The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ameze_:)
:biggrin: & now Manchester!!!!!!!!!! :banana2::2euk48l::clap2: I feel like im on a roll wohoooo!!!!!!!!!!

Woop I got Durham; you heard anything?
Original post by Ice_Queen
Tell me what it is you need help with and I'll try.

I got locked out and had to stay at my parents' over the weekend - I missed my one-on-one tutorial :mad:

TBH I don't really know what I'm doing for most of it though I know I should be doing some sort of t-tests half the time. I'm just using scatter plots and hoping for the best. The whole project is basically about a sector with 60+ companies and asking me to see if the larger the company the larger the EPS/divident/etc. I've messed up this semester for everything (I'll pass but not well) so I've just kinda giving up caring now.

One on one tutorials sound horrible. I was the first one in my group today to arrive and the awkward small talk made me want to die.
Reply 142
Original post by Zakky
Woop I got Durham; you heard anything?

yep!! last night!! & i got my other offers as well.. sheffield and bham!!! 5 offers :biggrin: whoop whoop!!! whoa this has been a good month!!
(edited 13 years ago)
yep!! last night!! & i got my other offers as well.. sheffield and bham!!! 5 offers :biggrin: whoop whoop!!! whoa this has been a good month!!

Congrats! Do you have an idea of who you're going to put as your firm and insurance yet or are you going to decide later?
Reply 144
Original post by samanthaaaa
Congrats! Do you have an idea of who you're going to put as your firm and insurance yet or are you going to decide later?

Thank you!!!!!! I actually don't know! its mainly b/w southampton, durham and manchester. :biggrin:.. I would love to have other ppl's opinions on them though..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 145
On 16th Nov. ICAP Result, I passed module C (subjects:OBBC, Financial Accounting:IAS-1,2,8,10,12,16,17,18,23,24,36,37,38 & Taxation) I am very thankful to all my friends.Best wishes for every one
Thank you!!!!!! I actually don't know! its mainly b/w southampton, durham and manchester. :biggrin:.. I would love to have other ppl's opinions on them though..

What are the grade requirements?

Original post by Muddasir
On 16th Nov. ICAP Result, I passed module C (subjects:OBBC, Financial Accounting:IAS-1,2,8,10,12,16,17,18,23,24,36,37,38 & Taxation) I am very thankful to all my friends.Best wishes for every one

Well done! :h:
Reply 147
Original post by samanthaaaa
What are the grade requirements?

Well done! :h:

AAB-ABB.. Durham is ABB. I really like all 3 of them and I know I can get above AAB.. i'm just wondering which 1 amongst them is like top of the tops from the opinion of others
AAB-ABB.. Durham is ABB. I really like all 3 of them and I know I can get above AAB.. i'm just wondering which 1 amongst them is like top of the tops from the opinion of others

I'm in the same situation, I think I'm going for Soton or Durham, and rep wise, Durham is definitely better. Also the grades are lower but I'll be visiting the unis to see which one I like more.

But yeah, if you're asking about the top unis, everyone I has spoken to is definitely like wow to Durham
Reply 149
Original post by inspirational912
offer from Sheffield and Surrey so far :smile:
really want bham
lost hope in edin lol

Hey, i just got my first offer from sheffield :woo: - but for AA (i already have a B) :confused: is this normal as their typical offer is ABB.

I quoted you inspirational as im wondering what offer the made you (if you don't mind saying). BTW congrats on your two offers!

Congrats on your 5 offers - btw what did sheffield ask (if you don't mind saying).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ree-Shay<3
Hey, i just got my first offer from sheffield :woo: - but for AA (i already have a B) :confused: is this normal as their typical offer is ABB.

I quoted you inspirational as im wondering what offer the made you (if you don't mind saying). BTW congrats on your two offers!.

congrats on ur offer(s) :smile:

they gave me ABB but even though I am retaking, I have mitigating circumstances from last year, which is probably why they haven't raised their grades for me.
Reply 151
Hey guys I've got a question on how to record the depreciation of an asset.

Is the "Provision for depreciation account" the same thing as the "accumulated depreciation account"?

Thanks.
Reply 152
Original post by inspirational912
congrats on ur offer(s) :smile:

they gave me ABB but even though I am retaking, I have mitigating circumstances from last year, which is probably why they haven't raised their grades for me.

Ok, i was just a bit shocked but i guess, i'll just have to work harder!:tongue:
Original post by Krebs
Hey guys I've got a question on how to record the depreciation of an asset.

Is the "Provision for depreciation account" the same thing as the "accumulated depreciation account"?

Thanks.

Accumulated is the total depreciation on an item, a provision for depreciation is just for the one period (e.g. year).
Reply 154
Accumulated is the total depreciation on an item, a provision for depreciation is just for the one period (e.g. year).

So how would you record the depreciation?

I just credit the accumulated depreciation account and debit the depreciation expense.

I'm not sure where the provision account comes in.
Original post by Krebs
So how would you record the depreciation?

I just credit the accumulated depreciation account and debit the depreciation expense.

I'm not sure where the provision account comes in.

I'd assume that the provision account and the expense account are the same.
Reply 156
I'd assume that the provision account and the expense account are the same.

sorry to keep bothering you - last question.

So do you mean that the provision account is an expense account, which is debited, and shows up on the I/S?
Original post by Krebs
sorry to keep bothering you - last question.

So do you mean that the provision account is an expense account, which is debited, and shows up on the I/S?

I think so :smile: THe problem with accounting is that different people have different names for things :frown:
Reply 158
I think so :smile: THe problem with accounting is that different people have different names for things :frown:

:frown:
Original post by Krebs
:frown:

Indeed.

It's got to the point where a lecturer was teaching certain ratios (that I'd learnt three years previously...) and I e-mailed him to clarify as the ratio I'd been taught was different to the one he was teaching, which was different to the one in the textbook!

He didn't really have much to say - "there is no standard definition" is all I could get out of him!

Quick Reply

Latest