The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by PuppHunter
All twelve PP applications submitted yesterday. Over 5000 applications on the system now - and apparently the vast majority are submitted in the last few days. I wouldn't be surprised if there were over 10,000 this year.

Remember, thats 10,000 divided by 12 (assuming everyone made 12). So not too hideous..... ahem
is anyone else finding that when they print their OLPAS forms, lines have been cut out of answers? (particularly in the Work Experience section). this system is such a joke, as if we need the added stress of tech errors on top of everything else.
Original post by third time lucky
is anyone else finding that when they print their OLPAS forms, lines have been cut out of answers? (particularly in the Work Experience section). this system is such a joke, as if we need the added stress of tech errors on top of everything else.

Ok, Chambers will see the PDF version so crisis averted.
Original post by Wildman
But, if last year is anything to go by, Chambers' pdf version may not contain the answers to the pupillage questionnaire section.

I'll take this as support for my view that the online system is rubbish and merely makes the horrendous experience of looking for pupillage that bit more horrendous!
P.S. how are the submissions going for everyone?
Reply 445
I don't know if this has just happened in the last hour or so but Deans Court chambers are now not recruiting.
Original post by Alexr115
I don't know if this has just happened in the last hour or so but Deans Court chambers are now not recruiting.

I just rang the pupillage portal and Deans Court themselves- apparently they pulled out of the system 2 hours ago and they're not recruiting at all.

Gutted :frown:
Reply 447
Original post by Little_Amy
I just rang the pupillage portal and Deans Court themselves- apparently they pulled out of the system 2 hours ago and they're not recruiting at all.

Gutted :frown:

Have you applied there?

Candidates who have already applied for Deans Court will have their application to Deans Court cancelled to allow a replacement chambers to be applied to. Candidates in this situation will be sent an e-mail confirming when this has been done
Reply 448
I applied to Deans Court and just received an email saying I could make another application to somewhere else.

Pulling out this close, doesn't fill you with confidence in the hunt for pupillage...
Reply 449
Original post by littlewig
I applied to Deans Court and just received an email saying I could make another application to somewhere else.

Pulling out this close, doesn't fill you with confidence in the hunt for pupillage...

Makes you wonder why they pulled out this close.
Makes you wonder why they pulled out this close.

I can only presume they realised they didn't have the funds for it?

I'm v keen to practice on the Northern Circuit but very few chambers are advertising pupillage this year- it's such a shame and unfortunately a sign of the times, I suspect. I doubt things will improve next year either if/when the Legal Aid Bill goes through...
Reply 451

I'm v keen to practice on the Northern Circuit but very few chambers are advertising pupillage this year- it's such a shame and unfortunately a sign of the times, I suspect. I doubt things will improve next year either if/when the Legal Aid Bill goes through...

There's still a good number of chambers on the Northern Circuit. There's a few on the North Eastern circuit if you can live in Leeds, I think there are 3 chambers recruiting.
Reply 452
I just submitted my 12th application through PP. Does anyone know when chambers start replying?
Is anyone having troubles with the word count on the 1KBW form? It keeps cutting me off at 130 words when I'm meant to have 150 words.
Original post by zara82
I just submitted my 12th application through PP. Does anyone know when chambers start replying?

so very jealous. only four down, eight more (maybe seven) to go!
I remember it was at least 2-3 weeks before I had heard back from Chambers last year (rejected, rejected, rejected...)
Last minute applications tonight guys! Lets power through!

Sent off my OLPAS ones now doing the non-OLPAS forms (only doing a couple but still will take a while... :frown:)

Hi Little_Amy - I agree with your comments - I was surprised to see several chambers on the Northern Circuit, particularly those in Manchester, not taking part in this year's pupillage season.

It was good to see that 9 St John Street is offering 3/4 pupillages, however, I was hoping to see St Johns Buildings on the Portal after their recent expansion - perhaps they may appear later in the year?

Bad news about Deans Court - I hope those who applied manage to find an alternative application.
Reply 457
That is enough for me now. submitted 7 out of 12 apps, it would have been 8 if Deans Court Chambers had not pulled out.

I've sent one non-olpas form off but there about 4 others non-olpas ones that I am going to apply to. However the deadlines aren't that imminent so I'm taking a few days off!
Is anyone having troubles with the word count on the 1KBW form? It keeps cutting me off at 130 words when I'm meant to have 150 words.

I can't even open the bloody thing! Downloaded the new Adobe reader too! Which version have you got? May have to download an older version or just forget about it this year :frown:

EDIT: nevermind have managed to get it, will let you know if I have any other problems too!
(edited 11 years ago)
That is enough for me now. submitted 7 out of 12 apps, it would have been 8 if Deans Court Chambers had not pulled out.

I've sent one non-olpas form off but there about 4 others non-olpas ones that I am going to apply to. However the deadlines aren't that imminent so I'm taking a few days off!

Why not fill the remaining 5 slots?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending