The Student Room Group

Possible to sit an As/A2 level exam without attending that college?

I am going to study a BTEC course in graphic design however,
My course only needs you to be present in the college 11 hours a week, so with extra time on my hands i was wondering if it is possible to home study for a subject and pay to sit an exam in a centre, the college i am going to does not do any A levels at all only BTEC's, I am very passionate about History and my Art and I work much better when learning on my own from books and research rather than lessons, I was wondering if this is possible as I sat a GCSE exam in a different school as I moved for year 11 and wished to continue my GCSE in ICT which was not an option at my new school.
Any feedback will be appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by tillyl21
I am going to study a BTEC course in graphic design however,
My course only needs you to be present in the college 11 hours a week, so with extra time on my hands i was wondering if it is possible to home study for a subject and pay to sit an exam in a centre, the college i am going to does not do any A levels at all only BTEC's, I am very passionate about History and my Art and I work much better when learning on my own from books and research rather than lessons, I was wondering if this is possible as I sat a GCSE exam in a different school as I moved for year 11 and wished to continue my GCSE in ICT which was not an option at my new school.
Any feedback will be appreciated

It's definitely possible, people do it all the time. Figure out the subject and exam board you want to study, get the relevant text books, etc, and find an examination centre to sit the exams in at the correct time. :smile: You'll have to pay but it's for something worthy so why not?

Good luck, hope I could help, if not, pay no attention to my rambling, it's late. :')

Quick Reply

Latest