The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology Results

Scroll to see replies

I got 100UMS soooo shocked, can't believe i only dropped 2 marks max, but im not complaining :tongue:
Awh well done all! :biggrin: You must let me know your secrets :tongue: Is it honestly just hard work and going over notes? Doing practice questions? Having a revision guide?
Reply 42
I got 78 UMS for Unit 1 and 115 ums for Unit 2. I was literally 1 mark off an A with Unit 1, which is annoying, but what can you do? I knew on the day that i had made some silly mistakes. Will probably resit Unit 1 in June. I'm a fast-track student and so we did AS in Jan and we're doing A2 in June. It's rather intimidating as it means I can't afford to mess my A2 exams up!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by CupcakeFaerie
Awh well done all! :biggrin: You must let me know your secrets :tongue: Is it honestly just hard work and going over notes? Doing practice questions? Having a revision guide?

I made flashcards for the content and then ploughed through exam questions once I was familiar with the content.
Reply 44
95/100 in BIOL4 (56/75)
Surprised as this is my highest percentage in biology in all modules.

Edit: why all the negs?
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone know where to find the mark scheme for biol1?
Considering I crammed only a few weeks before, probably deserved my pants C grade (60/100 ums). Am going to retake as I need to maintain my B grade. I'm also now going to live and breathe in my biology books ready for the upcoming exams :-P
Reply 47
i managed to get 90 UMS in BIOL4 which is my highest UMS percentage so far. pretty shocked by it!!!
was very surprised that some of the brightest in my class got C's and D's.
not a single person in the AS classes (about 20 people) got an A which was really wierd. there were quite a few U's. I think the teaching was pretty good so i dont know where things went wrong. I'm pretty gutted as some people really needed A's for their Uni offers
I just got an A in BIOL 1 (80 UMS) so very glad :}
Reply 49
90 UMS with only a B at AS, what a turneround (was 17 UMS of an A last year)

iwould have got 100 if I shagged the pig up the arse
Original post by Helloworld_95
Anyone know where to find the mark scheme for biol1?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1898916&page=181

Post #3611

:smile:
Reply 51
i got 74 UMS (B Grade) I was just around 4 marks off an A (i think)
definately resitting it.
Reply 52
98/100 UMS in BIOL4. :smile:
I got an A and 84/100 UMS... :smile: (in BIO1)
I can only think of two marks that were droppable though so should probably work on my exam technique...
Original post by Seatbelt
i got 74 UMS (B Grade) I was just around 4 marks off an A (i think)
definately resitting it.

74 UMS is actually only 3 marks off an A for this paper.

Good luck with your resit. :smile:
Original post by Lost And Confused
I got an A and 84/100 UMS... :smile: (in BIO1)
I can only think of two marks that were droppable though so should probably work on my exam technique...

Which 2 marks where these that you speak of?
80 UMS for Bio4 so an A (proper scrape in, but I was ill and had to walk out of the exam and throw up in the toilets :s-smilie: )

Anybody, got an idea of raw marks for this?
Reply 57
Original post by Angry cucumber
80 UMS for Bio4 so an A (proper scrape in, but I was ill and had to walk out of the exam and throw up in the toilets :s-smilie: )

Anybody, got an idea of raw marks for this?

50/75.

It was 54 for an A*.
I got 85, so literally 52 raw marks. Close boundaries lol.
Reply 58
Original post by PatrickD
98/100 UMS in BIOL4. :smile:

Go you! I got 85 lol.
Reply 59
Original post by EffKayy
Go you! I got 85 lol.

Well done! That's a solid A that sets you up nicely for June. I'm hoping I might be able to get an A* - just need to nail that 25 mark essay in BIOL5! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending