The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by + polarity -
Love it :ahee:

I think I just about got to the end of Season 2.

Awww maaan ! I also love it.
Do you get all the references? I usually don't, which leads to research... the original comics especially need background knowledge... do you know those too? http://www.gocomics.com/boondocks/1999/04/19
Original post by JessaminePoppy
Yo.

Anyone have any opinions on the Boondocks?

One of my favourite shows :adore:

Can't wait for season 4 :nutcase:
Original post by The Cornerstone
One of my favourite shows :adore:

Can't wait for season 4 :nutcase:

Okay, okay... Who is your favourite character?
And did you have to look at some B.E.T. to understand some of the jokes? Seriously, Aaron McGruder had it in for those people...

When is Season 4 supposed to be out?
Original post by + polarity -

Is that a stealthy way of asking for one?

Nah, that was me outright asking. Ain't nowt stealthy about it, naamsayin'?
I zimmie
BBHR&TONKS sinking to new lows with that fb print screen. :facepalm2:

Aite Azza, allow being a stranger these days. :adore:
Okay, okay... Who is your favourite character?
And did you have to look at some B.E.T. to understand some of the jokes? Seriously, Aaron McGruder had it in for those people...

When is Season 4 supposed to be out?

I'm not sure but it would have to be Huey, he's like a tiny version of Afro samurai :awesome:. And I already knew about B.E.T since my brother watches it sometimes so I got some of the jokes. He took the piss out of B.E.T so many times it 's hilarious :rofl:

It was announced last year that they were making another season so I guess it's still in the drawing board

http://screenrant.com/the-boondocks-season-4-announced-kofi-125008/
Original post by Tucking Fypo
BBHR&TONKS sinking to new lows with that fb print screen. :facepalm2:

Aite Azza, allow being a stranger these days. :adore:

Aite sagoo. What's good in the Afsoc hood, anyways? Man's a busy lad :plz2:
I'm not sure but it would have to be Huey, he's like a tiny version of Afro samurai :awesome:. And I already knew about B.E.T since my brother watches it sometimes so I got some of the jokes. He took the piss out of B.E.T so many times it 's hilarious :rofl:

It was announced last year that they were making another season so I guess it's still in the drawing board

http://screenrant.com/the-boondocks-season-4-announced-kofi-125008/

That's awesome! I just hope the two year hiatus won't muck anything up.... but the voice actors seemed pretty dedicated (maybe the girl who played Jazmine will have to be replaced).

Yeah, Huey reminded me of Afro Samurai too, especially in the Fried Chicken Flu when he had the bandana (not actually one of the head-bands, buut anyway)..He doesn't talk that much either (in the comics he was the main character).
But I guess you know that Samurai Champloo was also inspiration for the fight scenes. Aaron McGruder likes anime.

Do you have any complaints about it? Like an episode that wasn't quite as funny or something? (I didn't think the Lovely Ebony Brown episode was as good as others)
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Aite sagoo. What's good in the Afsoc hood, anyways? Man's a busy lad :plz2:

Not much, just a sweet lad trying to make ends meet.

Not much, just a sweet lad trying to make ends meet.

Mate, this has been my location for like 6 months, you're only noticing it now? kmt.
It was Hogwarts before... :pain:

I've still not started the 2nd season :plz2:
Mate, this has been my location for like 6 months, you're only noticing it now? kmt.
It was Hogwarts before... :pain:

I've still not started the 2nd season :plz2:

Oh, guess I was just late to the party. #hardlikerocknroll

Yeah, me neither. Think I might start tonight. Got all 5 seasons of The Wire torrented too so this niqqa's in business. :cyber:
That's awesome! I just hope the two year hiatus won't muck anything up.... but the voice actors seemed pretty dedicated (maybe the girl who played Jazmine will have to be replaced).

Yeah, Huey reminded me of Afro Samurai too, especially in the Fried Chicken Flu when he had the bandana (not actually one of the head-bands, buut anyway)..He doesn't talk that much either (in the comics he was the main character).
But I guess you know that Samurai Champloo was also inspiration for the fight scenes. Aaron McGruder likes anime.

Do you have any complaints about it? Like an episode that wasn't quite as funny or something? (I didn't think the Lovely Ebony Brown episode was as good as others)

Yeah he got inspiration from Samurai Champloo and you could see that in the opening of the first season. I don't think I have any complaints, I mean I found some that are more funny than others and some less but even then they keep the same atmosphere and level of entertainment. It's quite episodic but I'm only saying this because I'm used to shows with long or less episodic plots and also because I'm trying really hard to look for bad points :tongue:
Oh, guess I was just late to the party. #hardlikerocknroll

Yeah, me neither. Think I might start tonight. Got all 5 seasons of The Wire torrented too so this niqqa's in business. :cyber:

Spoiler

Man needs to d/l Breaking Bad as well. So much to was and so little free time to do it in... :moon:
It's quite episodic but I'm only saying this because I'm used to shows with long or less episodic plots and also because I'm trying really hard to look for bad points :tongue:

That was done on purpose (apparently). Whan McGruder first pitched it, he had vague arc ideas and sugar, but Adult Swim just wanted him to "tell stories". I'm pretty sure I'm quoting Wikipedia saying that.

I just hope they never try to make any live-action sugar, I can't see it being a success. It's the kind of thing American production teams might try for profit :afraid: eugh, I just gave myself goosebumps.

Spoiler

Man needs to d/l Breaking Bad as well. So much to was and so little free time to do it in... :moon:

Astaghfirullah, allow those fake photoshopped pics.

YEAH, I've heard Breaking Bad is really good. So glad I have no lectures now, can just....watch shows all day. :nothing:
That was done on purpose (apparently). Whan McGruder first pitched it, he had vague arc ideas and sugar, but Adult Swim just wanted him to "tell stories". I'm pretty sure I'm quoting Wikipedia saying that.

I just hope they never try to make any live-action sugar, I can't see it being a success. It's the kind of thing American production teams might try for profit :afraid: eugh, I just gave myself goosebumps.

I see. Well I'm not complaining, like I said I just tried hard to find any issues with it.

I don't know. Jaden Smith could make a good Riley in terms of looks, don't know about the act though :lol:
Astaghfirullah, allow those fake photoshopped pics.

YEAH, I've heard Breaking Bad is really good. So glad I have no lectures now, can just....watch shows all day. :nothing:

OI! Allow your lies :angry: Man is 100% reliable :angry: :angry:

Yeah, apparently it's really good, beats Gossip Girl anyhow :rofl2: When I get around to watching it, I'll let you know how it is :teeth:
I see. Well I'm not complaining, like I said I just tried hard to find any issues with it.

I don't know. Jaden Smith could make a good Riley in terms of looks, don't know about the act though :lol:

Naw, duude! That poor kid would have a hell of a time trying to act Riley! Seriously, visualize man, wouldn't it be disappointing? Why have wires when you can have blazing backgrounds and kickass animated kung fu moves? I'm trying to find one series that made a successful transition from cartoon to live-action.

Uncle Ruckus is pretty incredible, how da sugar he can survive thinking that way...poor guy got seriously mind-screwed by his family. Apparently some real life people have the same condition :eek:
Naw, duude! That poor kid would have a hell of a time trying to act Riley! Seriously, visualize man, wouldn't it be disappointing? Why have wires when you can have blazing backgrounds and kickass animated kung fu moves? I'm trying to find one series that made a successful transition from cartoon to live-action.

Uncle Ruckus is pretty incredible, how da sugar he can survive thinking that way...poor guy got seriously mind-screwed by his family. Apparently some real life people have the same condition :eek:

I'm only saying he could look the part, I don't think anyone can act Riley :lol:

Uncle Ruckus' views can make for very funny scenes but I heard that he got some of the characters out of other people so who knows

Latest

Trending

Trending