The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Conzy210
Slaughter and May TC offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats!!!!
Original post by Tommassio
Has anyone heard back from CC, Brabners or DWF following 30th June deadline?

No still waiting, but I know DWF have today sent out offers to people from internal applications/vac schemes, so I assume they were dealing with that first and then with direct TC applications
Original post by Conzy210
Slaughter and May TC offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! When did you apply? (or did you get it via the vac scheme?)
Reply 603
'Please indicate any specific questions you would like answered at the interview.' - is this an optional type of question [such as when they ask if you want to add additional info] or is it something I am expected to fill out?
Original post by np2807
'Please indicate any specific questions you would like answered at the interview.' - is this an optional type of question [such as when they ask if you want to add additional info] or is it something I am expected to fill out?

I'd imagine that technically it is optional, but I'd try to think of a question or two to put in to show specific interest in the firm
Has anyone heard from BDB or Goodman Derrick?
Original post by LukeIsIt
Hi just wondered whether you both have heard from CMS yet? I am also still to hear. Not sure whether that's a good thing or not!

Hi,

I still haven't heard back from CMS either.. Please let me know when you do hear back, as I am starting to get anxious since the deadline was back in April..
Original post by legalme
congrats!!!!

Original post by thebadboy761
Congrats! When did you apply? (or did you get it via the vac scheme?)

Thank you. It was offered post vac scheme.
Original post by EvelyRose
Has anyone heard from BDB or Goodman Derrick?

I haven't heard anything from GD yet either !
Original post by legalme
I haven't heard anything from GD yet either !

Thanks for your reply :smile: Hoping we will hear soon.
Anyone heard from BWB after last week's assessment, or from Lewis Silkin after the email last week about shortlisting by today?
Reply 611
Original post by everhopeful1
Anyone heard from BWB after last week's assessment, or from Lewis Silkin after the email last week about shortlisting by today?

not heard anything from Lewis Silkin either, still got my fingers crossed seeing as the email about shortlisting was sent quite late in the evening :K:
I just received an email from Lewis Silkin inviting me to the pre-assessment day.
Not sure if anyone here will know, but hopefully someone might have an idea. What is the term for when a law firm basically makes a formal proposal to a client to work on a matter? Would it be just a proposal or pitch, or is there an industry specific term I'm missing here?

(Did something that featured in this on my vac scheme and want to mention it on TC app, so just trying to make sure I've not got the wrong word or anything.)

Thanks.
Original post by Endless Blue
Not sure if anyone here will know, but hopefully someone might have an idea. What is the term for when a law firm basically makes a formal proposal to a client to work on a matter? Would it be just a proposal or pitch, or is there an industry specific term I'm missing here?

(Did something that featured in this on my vac scheme and want to mention it on TC app, so just trying to make sure I've not got the wrong word or anything.)

Thanks.

Client pitch exercise
Another question..

Do the two following words in these sentences require capital letters, or not?

"I have recently completed my second year at X as a law student.."

"I would like to be considered for a training contract at..."

I'm fairly certain that law would not require a capital L there. However, I'm not sure if it should be Training Contract, since it might be regarded as a job title?

Thanks
Reply 616
Original post by Reyanp23
Hi, has anyone any advice for Eversheds TC video interview? Thanks and willing to help in return with other firms such as Pinsent Masons and Baker and McKenzie

What questions did they ask? if you don't mind me asking
Has anyone done the pre-selection assessment at Lewis Silkin? A bit concerned about the numerical test given the last time I did any maths was GCSE, is it difficult?
Reply 618
Anyone heard from DWF?
Rejection from Slaughters and CC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending