The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2015/16!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by acquadigioia
Warwick is a great choice. I'm so happy for you all ahhh 😁🎉

Moi at repecca! It really is nice to see someone from tiny (but not old) Finland on here ✌🏻️ (Now I can't decide whether or not to write in Finnish to you though hahahaha)

How did everyone find out that they wanted to study history of art? I'm lame so I only found out about this kind of a subject during my first yr in high school/upper secondary 😅 Wasn't too late though and I still would have done the subjects that I did in finals.

I just found that I read a lot of books about art history so it was only natural to apply for a course.
Original post by hyacinthius
Yeah ! As someone with an abject hate of waking up in the morning, how close to it is is defiantly, defiantly what's most attractive to me. all I'd need to do is get a job at the pret a manger and my life will be 100% easier :tongue:

I literally never post on this thread because I always forget to, but thought I would just mention (even though you've firmed Warwick) that the accommodation at the Courtauld is given based on how far away from the University that you live - bonus if you're an international student! Personally, I firmed the Courtauld over Warwick - after receiving offers from both Universities - I'm going to live in Student Accommodation for the first year (Hopefully Duchy, as I live in Surrey), then after that I'm moving in with my boyfriend for the remaining years.
Reply 262
I guess I'm firming Warwick, so looking forward to see some of you there this fall!:smile:
But actually I am still caught in a dilemma between Warwick and St Andrews, I study joint honours for St Andrews (HoA and Philosophy) whereas single honours for Warwick. I visited both and like the two pretty much equally. What a difficult decision! Any advice? Thanks xx
Has anyone gotten into Ucl?! X
Original post by FranScan97
Well this is awkward... I haven't been accepted to UCL yet so I have no choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I was just wondering whether you had heard back from Ucl? because I was thinking about applying to it next year but don't know how hard it is to get in!
Reply 265
Original post by chiaralatif
Has anyone gotten into Ucl?! X

Yep ! I think that at least 4-5 people from this thread if i'm not wrong
Original post by marttt
Yep ! I think that at least 4-5 people from this thread if i'm not wrong

Is it hard to get in? X
Reply 267
Original post by Arthistorykid
Is it hard to get in? X

I have no idea to be honest. It's easier than i thought it would be - they're not so strict about grades as I'm certainly not a top student and i got an offer ( my grades from eight polish final exams range from 56% to 100% and my grades from polish equivalent of GCSEs range from 50% to 100 %). So i guess they mostly focus on your experience, interest in art and skills. I think that if you're really into art and read/watch/listen about the subject , do some extracurricular work in any way connected with art history and know why you want to do this, then you should be ok - I guess it's always also a matter of luck in a way (in terms of competition etc.)
Original post by xyq
I guess I'm firming Warwick, so looking forward to see some of you there this fall!:smile:
But actually I am still caught in a dilemma between Warwick and St Andrews, I study joint honours for St Andrews (HoA and Philosophy) whereas single honours for Warwick. I visited both and like the two pretty much equally. What a difficult decision! Any advice? Thanks xx

Hi, where did you firm in the end? Just curious as interested in both for 2017 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'd be interested in whether you need more grades than that stated by Unis and how important your personal statement is? St Andrews would be my top choice but I know it's a competitive course. Also interested in Warwick and UCL. Will 40 IB points be enough? Would appreciate some advice. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my results 1st of July, will definitely be going to Warwick :smile:

^ Can't unfortunately help you with IB points, but as long as you have the grades stated by Unis you should be fine. Personal statement is really really important!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys just read through this thread and it has been very useful! I'm applying in 2017 and I was just wondering if some of you could respond back to this thread or a similar, after having started at your chosen university with any unconsidered positive aspects and how you are finding the course there. Would be very helpful having insight from actual students. And well done you guys!
To all Warwick offer holders - does anyone know if there's a reading list we should be looking over this summer?
Original post by LillyB14
Hi guys just read through this thread and it has been very useful! I'm applying in 2017 and I was just wondering if some of you could respond back to this thread or a similar, after having started at your chosen university with any unconsidered positive aspects and how you are finding the course there. Would be very helpful having insight from actual students. And well done you guys!

Yay, another 2017 History of Art applicant! :biggrin: I'm also hoping to read Art History at university in 2017. I've spent the best part of thirty minutes reading through this thread in hope of finding guidance and help, and thankfully I feel even more enthusiastic (yet nervous, soo nervous) over the prospect of studying HoA!! What universities are you planning on applying to and what grades are you predicted?

To all who are moving on to read Art History in Sept/Oct, wow, just wow. All your grades and super-curricular activities are amazing, hence why you all received offers from prestigious universities!! Best of luck for results day :smile:
Where did you guys all get into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where did you guys all get into?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick! :smile: You?
Original post by roselestrange
Warwick! :smile: You?

I'm not applying till Jan 2017 (doing an art foundation first) but well done!! Do reply back on this thread after you've started and tell me what it's like!
Reply 277
I'm not applying till Jan 2017 (doing an art foundation first) but well done!! Do reply back on this thread after you've started and tell me what it's like!

thats exactly what ive done. got AAA at college then did my art foundation in brighton. studying history of art at bristol in september!
Original post by issym
thats exactly what ive done. got AAA at college then did my art foundation in brighton. studying history of art at bristol in september!

Ah i'm doing my foundation in Brighton as well. Bristol's course looks really good, well done! Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone going to UCL?

Quick Reply

Latest