The Student Room Group

Manchester - Medicine (European Studies)

Hey,

I really like the Manchester course as it is the only course which would allow me to study both french and medicine. However, the information on it is pretty limited and I wonder if someone could give me a bit more info?

Also, what is the year out like and with this degree would it ever be possible to work as a doctor in France?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Lricketts

Also, what is the year out like and with this degree would it ever be possible to work as a doctor in France?

Cheers :smile:

There isn't a "year out" - you spend 4 months of final year in whatever country you are the learning the language of.

You can work in France with any EU medical degree - you just need to be able to speak french.
Reply 2
I haven't done French at A-Level but I did it at GCSE and got A* and Mum speaks fluent French so could definitely help me improve over the summer. Do you think it would be possible to apply for the European studies option if I don't have French A-level?
Original post by Mero8
I haven't done French at A-Level but I did it at GCSE and got A* and Mum speaks fluent French so could definitely help me improve over the summer. Do you think it would be possible to apply for the European studies option if I don't have French A-level?

I was told at offer holder day that yes you can, but like everyone else applying you need to sit a test for the language to assess your suitability :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending