20, then times it by the number of meetings which i believe was 225, leaving you with 4500£ extra costs at 225 meetings, meaning your line would start where the other costs was and gradually widen due to the costs being variable?
if i remember correctly you were left with around 115 meetings as BE

as people are writing about how you didnt know what fixed costs were, which number one doesnt matter and number two you can work out from where the line first means the vertical axis?
Original post by DannyMacdonald
no it was a written question for 6marks. i think it said what problems with the accuracy of the figures would she have

I said that one problem would be the suppliers and the other about the bank as she couldn't spend as much. What about you?
Reply 290
failed it
Reply 291
What did everyone write about the hard to calculate expenditure? :s-smilie:
Original post by Coldeversince
Yeah but because this one was so hard, maybe they'll make Buss2 a bit more easier than usual :tongue:

I didn't think this paper was very hard.
Original post by insert help here__
I said that one problem would be the suppliers and the other about the bank as she couldn't spend as much. What about you?

i said she wouldnt have any experience in business, and the external factors would effect them
Reply 294
Original post by tillstock
that was so hard, i didnt mind the longer questions but the first question was all too much finance, and the graph threw me off.

you know girl. **** doing well anyway, just got to find some hot rich rugby player who wants to snuggle and let me clean the house all day.
Original post by tillstock
for the break even question did anyone work out the difference so £20, then times it by the number of meetings which i believe was 225, leaving you with 4500£ extra costs at 225 meetings, meaning your line would start where the other costs was and gradually widen due to the costs being variable?
if i remember correctly you were left with around 115 meetings as BE

as people are writing about how you didnt know what fixed costs were, which number one doesnt matter and number two you can work out from where the line first means the vertical axis?

Correct, 115 was the break-even point :-)

Fixed costs stayed at £15000 remember they do not change with output.

It was £70 (the new variable cost) multiplied by 225 (the number of customers) whatever that gives, and then add it to the fixed costs to get total costs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 296
Original post by alexissocool
I didn't think this paper was very hard.

I didnt think so either, hopefully they put the grade boundaries down!
Reply 297
Original post by alexissocool
Correct, 115 was the break-even point :-)

Fixed costs stayed at £1500 remember they do not change with output.

It was £70 (the new variable cost) multiplied by 225 (the number of customers) whatever that gives, and then add it to the fixed costs to get total costs.

I increased variable costs by £4500 :biggrin:
Original post by tomgarratt93
I got £1125 approx for added value (can't remember exact figure)
Also about £18750 or something like that for the WHOLE YEAR budgeted profit/loss.

Do these seem reasonable?

:smile:

Exactly what I got.
Original post by Robbanner
I increased variable costs by £4500 :biggrin:

I did at first then I knew it wasn't right. Increasing variable costs does not result in a decrease in total costs so that wouldn't make sense to do £20x225. So I figured it was £70x225 and that was right :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending