The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

I didn't notice much parking around the tannery, what happens on moving day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by University of Leeds
Leodis is also oversubscribed - although not to the extent of Central Village. Probably the only close en suite residences that aren't oversubscribed are Sentinel and The Tannery. But of course, now I've said this in a public forum, that may change.
I'm really sorry - there is no way to guarantee that you get your preferred accommodation if what you want is what most people want. I wish there was.
There is, however, a huge number of private halls in Leeds which are close to campus and en suite - that might be an option for you? You would need to decide before you accepted a contract in university accommodation though; we can't release you from a contract once you've accepted it.

Hi I was wondering when we find out which accommodation we have allocated?
Original post by tracijune
I didn't notice much parking around the tannery, what happens on moving day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chaos.

Original post by Jadoreidior
Hi I was wondering when we find out which accommodation we have allocated?

We should get an offer between the 19th of August (today) to the 9th of September.
Reply 403
Been offered North Hill court, really gutted as had my heart set on Henry Price
I got Devonshire hall, anyone else?
I still haven't been offered accommodation yet but I really want Henry Price although this sounds like it's unlikely to happen now
Original post by leonabonye
I got Devonshire hall, anyone else?

I did too , is that where you wanted ? i got given the coach house
I got Central Village. Is it really that oversubscribed?
Original post by Najika
Been offered North Hill court, really gutted as had my heart set on Henry Price

Mind me asking what flat and room? I'm at North Hill Court! It was my first choice, though, so sorry you didn't get Henry Price D:
Just got offered a room in Leodis Residences, which was my first choice, so no complaints! :smile:
Original post by DWTDevil
Just got offered a room in Leodis Residences, which was my first choice, so no complaints! :smile:

I really want to get accommodation there too
how did the university contact you and tell you this?
I applied for my accommodation ages ago, is there anything else i need to do now that i have my place,
Original post by Jheeeeez
how did the university contact you and tell you this?
I applied for my accommodation ages ago, is there anything else i need to do now that i have my place,

This wait is so stressful, worst thing is that it can take up to a few weeks:/
Got Liberty Dock, applied for Henry Price though. Not too annoyed tbh, its just a bit of a walk but I don't mind that much
Got offered accommodation at Leodis but, despite it being my chosen accommodation, I got offered a room in Block A which after doing some extensive research has got some quite nasty reviews. It is the only block in Leodis which has no lift, it doesn't look very appealing from the outside and I have no idea what it's like inside. So I'm not sure whether to accept it or perhaps swap rooms with someone else or look for private accommodation.
Is anyone else here in the same boat?:frown:
Original post by DWTDevil

Which block did you get offered?
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Which block did you get offered?

Block B.
Reply 417
Original post by TheTakers
Mind me asking what flat and room? I'm at North Hill Court! It was my first choice, though, so sorry you didn't get Henry Price D:

Hey there! Flat 8 room 4 I think, haha thank you, I'm just worried because its about a 34 mins walk away from my main building (according to google) and can't imagine that being much fun in the rain!
How about you? What room are you in? Did you go to the viewing day? (Sorry for all the questions!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Najika
Hey there! Flat 8 room 4 I think, haha thank you, I'm just worried because its about a 34 mins walk away from my main building (according to google) and can't imagine that being much fun in the rain!
How about you? What room are you in? Did you go to the viewing day? (Sorry for all the questions!)

Flat 7, room 1 (though you may already know because you posted in the thread I made xD). I know that there's a £1 bus that can take you to uni which I know I'm using in bad weather. Otherwise, I'm either cycling or walking! I'm personally used to walking about that much as my school bustop was quite far away, plus it'll be a lot less tedious when we all settle in and make friends and what not.

I didn't go to any viewing day, unfortunately! I was pretty confident from the start that I was going to want to go to NHC because of the atmosphere, the reviews, and the cheap, nice rooms! I went to an open day and visited one of the accommodation closer to campus and the room was so small and so extortionately priced!

Looking forward to meeting you in September! :smile:
Reply 419
Original post by TheTakers
Flat 7, room 1 (though you may already know because you posted in the thread I made xD). I know that there's a £1 bus that can take you to uni which I know I'm using in bad weather. Otherwise, I'm either cycling or walking! I'm personally used to walking about that much as my school bustop was quite far away, plus it'll be a lot less tedious when we all settle in and make friends and what not.

I didn't go to any viewing day, unfortunately! I was pretty confident from the start that I was going to want to go to NHC because of the atmosphere, the reviews, and the cheap, nice rooms! I went to an open day and visited one of the accommodation closer to campus and the room was so small and so extortionately priced!

Looking forward to meeting you in September! :smile:

Conversations over two threads -oops ahaha, thank you for the tips! Think I might even try rollerblading O.o Same! See you then!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest