The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by Finbobs
Oh no! Sorry, I thought I had been PFO'd. Apparently it was Russell Cooke, not Collyer Bristow :s-smilie:. But, I have a note saying we'll hear before 20th August(?).. Sorry sorry!

Ahh no worries :smile:. Yeh i was just wondering because i have an email saying they would let us know by letter no later than the end of august... I was worried my app wouldn't arrive in time seeing as we had to send it by post..
Original post by Numinator
Not heard from either Cobbetts or Gateley (also love how most people can't spell their name. Hope I got it right on their application form!).

Was not the best end to last week - got rejected from Brabners after interview, and annoyingly got PFOs from Pannone and Weightmans. This week seems to be going better though; my DWF interview went okay, and just got an AC invite for Hill Dickinson.

Ah okay, thank you for letting me know :smile:

I also got a PFO from Weightmans :frown: Congrats on the AC invite and I have my fingers crossed that your interview went well!

I have a telephone interview with Browne Jacobson on Weds... Really nervous! Other than online tests its the only positive responce I have had thus far :/
Reply 2062
Original post by DavidHume
Anyone know what a "pre assessment centre" at Watson Burton entails?

I dont know specifically but previously (not at watson burton) I was invited to a selection event which is basically just an assessment centre with group tasks etc and from there you were invited back to an assessment centre, hope that helps!
Original post by bowen22
I dont know specifically but previously (not at watson burton) I was invited to a selection event which is basically just an assessment centre with group tasks etc and from there you were invited back to an assessment centre, hope that helps!

Thanks bowen - the only reason I ask is because, on their website, they only mention the single assessment centre followed by an offer/rejection.

Did you seriously have an assessment centre to get on an assessment centre?
Reply 2064
Original post by alibab
Hey Congrats on hearing from Forsters!

I was just wondering if you could tell me when you heard and I'm presuming they invited you to interview?

Thanks very much!

Hi,

I have also applied to Forsters and haven't heard anything. A previous post suggested that they are known for silent PFOs?
Reply 2065
Original post by DavidHume
Thanks bowen - the only reason I ask is because, on their website, they only mention the single assessment centre followed by an offer/rejection.

Did you seriously have an assessment centre to get on an assessment centre?

Yes although it was only half a day compared to a full day assessment centre, i suppose it works out well for both sides because the company gets to see more candidates and the candidates get a feel for the company!

Good luck with it anyhow, I got a PFO from them on Friday!
Reply 2066
Original post by yarp
Hi,

I have also applied to Forsters and haven't heard anything. A previous post suggested that they are known for silent PFOs?

Hi!

I'm not sure. The confirmation email does say they'll be in touch in respect of the application and they were all very friendly and accommodating on the open day so I'd be surprised if silent PFO's were policy.

When did you apply if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 2067
Original post by alibab
Hi!

I'm not sure. The confirmation email does say they'll be in touch in respect of the application and they were all very friendly and accommodating on the open day so I'd be surprised if silent PFO's were policy.

When did you apply if you dont mind me asking?

It was the early hours of the 31st July so not quite last minute. I thought I would have heard back from a few today but no such luck!

Still waiting on:
Forsters
Farrer
Lewis Silkin
Bristows
Reply 2068
Original post by yarp
It was the early hours of the 31st July so not quite last minute. I thought I would have heard back from a few today but no such luck!

Still waiting on:
Forsters
Farrer
Lewis Silkin
Bristows

Fingers crossed for you mate!
Reply 2069
Not heard from either Cobbetts or Gateley (also love how most people can't spell their name. Hope I got it right on their application form!).

Was not the best end to last week - got rejected from Brabners after interview, and annoyingly got PFOs from Pannone and Weightmans. This week seems to be going better though; my DWF interview went okay, and just got an AC invite for Hill Dickinson.

Sorry to hear about your rejection from Brabners. I was just wondering what day did you have your interview? And did you get through to the afternoon?
I was interviewed early last week but have yet to hear back from them.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Muchacho
Sorry to hear about your rejection from Brabners. I was just wondering what day did you have your interview? And did you get through to the afternoon?
I was interviewed early last week but have yet to hear back from them.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Was last week as well. I got rejected after the first part. I think it was mainly due to the fact that I screwed up the end of my presentation by trying to add to it on the spot - never a good idea, lol. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon though.
Reply 2071
Original post by alibab
Fingers crossed for you mate!

Cheers! :smile:
Has anyone else had experience of receiving a limited number of AC invites, but they're all held on the same ****ing day? I've been invited to six so far and four are at the same time on the same day.

edit: 8 negs? really?
(edited 11 years ago)
Got an AC invite for Cobbetts xD
I have had a slew of rejections and am waiting for:
Bristows,
Penningtons,
Lewis Silkin,
Capsticks

I note that some people have had a PFO from Penningtons, but also that they list their interview dates as 1-31 August which means time is running out for interview invitations...
Has anyone on hear applied to Hogan Lovells? seems like no one has for some reason.
Reply 2076
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Brabners or should I be taking it as a silent PFO?
Original post by DavidHiggs
Has anyone on hear applied to Hogan Lovells? seems like no one has for some reason.

I have a friend who has a interview with them tomorrow.
Reply 2078
Kirkland & Ellis PFO. Expected- was only a CV and Cover Letter app, so no hardship.

I have today had an AC invite for Cobbetts, so check your email :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest