The Student Room Group

What are my chances of a good University?

Hello there people!

I am in my third - yes, third year of college, this is because I chose the wrong subjects I wanted to in the future (yes very silly), however it's not for any retakes, and I have not or intend to take any resits for any of my subjects.

In my first year i did maths, further maths, it, geography. gaining AABC, respectively.

second year decided to drop georaphy and it as i lost interest and also i wanted to do science.so i took as in chem and physics. at the end i recieve :
A*maths(A2)
A further maths (A2)
A physics (as)
A chem (as)

and i am now in my 3rd and final year to complete physics and chem, predicted A* in both. since i also have few free lesson. i did some work experience, voluntary work and part time job (for money) hopefully increasing my application.

so my question is can i get into a good uni such as a russel group uni or top 20 at least. take into account i did do 3 years BUT to do new subjects not resits

ty for ur patients and sorry for my bad grammar, spelling ....its night time and im using a netbook (bad keyboard ) :frown:
Reply 1
What subject/course do you intend to study at university?
Probably won't get into the likes of Cambridge etc, but sure it seems like you have a chance with the Warwicks etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Rebellious-Steve

Original post by Rebellious-Steve
Probably won't get into the likes of Cambridge etc, but sure it seems like you have a chance with the Warwicks etc.

Nothing stopping him from getting an offer form Oxbridge IMO.
Reply 4
sorry forgot to mention what unis i wanna go to :smile:

warwick,
southhampton
surrey
sussex
ucl
kings college
lancaster
york

these are some of my choices, and i am thinking of studying maths or physics something in that line
Reply 5
Original post by *Hakz*
Nothing stopping him from getting an offer form Oxbridge IMO.

nah, i got horrific gcse results :/ . wish i payed more attention....
Reply 6
Original post by sabik123

nah, i got horrific gcse results :/ . wish i payed more attention....

Unlucky there mate.

Well all the universities you listed there are all respected but would be more difficult to get an offer from Warwick and UCL compared to the rest.
Reply 7
Original post by *Hakz*
Unlucky there mate.

Well all the universities you listed there are all respected but would be more difficult to get an offer from Warwick and UCL compared to the rest.

hmm what about the courses at UCL/warwick that require ABB/AAB

if i tally up my best a levels (hopefully getting a* in both physics and chem)
it will be 3 a*.

will it be likely to get an offer.. as i am predicted a* and im going to work like crazy to get it

i wanna rather go ucl cause its easier to get their and my parents wont let me go live in campus.

ty
Reply 8
Hello there people!

I am in my third - yes, third year of college, this is because I chose the wrong subjects I wanted to in the future (yes very silly), however it's not for any retakes, and I have not or intend to take any resits for any of my subjects.

In my first year i did maths, further maths, it, geography. gaining AABC, respectively.

second year decided to drop georaphy and it as i lost interest and also i wanted to do science.so i took as in chem and physics. at the end i recieve :
A*maths(A2)
A further maths (A2)
A physics (as)
A chem (as)

and i am now in my 3rd and final year to complete physics and chem, predicted A* in both. since i also have few free lesson. i did some work experience, voluntary work and part time job (for money) hopefully increasing my application.

so my question is can i get into a good uni such as a russel group uni or top 20 at least. take into account i did do 3 years BUT to do new subjects not resits

ty for ur patients and sorry for my bad grammar, spelling ....its night time and im using a netbook (bad keyboard ) :frown:

I don't see that as bad. You will have good grades. Are you applying for this year and have you written a personal statement?
Reply 9

hmm what about the courses at UCL/warwick that require ABB/AAB

if i tally up my best a levels (hopefully getting a* in both physics and chem)
it will be 3 a*.

will it be likely to get an offer.. as i am predicted a* and im going to work like crazy to get it

i wanna rather go ucl cause its easier to get their and my parents wont let me go live in campus.

ty

With a prediction of 3A* then I guess your chances will be pretty high.

Let's just hope that they don't look back on your GCSE.

Also make sure that your personal statement is outstanding.

My advice is go for it and all shall be well.
Reply 10
Original post by *Hakz*
With a prediction of 3A* then I guess your chances will be pretty high.

Let's just hope that they don't look back on your GCSE.

Also make sure that your personal statement is outstanding.

My advice is go for it and all shall be well.

thanks dude u gave me some confidence.

gonna go to sleep.

i wish you luck on your future.
Reply 11
I think any of those Unis would be eager to take you on-board.

You might have to explain the three year thing though. Otherwise you'll easily get in to one of those unis.
Reply 12

thanks dude u gave me some confidence.

gonna go to sleep.

i wish you luck on your future.

No problem brother.

Good luck too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending