The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NitroAbdi
:colone:, i see. BTW did you got a lecture at ucl on DNA and stuff? My bio teacher told on the same day:tongue:

Yep, went on friday :smile: I usually go to them every week, and it just started up again last week so it should be good for the term ^^

Original post by Jemine1
I almost wish I didn't live so close to Barts and Kings. It would suck for me to have to commute from home :/

I know, right :frown: I don't want to stay at home, but if I go to a london uni, I'd have to rent after the first year...
Reply 261
Original post by Natalie21
Hmm true - unless you did an intercalated degree at Durham - then you'd get one from each.

True, will you intercalate? I would, but i am gathering my confidence to leave london if i go to uni outside london :moon:
(edited 12 years ago)
Do you guys all want to intercalate?
True, will you intercalate? I would, but i am gathering my confidence to leave london if i got to uni outside london :moon:

Yep hoping too :smile:
Reply 264
Original post by Boom533

Original post by Boom533
Yep, went on friday :smile: I usually go to them every week, and it just started up again last week so it should be good for the term ^^

I know, right :frown: I don't want to stay at home, but if I go to a london uni, I'd have to rent after the first year...

I think going into private accommodation for 2nd year onwards is pretty uniform for all universities. (For UK residents at least)
I'd just want to be in Student accomm for 1st year so I could have some fun for first year :wink:
Hmm true - unless you did an intercalated degree at Durham - then you'd get one from each.

Oh my god wouldn't it be great to do pre clinical at Cambridge and clinical at Oxford. You would be just about the biggest traitor in the history of forever.

Hahaha :wink:

Ooh what is it like?

Well the Exeter one is split into several buildings. There are two of note, the first is quite large (but by Exeter's standards, that's relatively small to other cities), three floors high and modern it was built just before the school opened so is fairly modern.

The other is a single floor with lecture theatre extensions. It's nifty 60s type prefab style. Not too dissimilar to Churchill College Cambridge- but with beige shingle coat exterior walls.
Original post by DarkAndTwisty

I would like to do Chemistry- or perhaps Zoology if I go UCL as they have the greatest Zoology collection I have ever laid eyes on. Something incredible.
Reply 267

I'd definitely want to. Not just for the FY1 application but it could be a nice way to branch aside from medicine :biggrin:
Reply 268

Yes, and nice icon:tongue:
Yes, and nice icon:tongue:

:teehee: It's Addison. What do you want to intercalate in atm?

Original post by Jemine1
I'd definitely want to. Not just for the FY1 application but it could be a nice way to branch aside from medicine :biggrin:

I want to too. :smile: Any idea what in?

Original post by AspiringGenius
I would like to do Chemistry- or perhaps Zoology if I go UCL as they have the greatest Zoology collection I have ever laid eyes on. Something incredible.

Zoology would be pretty interesting. I kinda want to do Genetics or possibly the Maternal Fetal Physiology degree that King's offer. But I'll probably have a better idea closer to the time
Well the Exeter one is split into several buildings. There are two of note, the first is quite large (but by Exeter's standards, that's relatively small to other cities), three floors high and modern it was built just before the school opened so is fairly modern.

The other is a single floor with lecture theatre extensions. It's nifty 60s type prefab style. Not too dissimilar to Churchill College Cambridge- but with beige shingle coat exterior walls.

It's not uncommon for people to do pre-clinical at Cambridge and clinical at Oxford...

Eww I hate the buildings at Churchill.

Is it anywhere near the sea?
Reply 271

I want to too. :smile: Any idea what in?

Zoology would be pretty interesting. I kinda want to do Genetics or possibly the Maternal Fetal Physiology degree that King's offer. But I'll probably have a better idea closer to the time

I was considering Anatomy or Physiology, if I take a fancy to neuro, possibly neuroscience. That Maternal Fetal Physiology sounds pretty interesting, saying that I am really interested in Obs/Gyn.
I may just have to copy you :teehee:
Original post by Jemine1
I was considering Anatomy or Physiology, if I take a fancy to neuro, possibly neuroscience. That Maternal Fetal Physiology sounds pretty interesting, saying that I am really interested in Obs/Gyn.
I may just have to copy you :teehee:

I thought I was the only one here interested in O&G! :hugs:

Neuroscience looks pretty interesting. If a career in medicine fails me, I could always be the real life Amy Farrah-Fowler
Reply 273
:teehee: It's Addison. What do you want to intercalate in atm?

:s-smilie: Grey's anatomy? Neuroscience, Cardiovascular science, or Medical Sciences with Surgery and Anaesthesia -
It's not uncommon for people to do pre-clinical at Cambridge and clinical at Oxford...

Eww I hate the buildings at Churchill.

Is it anywhere near the sea?

Really? Bastards. (lol :lol: )

Churchill is ok, but I feel their website seems to emit a bit more 'arrogance' (?) than other Cambridge Colleges. I tend to not worry about the buildings, more the teaching standard. It's all superficial after all. :smile:

Were about ten miles from the sea, you can walk there in 4-5 hours and cycle there in about half the time :love:
:s-smilie: Grey's anatomy? Neuroscience, Cardiovascular science, or Medical Sciences with Surgery and Anaesthesia -

Yup.

Sounds pretty interesting, quite varied! :smile:
Reply 276
Original post by Jemine1
How do you not know of Grey's Anatomy?:gasp:
It's only the best medical show ever, for ever!:afraid: :colonhash:

I was going to start watching it is good, as it look really good:confused:
Really? Bastards. (lol :lol: )

Churchill is ok, but I feel their website seems to emit a bit more 'arrogance' (?) than other Cambridge Colleges. I tend to not worry about the buildings, more the teaching standard. It's all superficial after all. :smile:

Were about ten miles from the sea, you can walk there in 4-5 hours and cycle there in about half the time :love:

Yes because there aren't enough clinical places at Cambridge for everyone so Cambridge, Oxford and some of the London unis like have a swapping session when it comes to clinical :P

I've never been on there website as after staying there for a week I'm not applying there :P

Oh that sucks :/
Reply 278

I thought I was the only one here interested in O&G! :hugs:

Neuroscience looks pretty interesting. If a career in medicine fails me, I could always be the real life Amy Farrah-Fowler

Could be fun teaching monkeys to smoke cigarettes... :lol:
Reply 279
Going to a lecture on ethics and reproductive medicine on the 22nd of Feb :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending