The Student Room Group

TSR dating?

I just wondered if there's any kind of TSR dating service on this site? I mean I'm sure there's lots of us who are single and this is a kinda cool place to meet like minded people who arn't gonna be totally weird (necessarily) It's just I have no girls in my life I could date and can't see how I'll be in the position to meet anyone new anytime soon (hate going up to girls in clubs) and just feel kinda lonely I guess. If not though, does anyone know of any dating sites for younger people or that are free and popular?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When females post, go to their profile. If they have pictures and lots of comments from guys, you will likely encounter fierce competition. You then have to think up a witty intro post to gain an initial interest and from there you slowly build up a rapport with said female, making all other males who were once in your position mad jealous.

Then you show them your picture and get rejected, but it's worth a shot. :borat:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I met my girlfriend on here if that helps. She randomly PMd me saying she lived in the same city, we went for coffee and it went from there. That was five months ago and I still think she's brilliant :smile:
Reply 3
but yeah they should incorporate some sort of search engine for looking for single people in a certain age range by location - myspace used to have that i recall
Original post by Clez
I met my girlfriend on here if that helps. She randomly PMd me saying she lived in the same city, we went for coffee and it went from there. That was five months ago and I still think she's brilliant :smile:

This is brilliant! I love a good old romantic story - tell me more!
Reply 5
Original post by Clez

That's awesome, nice one. I just can't be bothered to go through girls' profiles to see if they live near me only for them to have a boyfriend or whatever lol! Was just hoping there was a sticky or something for single people but I guess not!
Reply 6
We are not, and have never been a dating service. But there are plenty of people who have got into relationships via TSR, and there have even been a few TSR marriages and TSR babies!
Reply 7
Original post by Helenia
We are not, and have never been a dating service. But there are plenty of people who have got into relationships via TSR, and there have even been a few TSR marriages and TSR babies!

But would it hurt to have a sticky for single people under the relationships area?! Seems silly not to!
Reply 8
Original post by scaredofexams

It was so weird because i was literally the first person she spoke to on tsr - she'd only had the account for ten minutes and hadnt made any posts - i thought it was a hoax! She said she found me from a post in the Liverpool forums which Id very nearly not made on accommodation and Id only just come out of my last relationship. She said she lived nearby etc so we went to starbucks and what turned into meeting for just one day turned into 2 days, then 3 days, then 4,5,6... i think i saw her every day for about 2 weeks. We couldnt let each other go and it was like love at first sight....been the same ever since. Pretty weird it all came from TSR :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by scaredofexams

I'd always wanted the airlines to do this. When booking your seat online, there should be notes by each seat saying "Single 21 years old from manchester, Likes and dislikes"
A Little matchmaking in the air, especially on long haul flights of 10 hours or more :smile:
There's the odd attempt at a dating initiative but I don't think it works very well. This is a forum and I feel it's not really the sort of thing that should be used deliberately as a dating service - there are plenty of actual online dating services for that. People do meet up, and I had a relationship of over a year with someone I originally met on TSR, but it's usually the sort of thing that develops organically. If you're actively seeking a partner, this probably isn't the best place, as people haven't created profiles here because they're looking for partners. You'll notice that the wall of any woman with a half-decent profile picture is full of messages from men trying to make something happen. The user 'hasan4life' is a pretty good template for how not to behave.
TSR dating would be like shopping in the damaged goods isle.
Reply 12
Original post by tinman1
But would it hurt to have a sticky for single people under the relationships area?! Seems silly not to!

No, because we're not a dating site, nor do we actively encourage users to meet strangers off the internet offline. Of course, we know that plenty of members are adults and able to make their own decisions about this, but we don't want to officially promote it.
Original post by Clez

Apart from when you're slagging each other down in public on the forum and each making threads complaining about the other one :redface:

On topic, I don't think TSR would really work as a dating website...
(edited 11 years ago)
All things considered, it's a bad idea.
Original post by sophisticated
Apart from when you're slagging each other down in public on the forum and each making threads complaining about the other one :redface:

I hope you're his girlfriend :teehee:
Original post by Drunk Punx
I hope you're his girlfriend :teehee:

Nope, no way. But this girl is...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2015713
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
TSR dating would be like shopping in the damaged goods isle.

You mean it's cheaper? YES!
Original post by sophisticated

Oh that's unfortunate! :lol:
Reply 19
Original post by Helenia
No, because we're not a dating site, nor do we actively encourage users to meet strangers off the internet offline. Of course, we know that plenty of members are adults and able to make their own decisions about this, but we don't want to officially promote it.

couldnt you have an 18+ area where it was offered, with such advice/warnings on hand?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending