The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by thurin
I'm not saying that you should definitely accept one of your other offers and just take what you can get. I know it'll be difficult with your financial and parental situation, but reapplying or going through clearing are options. Or reapplying while you're at uni - you'll get tuition and maintenance loans even for the additional year. Don't let your age put you off, if that's one of your concerns. No one will care at uni. No one that matters, in any case.

On the other hand, you may end up loving wherever you go, and possibilities and interests may manifest in ways you hadn't previously imagined. You can't have your heart set on a definite path, because it may just not happen. You might even find a better one.

I'm just parroting what Craig said (:parrot:) but he's right. Lots of people initially get disappointed with their university placements, but go on to make something out of it.

Noooo. Of course you want to do History. Everyone wants to do history, secretly. And furtively. That's why I do a joint-honours degrees, so I can do History on the side. History's sexy.

What other degrees would you consider? Or, is there something you might like outside of a university degree?

Actually replying properly. I still have no idea what I am going to do. One of the three offers is impossible due to cost, and the others just hold no appeal. I don't particularly like the course content, not to mention the fact that I don't think I want to study History anymore.

I don't have my heart set on a definite path - the last few years have made me realise that nothing that you want ever happens. Transferring or reapplying are the only options, other than staying wherever I might end up out of the two. Both paths will set me back yet again. I'm wondering whether it's really worth it anymore.

I don't know what other degree interests me, I have a vague idea regarding interests but it is pretty much impossible to get onto a degree where I have no experience. There are no alternatives outside of university, sadly.
Original post by Feartheunknown
I don't want it to end!! And there's only 4 episodes until the season finale!!! Are you up to speed with the American episodes or the UK ones?!

OMG desperate housewives is getting closer to the end! Its going to be a dramatic ending for sure!
I don't want it to end!! And there's only 4 episodes until the season finale!!! Are you up to speed with the American episodes or the UK ones?!

US definetely :smile: I'm just grateful they're not going to ruin it with a movie :smile:
Original post by anshul95
OMG desperate housewives is getting closer to the end! Its going to be a dramatic ending for sure!

Two characters who are CONFIRMED to be appearing in the final episode are;

Spoiler

, but more surprisingly (older fans of the show would love this)

Spoiler

The news the first character is coming back makes me think that either

Spoiler

OR more likely that

Spoiler

Bombay Sapphire for £14 in Tesco :awesome:

on the subject of Desperate Housewives, I've been floating in and out of watching it since it started. Considering buying the inevitable complete boxed set when it comes out, just so I can actually find out what happened in all the plot points I missed.
Original post by seanfromtheblock
Bombay Sapphire for £14 in Tesco :awesome:

on the subject of Desperate Housewives, I've been floating in and out of watching it since it started. Considering buying the inevitable complete boxed set when it comes out, just so I can actually find out what happened in all the plot points I missed.

I'm a MEGA fan, but it doesn't matter if you miss half of season 7 - the second half was MUCH better that season though. If I have to rank the best (IMO) seasons they are:

1) Season 1, 2) Season 4, 3) Season 8, 4) Season 2, 5) Season 3, 6) Season 5, 7) Season 6, 8) Season 7
Reply 1266
Just found out that my boyfriend has sucked someone off without my permission. Heinous punishment ideas needed please :evil:
Anyone bought a copy of the Sun today? Their 'Big Story' is about Jessie J 'being a lesbian' (I don't think this is true though) and Simon Cowell denying the rumours again. Seriously don't newspapers have bigger stories to be reporting on such as the crisis in Syria? I guess it's trying to make a big deal of it again :/
Reply 1268
How do people afford laptops and other gadgetry at university?! I do not understand.
Original post by anshul95

I think it was Eva who said in an interview that Marc Cherry knew how it was going to end from day 1! Apparently Dana Delany is coming back.. she is amazing (and HOT! - even though I'm gay but wth) so can't wait for that. I've been watching her on Body of Proof :tongue: she's an amazing actress!
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
US definetely :smile: I'm just grateful they're not going to ruin it with a movie :smile:

I sure as hell hope not! I didn't want to see who is in the last episode! Although it'll probably all over the net by the time I see it... just like what happened to Mike's character! Stupid Nicollette Sheridan court case gave away his characters storyline!!!:angry:
I think it was Eva who said in an interview that Marc Cherry knew how it was going to end from day 1! Apparently Dana Delany is coming back.. she is amazing (and HOT! - even though I'm gay but wth) so can't wait for that. I've been watching her on Body of Proof :tongue: she's an amazing actress!

I LOVE Body of Proof - Only seen 1st episode episode of Season 2, keeping the rest on Sky Box to watch over the summer when I come home from university. I was also thrilled to learn Nicholas Bishop was in it - he played detective Peter Baker in Home & Away between 2004 and 2008 - so I knew him too.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I LOVE Body of Proof - Only seen 1st episode episode of Season 2, keeping the rest on Sky Box to watch over the summer when I come home from university. I was also thrilled to learn Nicholas Bishop was in it - he played detective Peter Baker in Home & Away between 2004 and 2008 - so I knew him too.

OMG I'm doing the same thing!!!! I've seen all of season 1 but I'm saving season 2 for the summer! bring on summerr
OMG I'm doing the same thing!!!! I've seen all of season 1 but I'm saving season 2 for the summer! bring on summerr

I have my Vampire Diaries to finish off at uni, so whilst I wait for Body of Proof, I'll have something to keep me going :P I'm only halfway through season 1 and not seen a new ep in a while. Was on episode 12 of 22, need to see the rest at some point, THEN watch seasons 2 & 3. I'm a TV-holic by the way in case you haven't guessed :P Though I've defo cut back on reality now; just Geordie Shore and The Voice for me these days :smile:
Reply 1274
So... my exams are tomorrow. Eek. So not prepared. I'm fine for one poem. One. If that poem even comes up :emo:

Original post by Lacus
x

Little I can really add to that but :console:

Original post by Lacus
How do people afford laptops and other gadgetry at university?! I do not understand.

1) Grants and/or 2) Poor priorities or 3) They're lying when they say they're not well off.
Reply 1275
Original post by thurin
So... my exams are tomorrow. Eek. So not prepared. I'm fine for one poem. One. If that poem even comes up :emo:

Little I can really add to that but :console:

1) Grants and/or 2) Poor priorities or 3) They're lying when they say they're not well off.

I hate exam season. Even when I'm not taking them.

Just got a lot of thinking to do I suppose. It's all I ever seem to do.

:unimpressed:
Reply 1276
How is it evening already? Ugh.

Original post by thurin

I assume you have important quotes from that poem and interesting things to say about each part? If you don't get the right poem, just select five bits from the poem you're given that look vaguely similar to quotes from the one you know, and then apply the exact same commentary. Simples!
Original post by Lacus

I managed to get a laptop and Photoshop out of my 3rd year loan. Admittedly I was so busy with my dissertation the rest of the time, my social life budget was £0. I also didn't buy much food..."I don't have time to eat dinner! I have 6 graphs to extrapolate!!!".
Reply 1278
Original post by Terpsikhore
I managed to get a laptop and Photoshop out of my 3rd year loan. Admittedly I was so busy with my dissertation the rest of the time, my social life budget was £0. I also didn't buy much food..."I don't have time to eat dinner! I have 6 graphs to extrapolate!!!".

Is it unthinkable for someone not to have a laptop or a computer? Or even a phone :ashamed2:
Reply 1279
Original post by Lacus
Is it unthinkable for someone not to have a laptop or a computer? Or even a phone :ashamed2:

You have a computer and phone now, I imagine?

Latest