Me! :h:

English Language & Linguistics and French

*AAB offer
(edited 12 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
i got an offer from kentttt for business economics........the conditional offer is A* AA :/
Original post by JayKayEnn
Me! :h:

English Language & Linguistics and French

*AAB offer

Congrats to you :smile:

Scared now. Lang and Ling are clearly going through the pile at long last.
Reply 923
UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FOR FINE ART!
So relieved! :smile:
Has anyone who has applied to maths heard anything ?
Reply 925
Original post by Onique
Belly dancing sounds fun.. I've always wanted to give it a go but nowhere near me does it =/

Haha, hopefully c: but I hear my course is really time consuming...

Aww, so your real excited to move out then ^^
I'd love to travel after uni.. maybe work outside the UK c:

travelling after uni: don't tell me xD that's exactly what I intend to do! and also, if I can afford it, I'd love to get a master in the USA... kind of a dream!!!! fortunately, my degree is in the field of IR so I guess I'll be able to travel a lot :biggrin:
Reply 926
Anyone applied for Law and heard back yet??
Reply 927
Original post by LauraMial
travelling after uni: don't tell me xD that's exactly what I intend to do! and also, if I can afford it, I'd love to get a master in the USA... kind of a dream!!!! fortunately, my degree is in the field of IR so I guess I'll be able to travel a lot :biggrin:

And there's the added bonus of not having to pay off your Student Loan if you move abroad. I'm hoping to move to America after Uni
Original post by OwnedTom
And there's the added bonus of not having to pay off your Student Loan if you move abroad. I'm hoping to move to America after Uni

ahh exact same here! It looks like us all computer science students are trying to get into cisco and full time after! Sucks that theres only like 4 interns out of like 120 in each intake. do you have a way of getting in like through family? or do you need to go via employment too?
What accommodation are people liking the look of? I liked Tyler Court when I was there. Going for the admissions day on wednesday so I'll see what it's like.
Reply 930
Original post by LauraMial

I'm thinking the other way >< maybe China or singapore.. or just another place in europe ^^
Mums always taken me away so I'm ready to travel and see moreee c:

Original post by agoetcherian
What accommodation are people liking the look of? I liked Tyler Court when I was there. Going for the admissions day on wednesday so I'll see what it's like.

This wednesday?
Original post by Onique
This wednesday?

Yep, history admissions day.
Original post by OwnedTom
And there's the added bonus of not having to pay off your Student Loan if you move abroad.

I believe this is a student myth.
Original post by ifstatement
I believe this is a student myth.

I think you're right.

'The student loan is effectively a contract. If you leave the UK you're still obliged to repay the student loan based on 9% of all earnings above the equivalent of £21,000 and can face substantial penalties if you avoid it.

Some further information on this for the current system, which is likely to be similar in 2012 is available on the DirectGov website, though it's a bit sketchy in parts.'

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-loans-tuition-fees-changes
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Winterbells
I think you're right.

'The student loan is effectively a contract. If you leave the UK you're still obliged to repay the student loan based on 9% of all earnings above the equivalent of £21,000 and can face substantial penalties if you avoid it.

Some further information on this for the current system, which is likely to be similar in 2012 is available on the DirectGov website, though it's a bit sketchy in parts.'

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-loans-tuition-fees-changes

I'm fairly sure that you do have to pay it back when you return, but not while you're abroad. I.e. if you leave the country for a year, then you still have to carry out payment when you return, but if you leave for 30 years, and the loan is wiped off, you can return without having paid it.

That's what I take from the situation, please feel free to correct me.
I'm fairly sure that you do have to pay it back when you return, but not while you're abroad. I.e. if you leave the country for a year, then you still have to carry out payment when you return, but if you leave for 30 years, and the loan is wiped off, you can return without having paid it.

So with your theory if I study in the UK and then move back to Canada I won't have to pay absolutely anything?

Not quite sure where you get this from - i remember seeing an interview with some parliament university person that no matter where you work the government can still take payments from you. So sorry guys, no quick escape :frown:
Reply 937
Yep, history admissions day.

Awwww I thought it may have been another.. cause I'm going on the 8th ^^
Reply 938
Original post by OK Computer
AAB offer for Architecture!

Congrats c: I do too... are you firming Kent?
Are you going to any of the UCAS days? ^^

Accepted Kent's offer today :biggrin: .

Was accepted by Durham , Birmingham and Kent .

Undergrad Economics

Quick Reply