The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Unit 5 Bio exam discussion (31 Jan 2012)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
does any1 have any set of Q&A for the scientific article from their tutors or anything? rep if u post em :smile:
Reply 21
YES PLEASE post the set of Q&A, they are highly needed. thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 22
Agreed, thks in advance
Reply 23
[QUOTE="Jabbo12;35771299"]does any1 have any set of Q&A for the scientific article from their tutors or anything? rep if u post em :smile:[/QUOTE

DO you have the questions and answers !!!
Reply 24
[QUOTE="dush_2;35844204"]
Original post by Jabbo12
does any1 have any set of Q&A for the scientific article from their tutors or anything? rep if u post em :smile:[/QUOTE

DO you have the questions and answers !!!

No...i wouldnt ask then would I?...
Reply 25
[QUOTE="Jabbo12;35850862"]
Original post by dush_2

No...i wouldnt ask then would I?...

ok then sorry !!
Reply 26
Any updates? Anyone?
Reply 27
lol guys ill ask my sir today and ill try to bring them up to u guys :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by aym3n
lol guys ill ask my sir today and ill try to bring them up to u guys :smile:

thnx :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Jabbo12

no problem..ill make sure i get them by today that is if my sir doesnt ditch me again today :tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by Jabbo12

so here is the deal... i discussed the article today wit my sir and well he said that u guys can google a bit about each topic because there isnt anything in the article that could be related with AS or even unit 4....its all unit 5 stuff except for the drug testing experiment....so yeah google just to increase your knowledge about some stuff but dont get into deep explanations... so yeah and also he said he was going to mail me some stuff...so if he does ill make sure to post it here :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by aym3n
so here is the deal... i discussed the article today wit my sir and well he said that u guys can google a bit about each topic because there isnt anything in the article that could be related with AS or even unit 4....its all unit 5 stuff except for the drug testing experiment....so yeah google just to increase your knowledge about some stuff but dont get into deep explanations... so yeah and also he said he was going to mail me some stuff...so if he does ill make sure to post it here :smile:

Hey, I just realised my lecturer said the same thing too.. umm...guess I was daydreaming in class then :s-smilie:
Reply 32
Original post by leogirl1992
Hey, I just realised my lecturer said the same thing too.. umm...guess I was daydreaming in class then :s-smilie:

hahaha dont worry that is a normal mutual activity in bio class :tongue:
Reply 33
so...... any update:cool:
any updates ...im soo unprepared for this
Reply 35
anyone has got any questions? wouldn't say I am good in this sub but I will try my best to answer :smile: a bit bored here , heheh :smile:
Reply 36
Any quick short notes? PLEASE?
Reply 37
Original post by khz
Any quick short notes? PLEASE?

on what topics ?
Reply 38
questions:
ethical issues of DBS?
why/how does parkinsons cause tremors and involuntary movement?
list shortcomings of levedopa and drug-telated treartment?
advantages of DBS over other treatments?
describe and explain side effects of DBS?
Explain ( in short detail) how DBS works to traet brain disorders?
Explain why DBS can be used to treat a multitude of disorders?

Check yr textbooks/guide bks ask yr teachers etc abt these qs. Try to get the best possible answers. Then we'll post and discuss them here.

Anything aym3n?

Please post any notes you have on parkinson's, dopamine,blood brain barrier and all that stuff or any important relevant things that you know abt this stuff.

I've searched and found some notes that a based on the specification, for both topic 8 and 7 as this thread as for the whole of unit 5. Warning, do not study from these notes alone, as specification is more like a checklist. Study the textbook and rev guide really well though.

Note: I had to download a pdf splitter just to upload these so PLEASE upload whatever you have thx.:biggrin:

Good luck all!!!!! A*s for everyone!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 39
Here's a website to familiarise yourself withe DBS.
http://www.edheads.org/activities/brain_stimulation/
Adice form my teacher: Read the artilce many times over till you know it like the back of yr hand. You won't have time to look for things in the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending