The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What is the difference between being in a gathered field and not getting rejected?

Well, I've been waiting for an answer for around five months. In any case, I learned today about the gathered fields (somehow it never came up) and I just can't figure out the difference. We're supposedly around two days away from the deadline, so is there a difference at this stage?

Has anyone who was in the gathered fields been rejected?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm serious, at this point what is the difference? Do you simply have a greater chance of being accepted if you're in the gathered field? If so, why haven't they simply just eliminated the rest of us?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Usernameitis
Well, I've been waiting for an answer for around five months. In any case, I learned today about the gathered fields (somehow it never came up) and I just can't figure out the difference. We're supposedly around two days away from the deadline, so is there a difference at this stage?

Has anyone who was in the gathered fields been rejected?

Actually, the deadline is 31st March.
I'm in the same boat - It's almost been 6 months for me. The whole concept of being in the gathered field just seems completely pointless now, since people like us (who are not in the gathered field) haven't heard until the last week before the deadline.
What course ave you applied for? I've applied for Economics (L101).
Reply 3
Original post by sweetascandy
Actually, the deadline is 31st March.
I'm in the same boat - It's almost been 6 months for me. The whole concept of being in the gathered field just seems completely pointless now, since people like us (who are not in the gathered field) haven't heard until the last week before the deadline.
What course ave you applied for? I've applied for Economics (L101).

I applied to economic history, and I don't know why I had memorized it as today being the last official day. However, the gathered fields seem useless in any scenario...

Hope it all goes well =)
I was put in a gathered field for Law, in February, and got an offer about 1 week later. It seem pointless that they put me in the field - no complaints though :wink:
Is being put in gathered field a good thing?

Quick Reply

Latest