The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Hey , I'm a 6th year student and I want to do Nursing in college if I get the points ? Can any current Nursing students tell me a bit about the course ? Also , are there many males on the course ? I went to a Nursing presentation a few months and I was the only fella there ! :P Not that it would put me off just curious ? Thanks :smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
just got my letter to day, interview on 7th March realy nervous now :L :biggrin:
[QUOTE="davy121;36486731"]
Original post by X_weebutton_X

hi adult was my 1st choice !:woo: i get very nervous at interviews

awh very good! so do i :frown:
Reply 2963
Original post by Kiddd2012
Hey , I'm a 6th year student and I want to do Nursing in college if I get the points ? Can any current Nursing students tell me a bit about the course ? Also , are there many males on the course ? I went to a Nursing presentation a few months and I was the only fella there ! :P Not that it would put me off just curious ? Thanks :smile:

In the exact same boat myself in sixth year in Dublin. And I'm the same as yourself dont really mind about the ratio of male:female way I look at it is more choice for us less for them on nursing nights out ha. But does anyone have a rough idea of how many males there were in previous years?

Cheers
(edited 12 years ago)
well done nicoleio on ur interview. The weekend is fast approaching an im getting nervous! ahhh
Reply 2965
Original post by Tyronenew
It looks as though the ward will be full.........should we book our beds now???

We can book them beside each other and be jibbering wrecks together!
ok the joy has moved aside and the panic has set in :frown:

this may sound like a stupid question but on my letter it says BSc (Hons) Nursing, is that just general nursing yea? :confused:

how did people find their interviews? any help would be brilliant x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laureng55
ok the joy has moved aside and the panic has set in :frown:
how did people find their interviews? any help would be brilliant x

When is your interview laureng55? Invest in a bottle of Rescue Remedy you can buy it in Boots Chemist. Seriously it works a treat. You will definitely feel a lot calmer. I'll say a prayer for you not that you will need it x
Hey guys, I got my letter today, my interview is for the 14th of march! Hope you all get your letters soon, good luck everyone! :smile:
Original post by BAC93
In the exact same boat myself in sixth year in Dublin. And I'm the same as yourself dont really mind about the ratio of male:female way I look at it is more choice for us less for them on nursing nights out ha. But does anyone have a rough idea of how many males there were in previous years?

Cheers

Cool :smile: Did you get your interview ?
Original post by SuperNewYorkGirl
Hey guys, I got my letter today, my interview is for the 14th of march! Hope you all get your letters soon, good luck everyone! :smile:

SuperNewYorkGirl Its states on the letter I was sent that the Venue where my interview takes place is The Registry Office at the Biology Medical Centre. Is yours at the same venue.......Just thought id ask x
Reply 2971
Got my letter today 27th march!! Whoo hoo!!
Original post by Lilo27

Well done. I still have heard nothing. I am a mature student application and have been out of formal education for a number of years and am beginning to think mine is going to be a decline.

Do you mind me asking what letter your surname starts with?
Original post by skint flint
SuperNewYorkGirl Its states on the letter I was sent that the Venue where my interview takes place is The Registry Office at the Biology Medical Centre. Is yours at the same venue.......Just thought id ask x

Yes that's where mine is also, my last one was on the Malone road but it is easier to park I this one I think! What branch did u apply for skintight flint?
Xox
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2974
Original post by Tyronenew
Well done. I still have heard nothing. I am a mature student application and have been out of formal education for a number of years and am beginning to think mine is going to be a decline.

Do you mind me asking what letter your surname starts with?

Hi tyronenew! I'm a mature student too :smile: my surname begins with M. The applications are sent out in batches. So if your say H an there is a batch sent out A-H and your not in it you could be in the next A-H if that makes sense?? Letters are still being sent out so don't worry! Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by Lilo27

Hey I was just passing by and saw ur comment I also have a interview for the 27th march..what was your first choice for nursing?
Reply 2976
Original post by Clarabell :-)
Hey I was just passing by and saw ur comment I also have a interview for the 27th march..what was your first choice for nursing?

Mine is mental health what's yours?
Original post by SuperNewYorkGirl
Yes that's where mine is also, my last one was on the Malone road but it is easier to park I this one I think! What branch did u apply for skintight flint?
Xox

Adult Nursing and you? x
Reply 2978
good luck to anyone with interviews tomro :smile: mine is on weds!
good luck all for interviews this week! youll all knock their socks off im sure! I am September '11 guys and the ratio isnt too bad of men to women, in my branch out of 30 there are 10 lads, little outnumbered but they all get on - proper little bromances going on. Overall Id say out of 300 odd in the Common Foundation theres around 50 spread over the 4 branches...hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest