The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I've said it several times on this thread, but obviously it's a long way back now, so I'll repeat it for new posters: ECA will take ages, so don't assume it's game over until you're told it is. Honestly.

Well I rung up their undergraduate admissions twice this week. They said their applicant days (which are full portfolio reviews) took place this week. So I would have been told by now if they wanted to see my work?

Am tempted to withdraw - because I can't be bothered to wait any longer for a rejection. I submitted my work to them 2 months ago.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by arty
Well I rung up their undergraduate admissions twice this week. They said their applicant days (which are full portfolio reviews) took place this week. So I would have been told by now if they wanted to see my work?

Am tempted to withdraw - because I can't be bothered to wait any longer for a rejection. I submitted my work to them 2 months ago.

Well, if they've told you the review days have been and gone, then that's one thing. Did they not say that you'd been rejected or give a reason why you hadn't heard? Have to say admin isn't ECA's strong suit, but they usually get there in the end. I wouldn't withdraw yet, if at all, since you can't substitute another choice and you don't have to firm anything until May. Things may yet work out. My son got his offer on the last possible day in May, long after we'd given up.
Has anyone else (apart from people who already mentioned getting an interview in the past) heard back about Brighton Painting since sending their mini portfolio?

On the plus side, got an offer from Wimbledon today :smile: was so scared to check because only had Wimbledon and Brighton left to hear back from...and Brighton only contact you via ucas if you had been unsuccessful, luckily there's still hope. So far got offers from Wimbledon, Cardiff and De Montfort and unsuccessful from Slade.
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Haha I'm still in shock actually! My interview was bloody awful! I think it'll depend on Goldsmiths but still, I'm going to uni - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

If you don't get offered a place I'll be really surprised, your work was a lot better than mine :colondollar:

Yay!

Ahh no way your work was brilliant! Really I want to go to Wimbledon the most because of the quietness and the studio space, so I'm so nervous now. There seems to be a lot of Wimbledon offers coming up for people, has anybody got one from the Painting pathway? I can't take anymore 'being patient'... :frown:
Original post by joverbena
Yay!

Ahh no way your work was brilliant! Really I want to go to Wimbledon the most because of the quietness and the studio space, so I'm so nervous now. There seems to be a lot of Wimbledon offers coming up for people, has anybody got one from the Painting pathway? I can't take anymore 'being patient'... :frown:

You'll be fine! They do take ages to get back to you though, it's like cruel and unusual punishment. If it's been 2 weeks though I can't imagine they'll take much longer :smile: And you've got Goldsmiths to take your mind off it :tongue:

Just been checking the accommodation though - holy **** I did not realise how expensive London was going to be :colondollar:
Yay!

I got an offer for Wimbledon painting today, irony being I don't want to go to Wimbledon for the exact same reason you do want to go there. Wish I could give you my place. Good luck, keep positive :smile:
Reply 1326
Well, if they've told you the review days have been and gone, then that's one thing. Did they not say that you'd been rejected or give a reason why you hadn't heard? Have to say admin isn't ECA's strong suit, but they usually get there in the end. I wouldn't withdraw yet, if at all, since you can't substitute another choice and you don't have to firm anything until May. Things may yet work out. My son got his offer on the last possible day in May, long after we'd given up.

Really?

After he had submitted this portfolio online, when did he get called for interview/portfolio review?

he only got his offer in may??? wow! on my applicant day they told us we would probably be hearing after end of march ! i'm hoping they have speeded things up a bit this year! but my friend did only just hear back from them last week after i had my portfolio day..
Original post by arty
Hey, when did you get an interview sent to you from Edinburgh? I'm still waiting for a reply - but it seems way too late to be given an interview now. So not looking hopeful!

i got mine a few weeks ago.. and i had it last friday and they said that they are on for the next three weeks i think.. but my friend heard from them this week so dont give up! they seem to have a strange way of going about things haha
Original post by arty
Really?

After he had submitted this portfolio online, when did he get called for interview/portfolio review?

Well, he's in the third year now, so the memory's a bit hazy. I think it was around mid to late March, but I couldn't swear to it. He had ECA and GSA on consecutive days, that's all I remember. It was ages between the review and the decision, as I said. I suppose they aren't giving you much notice if you haven't heard yet. I'd give them another call. Ask to speak to lovely Cameron in the admissions office. (Hope he still works there.)
Original post by sarinda.devine
he only got his offer in may??? wow! on my applicant day they told us we would probably be hearing after end of march ! i'm hoping they have speeded things up a bit this year! but my friend did only just hear back from them last week after i had my portfolio day..

What they say and intend doesn't always translate into action. They mean well. And, after all, they aren't lying. May 8th is after the end of March!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1331
Anyone had any offer or rejection yet from Oxford Brookes for foundation? (UK/EU applicants)
I heard Edinburgh's last interview/applicant dates are either on the 16th or 23rd of March. I really doubt I have a chance now :frown:
Reply 1333
Original post by somaya
Will you post what they respond i'm really curious, i got the same thing and was wondering if it was worth asking why?

yh il post it if they reply, which i doubt, its a bit of a complicated question and theyve probably rejected a lot of people.

its the most relevant question to be answered and they should answer it, and id like a small bit of feedback on my work too... i dont think anyone should be afraid to ask them and they should feedback all of us in the decision letter with a sentence atleast :mad: :mad:

theyve given us the littlest of contact out of everyone and theyve taken the longest.... apart from edinburgh obvs..
Original post by kindkydinky
I got an offer for Wimbledon painting today, irony being I don't want to go to Wimbledon for the exact same reason you do want to go there. Wish I could give you my place. Good luck, keep positive :smile:

Thankyou for kind comments :smile:
Got a Chelsea interview on Monday so be up horribly early (got to be tehre at 9.30am).

Has everybody started to apply for student finance? I just have but I notice at the moment it only says 3564 (or around that) is going to my tuition fee loan and I have to pay the rest (£5000+) directly to the college!! I do hope that's because they haven't updated to cover the full £9000 fees yet as I don't have the money..
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
You'll be fine! They do take ages to get back to you though, it's like cruel and unusual punishment. If it's been 2 weeks though I can't imagine they'll take much longer :smile: And you've got Goldsmiths to take your mind off it :tongue:

Just been checking the accommodation though - holy **** I did not realise how expensive London was going to be :colondollar:

Yeah it's a real knock, the London expense, the starving art student really comes into being here! If you can concentrate on the good side (free culture everywhere) you can balance it to seem worth it. But once you've found the perfect accommodation for yourself NEVER MOVE! I think moving/finding accommodation in london is one of the most stressful things.. of course going to halls for some people is the best option, but they aren't really all that cheaper than finding a place or share yourself and at least you're not then forced to move after a year..
Reply 1336
Original post by Worriedstudent1893
I heard Edinburgh's last interview/applicant dates are either on the 16th or 23rd of March. I really doubt I have a chance now :frown:

I only got a weeks notice, you may still have a chance! It's a good sign that they haven't rejected you, my friend got a rejection email so you may still get called for an interview :biggrin:
Thankyou for kind comments :smile:
Got a Chelsea interview on Monday so be up horribly early (got to be tehre at 9.30am).

Has everybody started to apply for student finance? I just have but Inotice at the moment it only says 3564 (or around that) is going to my tuition fee loan and I have to pay the rest (£5000+) directly to he college!! I do hope that's because they haven't updated to cover the full £9000 fees yet as I don't have the money..

I thought that too when I was looking at my finance then realised I'd clicked 2011 rather than 2012
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah it's a real knock, the London expense, the starving art student really comes into being here! If you can concentrate on the good side (free culture everywhere) you can balance it to seem worth it. But once you've found the perfect accommodation for yourself NEVER MOVE! I think moving/finding accommodation in london is one of the most stressful things.. of course going to halls for some people is the best option, but they aren't really all that cheaper than finding a place or share yourself and at least you're not then forced to move after a year..

That's probably true, having so many galleries on your doorstep is such a bonus. I was looking at the nearest halls to Wimbledon and they're like 6k :eek: Suddenly feel very, very naive and northern :colondollar: Halls are about £4000 here!
Reply 1339
Original post by Ailieo15
I only got a weeks notice, you may still have a chance! It's a good sign that they haven't rejected you, my friend got a rejection email so you may still get called for an interview :biggrin:

I feel they may just not have bothered to send out some of the rejections yet! I'm very doubtful I will get an interview now, offers/interviews always come out sooner and the rejections take longer.

Quick Reply

Latest