The Student Room Group

Going to lose my virginity this week: ADVICE?

I am 20 and I am ready to have sex. I'm quite scared (just of the pain and the intrusion) but otherwise prepared emotionally and mentally ready.

What advice can anyone offer me? Or give me some insight on their first time?

I think it will be later on in the week (Friday or Saturday) so I have time to make arrangements.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I take paracetamol before, will that help?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If I take paracetamol before, will that help?

I don't think that's going to have much of an effect but I could be wrong :s-smilie:
Definitely avoid aspirin though!
Reply 3
I am 20 and I am ready to have sex. I'm quite scared (just of the pain and the intrusion) but otherwise prepared emotionally and mentally ready.

I think it will be later on in the week (Friday or Saturday) so I have time to make arrangements.

It's not painful unless you make it painful, just use some lubricant and don't rush into it, take your time.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
use appropriate contraception and protection
Don't expect it to be good. Because it will most likely be the worst time you ever have sex. Try and relax and remember afterwards it can only (and will) get better.
Reply 6
Original post by *Dreaming*
Don't expect it to be good. Because it will most likely be the worst time you ever have sex. Try and relax and remember afterwards it can only (and will) get better.

Good point, I'm afraid! Doesn't mean it won't be good, just probably won't be as mindblowing as people often make sex out to be :smile:
Lube.
Reply 8
Original post by Midnight-Sky-Blue
LOTS OF FOREPLAY! Make sure you're completely relaxed and only then, let it go in. Make sure that the guy is being slow and gentle and if it hurts, stop for a moment and then continue when it's better.

I doesn't hurt THAT much for most people, so don't worry about it. If it doesn't work, try again another day or something. Just don't rush it and you'll be fine :smile:

Okay this was my plan. Everyone says 'relax' which I think i will but it's hard not to! I hate insertions/intrusion but I give blood every few months and get through that despite hating needles and feeling horrible when it happens no matter how many times I've done it so I feel confident that I can bear through it but I doubt I will honestly be relaxed. I'm so scared.

Original post by Palatial Veranda
Cue the defloration timer . . .

eggtimer.gif

5 Days 7 Hours 11 Minutes 07 Seconds

Enjoy

Oh no, there has been a technical hitch and we have to postpone it for perhaps a week+ (he has had to go out of town due to a family thing). This is making me nervous! I want it over with. ahhhh
Make sure you've got a plan.

Bloke I knew didn't have a plan, went in too quick, broke his knob in half!
Don't do it! Wait until marriage! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11

Okay this was my plan. Everyone says 'relax' which I think i will but it's hard not to! I hate insertions/intrusion but I give blood every few months and get through that despite hating needles and feeling horrible when it happens no matter how many times I've done it so I feel confident that I can bear through it but I doubt I will honestly be relaxed. I'm so scared.

Oh no, there has been a technical hitch and we have to postpone it for perhaps a week+ (he has had to go out of town due to a family thing). This is making me nervous! I want it over with. ahhhh

These two quotes make it seem like you are not ready at all. It's not something to rush into, and want 'over with'
Reply 12
Original post by Kage
These two quotes make it seem like you are not ready at all. It's not something to rush into, and want 'over with'

I agree =/ also the fact you're planning it and anticipating it weeks in advance is probably not helping!! My first time was so easy and fun because I didn't know it was going to happen, I'd been with my partner for a few months and it just felt right, there was no stress of anxiety.
Reply 13
Have 2 glasses of wine to relax.(If you are a light weight 1-1and a half).OP tbh you seem like you just want to lose it for the sakeof it.

Use lube and lots of foreplay, that should make it pretty pain free. DON'T take aspirin or ibuprofen, take paracetamol if you gotta but I dunno what difference it will make.
If you've never put anything up there before [tampons, fingers] I would advise doing so, partly so you know where it's sposed to go, partly because this might make it actually pain-free. If you already use tampons, I don't think sex will hurt you much.
Also, try stuff on yourself so you know what you want.

Finally - don't worry too much! Hardly anyone's first time is perfect but after that you'll be on your way!
Reply 15
Original post by iamsuperwoman
Don't do it! Wait until marriage! :smile:

She wasn't asking advice on whether or not to do it, so what right do you have to hand it out? She's 20 for god's sake, she's made up her mind.
Reply 16
Lots of awesome advice around here, good luck :smile:
Reply 17
You definately have to have a plan, and so does he.

Bloke i knew didnt have a plan, and started shoving his ting in her ear!
Original post by chocolate buttons
Make sure you've got a plan.

Bloke I knew didn't have a plan, went in too quick, broke his knob in half!

Legend:wink:

Original post by abc:)
She wasn't asking advice on whether or not to do it, so what right do you have to hand it out? She's 20 for god's sake, she's made up her mind.

Oh shut up, free country I will post what I like! Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest