UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Foundation in Art and Design 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K.U
Hi
Im a Japanese student applying to CSM foundation graphic design pathway. and I have submitted my portfolio on the 13th of March.(one month ago) but I don't get any response from Central saint martins yet so little bit worry about that...
Does anyone know how long does it take to get response from the school for non EU student?
This is my portfolio.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskwcRYMD

I'm not sure sorry. I know an international student last year got his offer in late summer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Kindontom
Hahahahaha and UK wby

Posted from TSR Mobile

international
Didn't get accepted to csm, so I'll be going to regents university instead but I talked to a girl from my school who left and went to csm about 5 years ago and she's now working for topshop and designed their new luggage range which gets released at somepoint this month so I would definitely take the offer of a place up if you have one because csm is such a well known place and she said she got offers from every single degree course that she applied to so if say it's definitely worth doing whatever you guys choose I hope you all enjoy and might see you out and about in London next year! :smile:)
Original post by annafloyd
it does thanks! I'm doing Diagnostic course so I think that's mostly at Kings Cross right? did you live in halls or at home?

at the beginning yes, but you'll be sorted into a specific pathway after the first part of the course, so I think you'll be having lessons in both KX and Archway. (but i heard that PDP and fashion people are based in KX most of the time)
Reply 484
Hey everyone! If you haven't already join the 2016 FB chat group here! Over 250 people from UAL chatting in there :smile:

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/896581877086492/
Original post by leafsay
I had my portfolio review in February and got a conditional offer for the 2016/17 foundation course :smile:
The conditions are one A-Level pass and successful completion of the summer orientation to art design which I'll be starting this July :biggrin:

Is there anyone else who is doing the orientation or knows anything about it?

I'm an international student still awaiting a response from CSM for foundation. They haven't looked at my portfolio on flickr yet so I guess I could make some adjustments. Since you got a conditional offer, could you see whether my portfolio is good enough?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139296564@N05/sets/72157665458261960
Sorry for not answering your question. I just really want to be in your shoes right now.
Hi everyone,
Please join fb group Central Saint Martins 2016-2017: Foundation If you got in :smile:
Reply 487
Hi guys
I need some help. Im having serious confusion so I applied for the fashion textiles pathway and I got an conditional offer which is to have 1 GCE and 3 GCSEs and I do not hold any full A levels or level 3 qualifications cause I could not complete my studies so I emailed csm and they obviously said I would be rejected if I dont have the required qualifications. But I was going through UAL fees page and saw that anyone aged 19-23 studying their FIRST FULL LEVEL 3 QUALIFICATION do no need to pay fees (this fees were for 15/16 but might stay the same for 16/17) so does that mean I can study foundation if I dont have any alevels even when the course entry requires you to have one? Anyone can help me on this one? I hope this all made sense.
Reply 488
Got a place on the Diagnostic mode would be interested in seeing other peoples work. I've just started up Instagram and have posted some of my paintings @grace__paints
Reply 489
Would love to see some other people's work - I've been offered a place on diagnostic route but mainly focused on sculpture for the whole of Alevel so am excited on trialling out new techniques/materials. Some work is on my Instagram and I also have a Dropbox link to my online portfolio - only has my AS stuff on it so far.

See you all in September!
Hi I've just finished the fashion and textiles foundation at csm, progressing onto csm BA knitwear. Classes this year were quite big (25-30 students in one small room) sometimes it was a struggle to find space to work (especially in archway), but everyone got used to it and it became the least of our worries. A bigger class does mean that you get less attention from the tutors than perhaps other foundation courses. The solution: it's a good idea to be proactive and go and ask them for advice straight away at the start of the day, then they will see you first, other wise they will go around the room for roughly 10 mins per person to have a relaxed individual chat. That's usually how it all worked out this year. There is really only one particular tutor: Sophie Gorton who really goes out of her way to help you and she helped me find myself as a 'designer' so I have to credit her. We were only in 3 days a week and the rest we worked from home, so you'll have to get used to working independently. There will be high competition between you for the internal interviews you guys will get for the BA, especially if the classes are bigger - but generally speaking - if you're determined to to get onto BA at csm - you chances are higher if you do the foundation here. Most of us got a place. So so glad I got to experience this year, I've had a great time. I was totally in the dark about everything before I applied to csm, so I hope this helps X
This was so helpful thank you!!! Where did you live? How were halls?
I was accepted to Central Saint Martins for foundation in art and design, but it says in parentheses in my acceptance letter that I'm in the diagnostic pathway. I'm from America, so I have no idea what the difference is between foundation and diagnostic foundation. Anyone know?
Reply 493
Original post by mmmariselas
I was accepted to Central Saint Martins for foundation in art and design, but it says in parentheses in my acceptance letter that I'm in the diagnostic pathway. I'm from America, so I have no idea what the difference is between foundation and diagnostic foundation. Anyone know?

Hey! Diagnostic is just a pathway - it means your foundation if broken up into 4 different subject areas: fine art, 3D design, graphic design and fashion/textiles.

I'm on diagnostic too! Name's Mark😜
Reply 494
hi everybody, im back!
sorry I haven't been around, but ive been stressing over exams :eek3: but, i did get a place on the diagnostic pathway! see ya all in september! :biggrin:

by the way, has anyone here been considering a flat/houseshare? with the lack of loans for foundation i couldn't afford any of the ual accommodation options, so im looking for some other csm students to rent a place with. please let me know if any of you are interested!
Hi everyone, next month I move to London and I would like to get to Foundation (fashion/textiles) in next year, could you write me few tips about portfolio etc.? I would like to do short courses between Sep and Dec. , I think about portfolio preparation for foundation - fashion and textile, could you write me something about that course ? Good choice?
Hi, for everyone that's on the course in September, I've been accepted onto the fashion and textiles pathway- does anybody know if there is anything we have to do before we go, like any sketchbooks or specific exhibitions we have to go and see? Just a bit worried that I'll get there and everyone will have done all this work I didn't know about :/
I'm gonna apply 2017/2018 :-) there's anyone here from italy that is intended to apply to foundation ?
Original post by miakia
Hi guys! Thought I would start this thread to see who else is applying to the CSM Foundation for this year :biggrin:

Hi, I'm applying too! For the diagnostic art and design foundation :smile:
Reply 499
Original post by miakia
Hi guys! Thought I would start this thread to see who else is applying to the CSM Foundation for this year :biggrin:

I want to apply to foundation year in csm diagnostic mode next year right now I am taking IB and I wanted to ask if anyone knows what class requirements and grades are expected to qualify for the foundation course. (How many HL's do I need to take? is it fine if I only take one?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending