The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy
Private investigator? They exist outside of the 1920s?

OMG I WANT TO BE A PI WITH A FEDORA AND A SASSY RECEPTIONIST.

Somehow I don't think there are grad schemes for those :beard:

Sadly, as much as I would like it to be the case, PIs are not like film noir in real life. You can actually get qualifications in professional investigating, I think, but it's not very glamourous.

As for police detectives, you have to spend at least two years in uniform first, and somehow I don't really see you in that role :laugh:
Reply 1201
Original post by Jace Falco
Sadly, as much as I would like it to be the case, PIs are not like film noir in real life. You can actually get qualifications in professional investigating, I think, but it's not very glamourous.

As for police detectives, you have to spend at least two years in uniform first, and somehow I don't really see you in that role :laugh:

Yeah I assumed as much.

And I could so be a uniform :colonhash: But I'd probably not be very good on account of using said uniform to flirt with guys :colone:

Oh actually no I would be terrible, I forgot that they tend to have to run sometimes, and that's not something I do.

I mean I probably wouldn't run for my life even.
Original post by fretter778
Me and the boyfriend just broke up, but in such a way that we were both still smiling and laughing together. I guess that's the best way of breaking up!

Ditto!!! :h:

Original post by fretter778
It was an LDR anyway. I'm just useless at posting here! :tongue:

DITTO!!! :eek:
We live parallel lives.

Original post by Crisps
An iPhone app is actually in progress. There's a reason why an Android app was released first, but I can't remember the reason why.

Ah, I see. I didn't know if there was even an Android app, but I should try it as I use an Android phone now. :tongue:

Original post by dbmag9

See previous page. :p:
:woo:

Gotcha! :h:
Interesting campaign video :smile:

Just found my choreographer on Grindr :eek:

Also, I think until I have lost some more weight, dating is definitely on a hold. I really want to do this for myself :smile:
Original post by cpdavis

Also, I think until I have lost some more weight, dating is definitely on a hold. I really want to do this for myself :smile:

I understand you want to lose the weight so you feel better, but don't put dating on a hold. People should go beyond looks and enjoy being with you as a result of your personality. For those who don't, well, you should value yourself as being more than them.
Original post by paddy
Private investigator? They exist outside of the 1920s?

OMG I WANT TO BE A PI WITH A FEDORA AND A SASSY RECEPTIONIST.

Somehow I don't think there are grad schemes for those :beard:

If you like, you can be my sassy receptionist. I am already a qualified private detective based on my extensive knowledge of Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham and Dorothy L. Sayers. Plus, I've already got the trench coat. :wink:
Reply 1207
Original post by cpdavis

Why? I like a guy with some cushion for the pushin' :teeth:

Original post by Ars Ludicra
If you like, you can be my sassy receptionist. I am already a qualified private detective based on my extensive knowledge of Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham and Dorothy L. Sayers. Plus, I've already got the trench coat. :wink:

Bitch please, I have 3 trench coats, including a red Burberry one :fyi:

But being sassy is definitely a job description I can handle :pierre:
Original post by thurin
Worst Hindi lip syncing I've ever seen.

LOL and you would know because..........
Original post by Gesar
Yes.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Original post by cpdavis
This is how and the misses envisioned your wedding :yep:

That is one sad wedding! :frown: My wedding better not be like that!
Reply 1211
Original post by anshul95
LOL and you would know because..........

Because he has seen some videos of Hindi women lip-syncing, and that was the least convincing one he has seen.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I understand you want to lose the weight so you feel better, but don't put dating on a hold. People should go beyond looks and enjoy being with you as a result of your personality. For those who don't, well, you should value yourself as being more than them.

this
Just woken up and decided to have some pasta mum made. I couldn't eat it all as there is so much oil :eek: I never thought I would say that ...
Original post by cpdavis
Just woken up and decided to have some pasta mum made. I couldn't eat it all as there is so much oil :eek: I never thought I would say that ...

try having samosa. They can be incredibly oily. Or have dahl - the way punjabis have it.

But regarding the post you made earlier, I am with other people on this. You shouldn't feel the need to stop dating. They should see you for the fun, loving and honest Craig we all know you are :biggrin:
Original post by Liam_G
Because he has seen some videos of Hindi women lip-syncing, and that was the least convincing one he has seen.

Not knowing the language means doesn't really help me to agree with him. Though for older movies like that, occasionally the frames are out of touch (shoddy indian work right there :tongue: )
Reply 1216
This thread has almost as much pos as it has neg :erm:
Reply 1217
Blimey. Just read something in my local paper saying that Rentokil are using a new pesticide infused with chilli powder to deter birds. Apparently it sticks to their feet to give them a 'shock' the next time they tuck their feet up to their genitals. I never realised Rentokil were so kinky :mmm:
Reply 1218
Original post by Crisps
Blimey. Just read something in my local paper saying that Rentokil are using a new pesticide infused with chilli powder to deter birds. Apparently it sticks to their feet to give them a 'shock' the next time they tuck their feet up to their genitals. I never realised Rentokil were so kinky :mmm:

:awesome:

Hahaha. That's inventive.
If Glee were up to me it would be just Jonathan Groff making out with Darren Criss and singing my favorite songs. :yep:

Unfortunately, it isn't :dontknow:

Latest