The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Geography 2012 Applicants Thread

Hi Everyone,

Just thought it would be worth starting a thread for those applying for Geography. I have applied for Geography alongside Economics and Geography at UCL.

Would be good to hear from others applying and if you have heard anything!

Harry xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

I've applied for:

Oxford (St Catz) - Geography
UCL - Econ+Geog
Bath - Econ+Internarion Development
Durham - Econ+Geog
Manchester - Development Studies and Economics

So far had offers from Bath and Manchester, do you know when UCL start offers/rejections?

x
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by graceyk
Hey,

I've applied for:

Oxford (St Catz) - Geography
UCL - Econ+Geog
Bath - Econ+Internarion Development
Durham - Econ+Geog
Manchester - Development Studies and Economics

So far had offers from Bath and Manchester, do you know when UCL start offers/rejections?

x

No idea! Have you heard from St Catz? I am applying there too! X
Reply 3
Original post by harrymaxwell
No idea! Have you heard from St Catz? I am applying there too! X

No, only the acknowledgment!
I'm thinking it must be end of this week or so since geog interviews are some of the first, hopefully anyway!

And yeah, we've got a couple the same :smile: I loved St Catz was so easy to choose x
Hi Everyone,

Just thought it would be worth starting a thread for those applying for Geography. I have applied for Geography alongside Economics and Geography at UCL.

Would be good to hear from others applying and if you have heard anything!

Harry xx

I'm at UCL reading Econ and Geog (I also got an offer for LSE's Geog with Econ course). Hit me up if you've got any questions :smile:

Looking at your choices....Oxford, UCL and LSE, nice to see people applying confidently! Though I'd never consider that - doing either straight Econ or straight Geography would be too boring for me
Reply 5
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I'm at UCL reading Econ and Geog (I also got an offer for LSE's Geog with Econ course). Hit me up if you've got any questions :smile:

Looking at your choices....Oxford, UCL and LSE, nice to see people applying confidently! Though I'd never consider that - doing either straight Econ or straight Geography would be too boring for me

Hey, yeah the only straight Geography course that appealed to me at all was Oxford to be honest :smile:

When did you hear from UCL out of interest, because they're the one I'm waiting for!
Thanks x
I'm currently studying Geography at UCL as well (F800, BSc). Any questions, gimme a shout (probably best by PM as I don't want to upset the namby pamby GeogEcon or BA Geographers :wink: )
Original post by graceyk
Hey, yeah the only straight Geography course that appealed to me at all was Oxford to be honest :smile:

When did you hear from UCL out of interest, because they're the one I'm waiting for!
Thanks x

I got an invitation for the selection day just before Christmas (I didn't actually receive it however, but that's a tale for another time haha).

But if you're still waiting for a reply jan/feb time, send an email to the geography dept (NOT to the faculty staff as I did), to one of the administrators.
Reply 8
Apparently lots of other applicants have had a questionnaire, but they're for other courses. Have any of you had one?
Reply 9
Apparently lots of other applicants have had a questionnaire, but they're for other courses. Have any of you had one?

No, only had the acknowledgment from UCL and nothing else, although I know loads who've had questionnaires, but again from other departments

Anyone know what they think about deferring your place? Because I'm through to final round of Deloitte scholars scheme so would have to take a year out if I was to get it.. x
Reply 10

Are you actually 'harry maxwell' :rolleyes:

Also, applying for L700 geography, haven't heard anything at all :frown: no questionaire or anythinggggggggg :frown:

I didnt get a questionnaires last year for F800 Geography, dont think anyone did.
I'm applying for F800 (Bsc), ucas was sent 10th Nov, I expect to wait until after xmas. Very worried as due to illness I was only able to do 3 AS's. Got nearly top marks in all, but I wonder how much its going to hinder or me, or if they wont even consider me ?
Reply 13
Original post by Heinz the German
I'm currently studying Geography at UCL as well (F800, BSc). Any questions, gimme a shout (probably best by PM as I don't want to upset the namby pamby GeogEcon or BA Geographers :wink: )

When did you hear from UCL?
Reply 14

Reply 15

Also, the decision by Morrison's about LaPopcorn was horrendous.

Your team should have won tbh.

And, come at me bro.
Reply 17
I got an invitation for the selection day just before Christmas (I didn't actually receive it however, but that's a tale for another time haha).

But if you're still waiting for a reply jan/feb time, send an email to the geography dept (NOT to the faculty staff as I did), to one of the administrators.

This will make me sound SO annoying, but do you remember how close to Christmas? And that story sounds interesting!! haha
This will make me sound SO annoying, but do you remember how close to Christmas? And that story sounds interesting!! haha

I think around the 21st/22nd December. Pretty stupid on their part considering how messed up the Royal Mail gets over Christmas
Reply 19
I think around the 21st/22nd December. Pretty stupid on their part considering how messed up the Royal Mail gets over Christmas

Did you not get an email?

Quick Reply

Latest