The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HannahtheFauves
Yea, at the open day today I heard the numbers! Were you there?
And yeah you're right I guess, it's just that I just failed a group interview for a job so kinda confidence knocked but i'm just hoping my passion for englit comes across better than how much I wanted a waitrose job! Where else are you applying?

No, i just started qmul this year :smile:

I think I might have met a a person who got into English in clearing and i know people have through history as well :smile:

Next year should be less competitive because of the higher tuition fees.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 21
I went to the open day on Saturday too! I loved it, more so than KCL. More worried about getting an offer 'cause I know I can work hard to get the AAA but I've done all that I can now for my UCAS! We shall see :smile:
Original post by Iqbal007
No, i just started qmul this year :smile:

I think I might have met a a person who got into English in clearing and i know people have through history as well :smile:

Next year should be less competitive because of the higher tuition fees.

Okay so I failed the first test; work out when different people reply :/

I guess that's kinda encouraging, in a way.

But in one way less people are going but on the other hand the people who are keen to go to university, the really clever people who understand the loan etc ARE going to go & and they are the ones who will be fighting for the places I want :frown:

What is it you're studying and where are you living? I love it there!!
Reply 23
Original post by HannahtheFauves
Okay so I failed the first test; work out when different people reply :/

I guess that's kinda encouraging, in a way.

But in one way less people are going but on the other hand the people who are keen to go to university, the really clever people who understand the loan etc ARE going to go & and they are the ones who will be fighting for the places I want :frown:

What is it you're studying and where are you living? I love it there!!

It really doesn't matter to be honest because what your saying isn't exactly reality though what your saying is true, but when it comes down to clearing its first come basis. Plus you shouldn't worry too much as long as you have impressed them because they don't just accept people with high grades necessarily.

Computer engineering and i'm living at home in Camden, gonna try to transfer though it has proved quite difficult already.
Reply 24
English Language and Linguistics!

Loved QM at the open day :biggrin:
Reply 25
Applying for Biology :biggrin:
Fingers crossed I get an offer, sendind on Friday.
Reply 26
Anyone applying for psychology? :biggrin:
Reply 27
Applying for Biology :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by admbeatmaker
Applying for Law (M100).

:ditto:

:yep: :tongue:
Reply 29
how much does a foundation year at queen mary cost
Reply 30
I am considering management studies and sports science, anyone else??? or anyone on this course now??
Application sent for Law!
Original post by D0LLxo
Anyone applying for psychology? :biggrin:

I am applying for psychology too! :biggrin: Have you sent the application yet?
Reply 33
Original post by thehk16
how much does a foundation year at queen mary cost

Are you international?
If not it should cost the same as a normal year.............................. also most the foundation years are for internationals only one is for home students.
Reply 34
Original post by Med_Geek
I sent mine on Friday too! *high 5* :biggrin:

I'm applying for Medical Genetics :smile: Does anyone know how early QM send out offers?

Depends,most likely around a month.
Reply 35
Hiiiiiiii :d
Original post by Koala_100
Hiiiiiiii :d

Hi! : )
Reply 37
Original post by panda1093
I am applying for psychology too! :biggrin: Have you sent the application yet?

I sent my application on Friday after my teacher took a long time to finish my reference! :colone: Are you doing any science subjects? And what other uni's are you applying to?
Original post by D0LLxo
I sent my application on Friday after my teacher took a long time to finish my reference! :colone: Are you doing any science subjects? And what other uni's are you applying to?

I am doing maths, physics, chemistry and biology ... what about you?
I am applying to: QMUL, City university, Goldsmiths college...but I'd really like to get into QMUL! Are you applying to other uni's?
Reply 39
Original post by panda1093
I am doing maths, physics, chemistry and biology ... what about you?
I am applying to: QMUL, City university, Goldsmiths college...but I'd really like to get into QMUL! Are you applying to other uni's?

:eek: You're doing all sciences? That's pretty good. I'm getting quite worried now because I think I'm the only psych. applicant this year who has not done a science a-level. I'm doing Psychology, Religious Studies, English Literature and done Biology at AS. The more I talk to other applicants the more I think I don't stand a chance lol.

QMUL is not (too) far from my house so it would be convenient if I got a place lol :tongue: Have you sent your application off? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending