Original post by LauraG1992
Glad this thread has become useful :smile:

I ended up applying to:
-Nottingham Trent
-Manchester Met
-Kingston
-Northumbria
-UCLan
and my college finally sent my application off this week, a month after I sent them it! So just waiting now...

could someone who's applied to MMU tell me how many photos they ask for on the online portfolio? just preparing myself for if I do get asked for online portfolios
and also, how long do the unis usually give you to get your online portfolios done and sent to them?

Imin the SAME boat as you college only sent mine off this week too !! Ive applied for :

London College of Fashion : Ba Photography
Fda Photography and Styling
UCLAN : Fashion Promotion and Styling

Nottingham Trent : Ba Photography

Southhampton : Ba Photography

Had akcs emails from UCLAN and Southampton thats it up to now ! :frown:

Good luck let me know how u get on x

p.s im from Preston so if u go UCLAN can give u tips about the area x
Reply 41
Original post by torie3591

Original post by torie3591
I applied to Falmouth also in the hopes of being accepted onto either the Marine and Natural History Photography course or Photography. They've acknowleged my application and say I'm currently on step 4 where they want me to send in an e portfolio, then after that maybe be considered for an interview. They sent me both letters just before Christmas but told me not to do anything yet as they will email me with details about how to send it in? I've been waiting weeks and haven't received an email yet. Should I wait a little longer or get in contact? Or should I have sent it off already? I know it's been the Christmas period but Cumbria have offered me an interview also so I was expecting a reply from Falmouth by now. Probably me being stupid but I'm dying to go to Falmouth!

Hi :smile: I've applied to Falmouth too and am on step 4. I got that same letter about a week and a half before Christmas and have heard nothing since so I guess it is just a waiting game with them.
hello I'm michelle :smile:

I've applied for Falmouth :fashion photog
Southampton :fashion with photog
lcf : fda styling with photography and ba fashion photography
Bournemouth: commercial photography

I've only got an acknowledgement from falmouth, and they also said they want me to send a mini portfolio of only 12 images! so i'm just gonna create a whole knew portfolio cos I want mine to be better :tongue:
Reply 43
falmouth : fashion
: edit & press

truro : photo & digital imaging

plymouth college of arts : photog

Plymouth uni: photog

:smile: I live in Nottingham and my current tutor works at Trent Uni I think :smile:
But ive applied down south as I don't enjoy living in the city!
Hi i'm Marcus currently studying Photography National Diploma

i've applied for -
Falmouth - MNHP ( sent portfolio over xmas waiting to hear back * INTERVIEW 14/2
Cumbria - Wildlife and Media ( interview 18/1)
Derby - Photography - interview 13/2
Bournemouth Arts - acknowledged
brighton - acknowledged
(edited 12 years ago)
Looks like falmouth MNHP interviews are being done .. just got mine.
Reply 46
Good luck to everyone with interviews, tell us how they went.
Im trying to prepare for mine im so nervous!
Im a bit worried about how the interviews are conducted,
cuz I know Nottingham trent take your portfolio away to look at and then you do the interview without it.
Also my tutor said manchester met ask you to do a presentation at a group interview with them? :s-smilie:
Anyone know about this?
Reply 47
Original post by procrastination...

Heard anything from NTU? I got an email this morning from them, they want me to send a powerpoint with 12 of my photographs! Ahhh

Nothing from ntu yet :frown: or falmouth, getting a little worried. How long did it take after you applied to hear back from ntu?
Original post by jessyrks
cuz I know Nottingham trent take your portfolio away to look at and then you do the interview without it.
Also my tutor said manchester met ask you to do a presentation at a group interview with them? :s-smilie:
Anyone know about this?

I'm sure if manchester met wanted you to do a presentation they'd warn you! With what the presentation should be on etc It might be different for different courses aswell, my friend had to do a presentation when she applied for fashion business management, but that's completly different.
Reply 49
Original post by jords261
Imin the SAME boat as you college only sent mine off this week too !! Ive applied for :

London College of Fashion : Ba Photography
Fda Photography and Styling
UCLAN : Fashion Promotion and Styling

Nottingham Trent : Ba Photography

Southhampton : Ba Photography

Had akcs emails from UCLAN and Southampton thats it up to now ! :frown:

Good luck let me know how u get on x

p.s im from Preston so if u go UCLAN can give u tips about the area x

Glad I'm not the only one who's didn't get sent off ages ago!

ah cool. Good luck to you too!

In the past week i've had an online portfolio request from kingston and have an interview at northumbria, haven't heard from Nottingham or MMU, and just an acks email from UCLAN.

and thanks will definitely get some tips if i do move to Preston, was abit of a random choice so i know nothing about the area or uni haha x
Hi guys- I'm currently studying a BA Photography degree at Falmouth. If anyone wants any advice on the interview/portfolio I'm more than happy to help. Just quote me and I'll get back to you! I also had interviews at Middlesex and Portsmouth so let me know if you want any info on those. I am actually leaving Falmouth, but this is due to a combination of reasons and not strictly the course itself.
Original post by Moooooooose
Hi guys- I'm currently studying a BA Photography degree at Falmouth. If anyone wants any advice on the interview/portfolio I'm more than happy to help. Just quote me and I'll get back to you! I also had interviews at Middlesex and Portsmouth so let me know if you want any info on those. I am actually leaving Falmouth, but this is due to a combination of reasons and not strictly the course itself.

Is there any kind of rules regarding taking lenses out etc because I already have a Nikon camera body - do you have to pay some kind of safety deposit?

Marcus
Original post by MarcusHoare1
Is there any kind of rules regarding taking lenses out etc because I already have a Nikon camera body - do you have to pay some kind of safety deposit?

Marcus

Nope, it's 100% free :smile: If you do Marine & Natural History/ Press & Ed you get access to the super massive lenses and undrwater cameras. If you just do BA you get a more limited choice. You can usually only have them for 48 hours max though unless you get an extended loan form from your course tutor.
thanks for the help - I am applying for Marine and Natural history so was worried about them charging for taking out a 400mm because they are worth so much .

Marcus hoare
DMU offer! :biggrin:
Original post by :)fee
Nothing from ntu yet :frown: or falmouth, getting a little worried. How long did it take after you applied to hear back from ntu?

Well my UCAS finally got sent on the 8th so from then until last Friday I suppose. I guess it depends on when you sent it off as to where you are. I shouldn't worry, the deadline for UCAS is Sunday so I'm guessing the Unis will start contacting then. :smile:
Original post by Moooooooose

Ahhh! Brilliant! Tell me everything! It's literally my top choice! :P
Original post by jessyrks
Anyone know about this?

Yeah I'm ever so nervous too! I'm not 100% for Nottingham with the interview but Falmouth let you explain your portfolio and workbook apparently, so maybe that's the case for others. I hate talking about myself, especially in pressured conditions like that!
Reply 58
Hi guys, I'd be really grateful if you could help me out now. Today I got an email from Napier asking me to submit my portfolio and some addictional stuff. I'm struggling with the visual exercise:

Submit a series of between 3 and 6 photographs depicting a recently experienced single event. You can take a realist or fictional approach when taking the images and the nature of the event is entirely up to you. Think about how your final selection of images can communicate different aspects of the event and how best to convey something of the overall story and of the experience of being there.
In approx 100 words, give an account of the event and reasons for your selection.

What is a "single event"? A few months back I took some pictures at my college where we had workshops about future textiles. Do you think I can use those?
Ahhh! Brilliant! Tell me everything! It's literally my top choice! :P

Are you applying for BA? If so bring tonnes of stuff with you, as much as you can physically carry. Life drawings, random books you think wouldn't be directly relevant, whatever. Make sure your portfolio is very fine art based. Umm can't think of much else, just brush up on photographers etc.

Quick Reply

Latest