The Student Room Group

How to get a body like these guys ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It takes years of nutrition and working out....bout 2 years not 3 but 4-5 if you want to be as ripped and huge. Its also a bit down to genetics but most of it is hard work, so if you start now by 2016/17 you should get a body like that
Reply 41
Original post by effofex
you do not need to 'train' for 2 years to look like that.

If you have a naturally high BMI all you need to do is a few press-ups, sit-ups and chin-ups and it is quite easy.

HAHAHAHA. People with high BMI cannot easily do pressups and sit-ups man. I should know. Took me an hour and 15 mins a day for 6 months to get to normal with strong legs. By an Hour i mean an intense speed 12-17 mile bikeride mainly on track.

Don't say it is easy until you have done it yourself, it is mentally and physically challenging and i haven't even worked on my arms or chest and my pressups are awful *22 BMI from 29 BMI, i personally say 29 is fairly high.
Reply 42
Original post by mezzan
It takes years of nutrition and working out....bout 2 years not 3 but 4-5 if you want to be as ripped and huge. Its also a bit down to genetics but most of it is hard work, so if you start now by 2016/17 you should get a body like that

this is wrong, and the moron saying press-ups ans sit-ups is wrong, but im guessing he was trolling.

if you do it properly, should be attainable in 1-2years.

they arent 'huge' and getting 'ripped' to their extent doesnt require hard dieting or that much time really
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by mezzan

2 years? give me a break
Reply 44
Original post by Aisha~~
Took me about a year. Started out at 130lbs (no pics because lol insecure), 6'1. Now at 176lbs. This was at 170 and 12% body fat:

http://i.imgur.com/zOAVT.jpg

Most of these guys are in the 5'11-6'4 range, and 160-190lbs. About 7-12% body fat. Pretty easily obtainable, depending on where you start. You need to tell me where that starting point is if I'm to help you.

6'1 and 130lbs? :lolwut: Seriously that's not cool, bro. I reckon I could get shredded in 6 months and I don't even lift...yet
Reply 45
Original post by Lamps08
6'1 and 130lbs? :lolwut: Seriously that's not cool, bro. I reckon I could get shredded in 6 months and I don't even lift...yet

anyone below 25% bf could get 'shredded' in 6months.

if shredded is what u mean.
Original post by Lamps08

Well duh. Thats why I added on 46lbs.
Reply 47
I'd be happy to have a flat stomach would still fit into the same size clothes as they would.
Reply 48
Original post by Aisha~~
Well duh. Thats why I added on 46lbs.

What does that even look like though? I look exactly like you now (with better insertion points:biggrin:), but I eat anything I want and barely work out. U Mad?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Lamps08
What does that even look like though? I look exactly like you now, but I eat anything I want and barely work out. U Mad?

pics or it didnt happen. and ur prob not as tall as him. manlet.
Reply 50
Original post by sconter
pics or it didnt happen. and ur prob not as tall as him. manlet.

I'm atleast 6'2. Measured around 2 years back and was 6'1 at doctors, late bloomer too, would bet my new gym membership I'm 6'2. I'll get some pics anyway, hold on. here's a bad quality/low light *changed pic*
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Lamps08
Someone with good genes could get that look in 6-8 months. Someone without the right genes-Never. I know people at my gym who've been working out for like 6 months and their chest has barely changed size. You need the right frame to start with if you want to see noticeable results.

And you're pinning it all on genetics? How can you be sure those people you're seeing are training properly and are actually pushing themselves to progress i.e. increasing weight, sets, reps, less rest between sets and increased volume etc? Not to mention diet - which apparently is where most people ruin it for themselves.

From what I've noticed of the average gym goer - They seem to understand the amount of sets and reps for each bodypart but I've never seen anyone get particularly swole/bigger. At best I see a few people who have definition in the arms, shoulders and chest. I believe arm definition is present at 15% bodyfat.
(edited 11 years ago)
Why would you want to look like these blokes ? They are all identical, have no body hair and are clearly wearing makeup. ...... OK im jealous :frown:
Reply 53
Simple. Eat well, go gym, do good routine.

It is a fairly average bodybuilding physique to be fair, most people idolise this sort of thing but don't actually realise how easy it is to do if they train properly.
Reply 54
Their chest and core are very strong and defined. Which is what is appealing. Their legs are hardly tiny. But yeah, bot huge. Shoulders are decent too. It's what the girls like to call a 'proportionate' body I think. They are pretty good in my opinion.
1.5 hours in the gym, 3 days per week, for 18 months?
Reply 56
Get a ton of protein and lift some heavy ass weight making sure you hit shoulders, chest, back, triceps/biceps.
Reply 57
Original post by Ocassus
Simple. Eat well, go gym, do good routine.

It is a fairly average bodybuilding physique to be fair, most people idolise this sort of thing but don't actually realise how easy it is to do if they train properly.

Seeing as I know I can trust you, how long would it take me (poor lighting pic above) to get Aisha's body? Seeing as I don't train at the moment/and eat what I want.... Surely only a few months max right
Why do they shave their chests?
Reply 59
Original post by Aisha~~
Took me about a year. Started out at 130lbs (no pics because lol insecure), 6'1. Now at 176lbs. This was at 170 and 12% body fat:

http://i.imgur.com/zOAVT.jpg

Most of these guys are in the 5'11-6'4 range, and 160-190lbs. About 7-12% body fat. Pretty easily obtainable, depending on where you start. You need to tell me where that starting point is if I'm to help you.

Also, I wouldn't say you QUITE have their body. I mean, they are still a bit bulkier than you. But yeah, close. Mine is similar. My body fat is a little lower right now though. It's creeping up slowly though..

Quick Reply

Latest