The Student Room Group

Why do some races have better looking women than men?

For example IMO South Asian (Indian, Pakistani etc) girls and East Asian (China, Japan) girls are waaay more attractive than their male counterparts. Like...yes ofcourse there are attractive guys of that race too but they're a lot more rare. With Caucasians I'd say its pretty much equal. Why is this? Does anyone agree with this?

EDIT: just making it clear again that this is just MY opinion. I am in no way stating "Asian girls are better looking than Asian guys" as a fact. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is purely subjective, in your view the women are more attractive than the men.
Depends on taste. I personally find mixed race/black women generally more attractive than Caucasian women. Each to their own and whatnot. Ho hum.
Attraction is subjective. Personally I'm attracted to any woman that fancies me, affection is the biggest turn on for me. :smile:

But yeah, I sort of understand what you mean, but I think these are more cultural differences than something you can pin race onto. Something about women in South Asia must motivate your/our western understanding of attraction, in a way that the men do not.
Reply 4
Original post by Historophilia
This is purely subjective, in your view the women are more attractive than the men.

which is why I said 'IMO'.
Reply 5
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Attraction is subjective. Personally I'm attracted to any woman that fancies me, affection is the biggest turn on for me. :smile:

But yeah, I sort of understand what you mean, but I think these are more cultural differences than something you can pin race onto. Something about women in South Asia must motivate your/our western understanding of attraction, in a way that the men do not.

How would cultural differences affect this? Do you its because women of South and East Asia fit the western ideals of beauty more than the men?
Original post by CastleRose47
How would cultural differences affect this? Do you its because women of South and East Asia fit the western ideals of beauty more than the men?

Spot on, very well put.
Reply 7
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Spot on, very well put.

why thank you sir :tongue:
Reply 8

Interesting point, but I'm not sure if it entirely follows. If we consider a woman from that region's facial features (say China, for example), they bear more similarity to black people - flatter rounded nose, high cheekbones, flatter face, almond-shaped eyes, thicker lips etc. I'm half black & half white, but as a small child, because of my straight hair, people often thought I was Chinese.
Reply 9
as everyone has said its very subjective and everyman to their own.
i must say though some indian women daymnnn!
Reply 10
Its true Ive noticed that too! but maybe its becuase generally ladys take better care of their bodies ect...
Reply 11
I kinda get your logic but i have always thought women are always better looking regardless of race. The same could theory could also be said of white people. Women apply make up that can make them look a lot better than they are. Like for white men, there are small number of men that can get all the girls but most white women would not struggle to get a date. Whereas I know a lot of white guys who would do anything just to get a girl.
Like for south asian and far east, men and women would have the same genetic makeup for facial feature eg nose size, lip size and eye shape but women can mask them better. But unless your talking about the two strong male qualities such as height and penis size. Then I would think south asian and far eastern women edge it as they do not need to worry about these attributes.
Reply 12
Good thinking..g.gif
(edited 12 years ago)
For example IMO South Asian (Indian, Pakistani etc) girls and East Asian girls are waaay more attractive than their male counterparts. Like...yes ofcourse there are attractive guys of that race too but they're a lot more rare. With Caucasians I'd say its pretty much equal. Why is this? Does anyone agree with this?

EDIT: just making it clear again that this is just MY opinion. I am in no way stating "Asian girls are better looking than Asian guys" as a fact. :smile:

Yes I think that too. Maybe because the men tend not to look very masculine.
The appearance of men and women from the same races tend to be similar. I.e. in some areas of the world, both men and women are tall, short, generally petite, dark-skinned, light-skinned, have certain features etc.
The Western ideal of today tend to favour tall men, yet not consider height so important for females. Which means that in certain countries where everybody are short, the women will be 'more attractive' than the men. Just one example.
It's a matter of personal opinion also. I don't personally find the women from the countries you mentioned that attractive. Also, they tend to have more body hair in certain countries which I find okay for men (with certain limitations), yet not for females. There are some girls at my school with some serious monobrows...
Reply 15
Original post by Aconcernedparent
The appearance of men and women from the same races tend to be similar. I.e. in some areas of the world, both men and women are tall, short, generally petite, dark-skinned, light-skinned, have certain features etc.
The Western ideal of today tend to favour tall men, yet not consider height so important for females. Which means that in certain countries where everybody are short, the women will be 'more attractive' than the men. Just one example.
It's a matter of personal opinion also. I don't personally find the women from the countries you mentioned that attractive. Also, they tend to have more body hair in certain countries which I find okay for men (with certain limitations), yet not for females. There are some girls at my school with some serious monobrows...

You don't find Chinese girls that attractive? I don't think they have any body hair issues. lol
Reply 16
Surely the only way of coming to this conclusion is to be a bisexual who is equally attracted to males and females?
Because god shows favouritism.
You don't find Chinese girls that attractive? I don't think they have any body hair issues. lol

Was referring to South Asian, obviously.
I find Chinese girls alright-looking, but never beautiful. There is that rare exception of Lucy Liu appearance, but all over, they never stand out. For men, it's usually something you're really into or not.
A true beauty, IMO, is someone like Charlize Theron or Natalie Portman.
Don't south and east asian people tend to be shorter than westerners? Maybe that could explain it. (given than being short is almost universally an unattractive quality in men, but not so for women)

Latest

Trending

Trending