The Student Room Group

The Voice UK

This thread is created because the previous thread relating to the Voice was closed

Please discuss Auditions etc
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So much better than the x factor already :smile:
Reply 2
I really enjoyed it.

The Red head should have gone with Jessie J.
Battle has commenced amongst the Coaches
I thought Samuel was a butch lesbian.

What happens when the Coaches have their Teams????
Reply 3
Original post by Morgsie
I really enjoyed it.

I have no idea :L
I agree that the red headed girl should've gone with Jessie J, their voices are so alike.
I knew he was a lad but thought he looked lesbianish :L
Reply 4
Original post by Morgsie
I really enjoyed it.

battles, where the candidates sing duets
Much preferred it to X Factor, but wish they would hurry up the auditions a bit more :smile:
Reply 6
I meant the rivalry amongst the Coaches has intensified, Battle has commenced
Original post by CharlieNoir
Much preferred it to X Factor, but wish they would hurry up the auditions a bit more :smile:

Same here. I prefer it to the X Factor, but they need to speed up each show a little more so that it has a slighter faster pace.
Loved it!
Which mentor would you guys chose?

I'd pick Will
Reply 10
I thought it was quite boring. :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Original post by Miracle Day

I'd pick Will

Sir Tom Jones for me
Reply 12
I enjoyed it too, and this is coming from someone who cannot bear to watch x factor. The judges just have way more personality, the way they fight and compete (Sir Tom Jones, i sang with Elvis so you should pick me, William, i sang with Michael Jackson, so choose me)and are far more well known than Simon Cowell is in some ways as they are known for their musical ability and talents. Plus, so far non of the auditions have been so unbearably awful.
Reply 13
Original post by Morgsie
I really enjoyed it.

Nah I thought the Red made a good choice because its true what Danny said, she and Jessie would have just been way too similar (not because the Red sang her song but vocally she sang it in the same style only right at the first 5 seconds did she put something different). william will help her stay out of the comfort zone.
Reply 14
Considering I like the script and that genre, id choose danny.
It's a bit slow in places, but I quite like it.
Reply 16
Original post by Miracle Day

I'd pick Will

I'd pick Will as well. He's from quite an urban-gospel background which certainly fits into my preferred genre of music.
Reply 17
Original post by toronto353
Same here. I prefer it to the X Factor, but they need to speed up each show a little more so that it has a slighter faster pace.

They are doing the pace very similar to the US where we hear some backstory, the song and the judges comments, then decision. I like it because in the X factor it was a mixture of really crap singers and some good ones whereas the Voice is generally a good bunch singing.

One thing I hope the coaches do is that they help the singers put their own stamp on a song rather than emulating the entire song with their decent or very good voice.
Reply 18
Oh and lol at the Guardian live blog calling Danny as 'Not Will Young' :tongue:
As much as I do like Will Young, they needed someone like Danny for a more varied panel. Will is more pop and Jessie has that covered.
Reply 19
If it's about singing ability, why is Will.I.Am a judge, when everything he touches turn to autotune? Maybe to prove it's not about looks or image?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending