The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody have any decent shotgun load outs? I want to mix things up a bit from the typical AR/Sniper classes I normally use.
Reply 1201
Striker
Range
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
Steady Aim

:biggrin:
Original post by Drunk Punx
That's what claymores are for brah :wink:

I need to play you on MW2 at some point, I've had you on my friends list for aaages.

1 claymore doesnt stop a team. Ninja defuses do though. :awesome:

Next time were both on we'll have to play some.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1203
https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/group/view/36304

Took the liberty to make a TSR COD ELITE group....join up :biggrin:
Reply 1204
Original post by kuks

Why not just TSR?
Reply 1205
Original post by uxa595
Why not just TSR?

Needed to be more than 4 characters :colonhash:
Original post by kuks
Striker
Range
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
Steady Aim

:biggrin:

Damage is far better than range. I just got it recently and it destroys. Nearly got gold on my striker now :smile:
Reply 1207
Original post by FlamingIceCube
Damage is far better than range. I just got it recently and it destroys. Nearly got gold on my striker now :smile:

Dude I love you. I was debating whether range would be better than damage and couldn't decide but I don't know anyone else that loves shotguns like I do.
I'm finding MW3 quite boring now.
Reply 1209
Original post by Jin3011

Original post by Jin3011
I'm finding MW3 quite boring now.

Ditto.

The maps aren't open enough for me and way too campy. I had the same complaints of MW2 when it came out, but at least MW2's maps had open areas and long lines of sight. I can't really say the same of this. I think I could honestly say that some Treyarch maps are much better and that is saying something since Treyarch maps are well and truly, ****.

That and I seem completely incapable of maintaining a ratio of 3 and that alone makes the game less enjoyable... it really shouldn't, but it does :iiam:

It's not like other IW games where I can find enjoyment, even in the face of faults. I don't really enjoy it.

However, I do enjoy this on CoD Elite:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

This is true. Range made little to no difference when I used it, but damage can make all the difference between a 1 or 2 shot kill and a 2 or 3 shot kill.
Original post by Tabris
Ditto.

The maps aren't open enough for me and way too campy. I had the same complaints of MW2 when it came out, but at least MW2's maps had open areas and long lines of sight. I can't really say the same of this. I think I could honestly say that some Treyarch maps are much better and that is saying something since Treyarch maps are well and truly, ****.

That and I seem completely incapable of maintaining a ratio of 3 and that alone makes the game less enjoyable... it really shouldn't, but it does :iiam:

It's not like other IW games where I can find enjoyment, even in the face of faults. I don't really enjoy it.

Amen!
Original post by kuks

What exactly does the whole "elite" thing entail? I haven't actually looked it up yet.
Finished the campaign today. It was short but I enjoyed it, which is rare for FPS games. :redface: I thought I read somewhere that you were supposed to get a prestige token for finishing the campaign and for Spec Ops but that's turned out to be false.

Also got my 10th MOAB. :biggrin: And I got it without camping at all lol.

Original post by Drunk Punx
What exactly does the whole "elite" thing entail? I haven't actually looked it up yet.

It's mainly to look at stats and stuff but there's also competitions and groups and that kind of thing.
Original post by AugustWestie
Finished the campaign today. It was short but I enjoyed it, which is rare for FPS games. :redface: I thought I read somewhere that you were supposed to get a prestige token for finishing the campaign and for Spec Ops but that's turned out to be false.

Do you soundwhore with a headset? You seem to always know when I'm coming round the corner. Anyway, at least I managed to win a FFA match against you :biggrin:. The FAD is a bit of beast on medium-long range maps. I guess you weren't in try-hard mode in that match?
Reply 1215

Which gamemode did you get your MOAB's in?
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
Do you soundwhore with a headset? You seem to always know when I'm coming round the corner. Anyway, at least I managed to win a FFA match against you :biggrin:. The FAD is a bit of beast on medium-long range maps. I guess you weren't in try-hard mode in that match?

You beat me twice, if I recall correctly. :tongue: The match that you are talking about I was having a go with the sniper (not using that as an excuse by any means :tongue:). The other I was just playing quite badly.

Edit: Yes, I do try to soundwhore. :tongue: Not that easy in this game, to be honest. Fallen is a good map to do it on though since there isn't a lot of background noise.

Original post by skeanos
Which gamemode did you get your MOAB's in?

All in Free-for-all.
(edited 12 years ago)
This is true. Range made little to no difference when I used it, but damage can make all the difference between a 1 or 2 shot kill and a 2 or 3 shot kill.

This is very true. I'm definitely using a prestige token to keep the striker when I prestige. Does anyone know whether you get to keep the gun through all the prestiges or just one?
This is very true. I'm definitely using a prestige token to keep the striker when I prestige. Does anyone know whether you get to keep the gun through all the prestiges or just one?

All prestiges.

Quick Reply

Latest