The Student Room Group

dating someone less hot than you

I have bitten the bullet and i am dating someone who is not as hot as i could get, ive realised with the hot girls usually comes big problems, people have told me i can do better looks wise but this girl has a great personality and im going to give it a good shot.

And surely this will always put me at an advantage because she will know i can easily get someone else if i wanted to?

Also ive only been out with this girl twice and she is mega infatuated with me, kisses me non stop, always wants to hold my hand, tells me im gorgeous etc, this sounds stupid but is this a good or bad sign? being that into someone so quick?
It sounds like the potential for her to get hurt here is massive. Don't be a jerk, dont string her along if you aren't actually into her because you can't force something if the feelings aren't there.
Reply 2
Original post by Double Agent
It sounds like the potential for her to get hurt here is massive. Don't be a jerk, dont string her along if you aren't actually into her because you can't force something if the feelings aren't there.

My post may have came accross arrogant, i still fancy her lol dont get me wrong, i have feelings for her and certainly arent stringing her along.
Reply 3
sounds as if she fancys you mate, looks aint everything
if you like the girl then thats all that matters
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by gingerben

Well said.

I agree completely with this.
Reply 5
I'm failing to see a problem here. You're dating a girl that's totally in to you and that you like.
Where's the problem?
Reply 6
Original post by gingerben

God damn I tried to plus that post but clicked the wrong button. Yeah, what he said!
Reply 7
Original post by MrHayden
God damn I tried to plus that post but clicked the wrong button. Yeah, what he said!

lol no worries mate
Reply 8
Confidence, a good thing.

She's happy, your happy. No problem there, I'm guessing you won't string her up.

Only potential problem I can see is if she gets clingy. Don't let it happen.

Enjoy.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I have bitten the bullet and i am dating someone who is not as hot as i could get, ive realised with the hot girls usually comes big problems, people have told me i can do better looks wise but this girl has a great personality and im going to give it a good shot.

And surely this will always put me at an advantage because she will know i can easily get someone else if i wanted to?

Also ive only been out with this girl twice and she is mega infatuated with me, kisses me non stop, always wants to hold my hand, tells me im gorgeous etc, this sounds stupid but is this a good or bad sign? being that into someone so quick?

Do you like her or are you stringing her along for your own gain (i.e ego boost, keeping her as a backup, sex)?

If it's the latter then I wouldn't do that. I know people who do this (girls mostly) and are absolute scum imo Anyway if she feels as though you're more attractive than her she will probably get mega jealous and possessive in the future.
Reply 10
Sex with a girl you don't fancy is awkward. Sometimes when they just want you to come in and cuddle you want them to go away. It's not good. Get a girl you really fancy.
Reply 11
Original post by Alpharius
Confidence, a good thing.

She's happy, your happy. No problem there, I'm guessing you won't string her up.

Only potential problem I can see is if she gets clingy. Don't let it happen.

Enjoy.

How can i tell if she has a potential to get clingy? I mean its our second time out and she wants to kiss me non stop and cant keep her hands off me saying im gorgeous blah blah, ive dated before but never had a girl this into me, it feels good but i am concerned if its a bad sign, obviously she is into me but i mean is this the type of girl who falls for a guy quick but then stops fancying him quick aswell?
if shes that touchy feely already it seems a clear sign she might get clingy.

but then ive had people act like that with me real soon and then soon after they move on. Infatuation that much so soon would have me wary.

I always find if they obsess/act OTT very quickly then it either means they will be clingy or they stop liking you after a short amount of time when the infatuation gets boring for them.
Reply 13
Original post by pinkangelgirl
if shes that touchy feely already it seems a clear sign she might get clingy.

but then ive had people act like that with me real soon and then soon after they move on. Infatuation that much so soon would have me wary.

I always find if they obsess/act OTT very quickly then it either means they will be clingy or they stop liking you after a short amount of time when the infatuation gets boring for them.

aww bummer lol, hope its not the second one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending