The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweetheartbreakin
Advice please?

Spoiler

She will probably be concerned, but I doubt she would have to break confidentiality over it, unless you said you were going to od on it, in which case, she probably would.
Original post by superwolf
Ah but I doubt I'll get any withdrawal symptoms, as they're not even doing anything! :biggrin:

I know I really should go get them, I've even paid for them already. But bed is so warm and comfy... :puppyeyes:

I've had withdrawal symptoms from drugs which weren't doing anything.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Original post by Sabertooth
I've had withdrawal symptoms from drugs which weren't doing anything.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Ok I'll go. But I won't like it. :hmpf: *grumble grumble*
Reply 143
Well the other patients seem nice enough at least
Reply 144
Original post by Nut.
Well the other patients seem nice enough at least

Probably means you're the annoying one then :tongue:

(I jest, I promise. I'm glad to know they seem bearable).
Reply 145
ZZzzzzzzzz
Reply 146
Original post by Idle
ZZzzzzzzzz

Love and hugs from a fellow inpatient :hugs:

Fml I keep walking the wrong way to my room. It isn't even that complicated, it's basically just one bendy corridor.

The lighter thing they have on the wall outside only lights half a cigarette at a time. :colonhash: #thirdworldproblems
Original post by Nut.
Ok, letting everyone know- I'm being hospitalised. waiting for them to find me a bed. tol flatmates, got a very nice hug off one of them, packed up.

:cry2: always hoped it wouldn't come to this. oh well.

Thanks for all the support and shizz. should still be allowed my phone so probably be able to stay on contact and everything.

Hope you will be ok, and manage to get out all better soon :hugs:

Original post by kka25
How are you doing? :smile:

Hmm, not bad thanks, yourself?

Original post by laut_biru
I didnae want surprise humping! :tongue:

She loved it really :tongue:

There's no hypocrisy, I laugh openly at the memory. :mmm:

Can anyone persuade me why I should go pick up my antidepressants? I don't think I bothered taking them at all yesterday... :s-smilie:

As I said before, you already paid for them. Don't waste or I will come and do nasty things to you, such as sing the duck/monopoly song or tickle you!
Reply 148
Original post by rmhumphries

She loved it really :tongue:

Why are you talking to me in the 3rd person? I think you're brokeded. :tongue:
Original post by laut_biru
Why are you talking to me in the 3rd person? I think you're brokeded. :tongue:

If I quoted kka and said she loved it really, he might not know what I meant. So I quoted you, and then talked about your quote :tongue:
Feeling really terrible lately. I've never been on medication as I'm really against the idea but I'm starting to wonder if it's the only answer. Sure, I have happy times, but there's been an underlying "sadness" for the past 6 years. I have no motivation to study and am falling behind majorly. I have no direction in life, nothing really makes me happy. The only things that do provide a very short-lived feeling, as I'm not good enough at any of these things to pursue any sort of profession. Feel very lost. I can't stand who I am or the way I look, which makes me miserable, which makes me hate myself more. *Sigh*
Bloody hell it is horrible out there. Medication retrieved, now I just have to persuade myself it's still worth taking the damn things. :rolleyes:
Original post by rmhumphries
Whats up?

You should get some sleep - you might feel a little better tomorrow.

yeah, had way too much to drink last night :erm: made a prat of myself no doubt as well

oh well, okay now, spoke to girl I like and think that's all okay now too so is good, turns out she is just busy but wasnt sure what to say and stuff cause apparently am first person she has gone out with, but we talked for a lot earlier and watched a film though so think should be okay

ear still crap though, and I feel a bit hungover, yeah, not drinking that heavily again, was not smart at all
Report is submitted. Terrible, but submitted. Now to enjoy the freedom of doing nothing productive.
Original post by SciFiBoy
yeah, had way too much to drink last night :erm: made a prat of myself no doubt as well

oh well, okay now, spoke to girl I like and think that's all okay now too so is good, turns out she is just busy but wasnt sure what to say and stuff cause apparently am first person she has gone out with, but we talked for a lot earlier and watched a film though so think should be okay

ear still crap though, and I feel a bit hungover, yeah, not drinking that heavily again, was not smart at all

Glad to see things are looking up :smile:
bye/

Are you ok? :hugs:
Original post by Nut.
right, i'm off now.

still be able to get on tsr on my phone and stuff but this is bye bye temporarily to a fast internet connection that won't crash every 20mins.
so byebye

and :hugs: to all

Good luck :hugs:

:console: Hope you get some rest.
Original post by LittleRed
Feeling really terrible lately. I've never been on medication as I'm really against the idea but I'm starting to wonder if it's the only answer. Sure, I have happy times, but there's been an underlying "sadness" for the past 6 years. I have no motivation to study and am falling behind majorly. I have no direction in life, nothing really makes me happy. The only things that do provide a very short-lived feeling, as I'm not good enough at any of these things to pursue any sort of profession. Feel very lost. I can't stand who I am or the way I look, which makes me miserable, which makes me hate myself more. *Sigh*

Sorry you are feeling so low. :console:
I think anything that can help is worth trying.
Original post by misst911
**** just re read the requirements, everything I've done today was for the wrong thing, I have to start from the beginning. erfrbagbvabrivfdjhvfbjhbdfv

:console: That must be so annoying. You made such a good effort to get half way through it. Could you explain about your mistake, maybe they would give you a little more time?

Original post by isawsparks89
I already don't pick up work that contributes to degree, I'm way too scared but also too ambivalent now, I've pretty much failed.

People have been iffy with me. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not. I got back from class and posted that and was crying for about 5 hours though, I feel like ****e.

:console: Have you seen those people today?

Bloody hell it is horrible out there. Medication retrieved, now I just have to persuade myself it's still worth taking the damn things. :rolleyes:

Well done! Now take them or I'm going to go wolf hunting. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Let me know how it all goes? I'm sure it'll be fine :hugs:

I really wish my mum would stop offering me random days off school. Since she has found out the true extent of things she's basically letting me do anything I want. I really don't want to go in but I know I should really. Not sure what to do.

Hmm well if you have a really bad day then maybe it would help to take up her offer, as long as it doesn't become too regular. :hugs:

The man was nice, but it's just kind of made things more real now. He said he was going to contact my advisor and school to see how they can support me I guess. I'm just feeling very nervous about my advisor finding out. He will probably wonder why I haven't come to him. I guess I was just hoping things would magically get better without other people having to find out. I know it's kind of stupid but I'm getting nervous just thinking about his reaction.
The guy want me to come back and see him in two weeks, talk to my gp about maybe increasing the dose and see the learning enhancement team to help with a plan to catch up. They are around Monday so will see them then. Think he said my lecturers need to know aswell, don't know why it scares me so much.
Suddenly have so much work I'm suppose to do for next week aswell, thought I could do this when I was feeling better over christmas, but really not sure now.
Sorry that was a bit long.

That's good news! :hugs:
Original post by misst911
Report is submitted. Terrible, but submitted. Now to enjoy the freedom of doing nothing productive.

Well done, at least it's over with now. :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous

Well done, at least it's over with now. :hugs:

Yay, time to focus on being miserable and having no friends :happy2:
Reply 158
:mad: When I saw the Disability Service in September, I was told that there was nothing they could do for me until I had a diagnosis. So I went away, have waited months and months (seeing a psychiatrist next week) and sat exams. I have (or maybe have, or don't have) Asperger's Syndrome, and I have trouble with noise and things. I still had to do my exams in a big hall and stuff.

Today, I was at the Disability and Mental Wellbeing action group meeting, where I found out that actually, they could have made arrangements. Not as many as if I'd had a diagnosis, but apparently, if you're still waiting for assesment, there are things that can be done.

Was nice of them to mention this :frown:
Reply 159
wow gone from no sleep at all to almost18 hours a day. even my body clocks dying. I could really do with a hug :frown: on ye olde plus side, i am done with exams for the entirety of uni. huzzah.

Latest