The Student Room Group

Orthoptics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hi,
Has anybody applied for NHS bursary yet and are there any other bursaries or grants I'm able to get aside from student loans and the NHS?
Reply 141
Original post by frances98
I haven't had any ucas emails from them

Frances can you please pm me urgently? Your inbox is full
Anyone know how flexible Sheffield are for orthoptics grade requirements? It's BBB, but are they likely to go down by a grade?
Original post by Cakey_101
Anyone know how flexible Sheffield are for orthoptics grade requirements? It's BBB, but are they likely to go down by a grade?

We can't really say, because atm Sheffield seems to be quite popular, it just depends on how many other people meet the grades
Reply 144
Original post by EducatedFH
We can't really say, because atm Sheffield seems to be quite popular, it just depends on how many other people meet the grades

I know that Liverpool said that there is some flexibility providing you put them as your first choice but don't know about Sheffield
Thank you for your reply!
I also wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the accommodation. I remember the students saying one of the accommodations was the quite part and the other wasn't- does anyone know which is the quite area please?

Thanks!
Reply 146
Yeah Ranmoor is the smaller, quieter one and Endcliffe is the bigger one! I applied for Ranmoor but it's all self catered so if you're wanting catered you have to go to Endcliffe! :smile:
Ah okay thank you!
I might pick Ranmoor too! Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Original post by shazy97
Yeah Ranmoor is the smaller, quieter one and Endcliffe is the bigger one! I applied for Ranmoor but it's all self catered so if you're wanting catered you have to go to Endcliffe! :smile:
Reply 148
Yeah, I've applied for Ranmoor but you don't find out if you've got it until after results!
Did you pick a mixed or all girls? and I'm dreading results day!

Original post by shazy97
Yeah, I've applied for Ranmoor but you don't find out if you've got it until after results!
Reply 150
Original post by Cakey_101
Did you pick a mixed or all girls? and I'm dreading results day!

I picked all girls! Aw I know me too, it's a bit scary! I'm not ready for exams either! :/
Same! Im not sure whether to put that I want to be with people from my course or not, i guess it wouldn't really matter too much!

Original post by shazy97
I picked all girls! Aw I know me too, it's a bit scary! I'm not ready for exams either! :/
Reply 152
Yeah I think I picked not, to make more friends cause the course is quite small anyway!
Reply 153
Hi if anyone here has an offer from Sheffield and wants added to a fb chat, let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if the Orthoptics course is still free under the NHS next year?
Reply 155
At my interview they said that the funding was all changing and it definitely wouldn't be free next year, but they were hoping that you wouldn't have to pay the full £9000!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shazy97
At my interview they said that the funding was all changing and it definitely wouldn't be free next year, but they were hoping that you wouldn't have to pay the full £9000!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay! thanks for the reply! I'm hoping its not too much in case i don't meet the grades this year and apply next year! :frown:
Anyone sent the occupational heath form for Sheffield?
Reply 158
Hello, I was wondering if any of you new Liverpool Orthoptics students need any books or orthoptic equipment? I dropped out of the course last year so no longer need them. Let me know if any of you are interested.
Guys, I have my firm as Orthoptics at Glasgow for BBB. My predicted grades were A*,A,C in English L, biology and chemistry but I really messed up my A-Levels and think I'll get ACC at most with CC in both sciences, do you think they will lower their grades and let me in, especially since the course has gone into clearing as well so clearly they have places left.

Quick Reply

Latest