The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shahman123
Seems legit, looks like they have some notes for each part of the spec.. thanks!
and haha I'm they won't mind! :tongue:

I have a whole week until unit 4 so figured I don't want to leave it as last minute as I did today for unit 5!
And ah my school doesn't do unit 4 for us during January, what are you aiming for?

I'm aiming for an A but I only need a B to get into uni. How did you find unit 5?
Reply 22
Original post by Mr Maths
I'm aiming for an A but I only need a B to get into uni. How did you find unit 5?

I'm aiming for a B because that's all I need haha! And it was better than I thought it would go to be honest, I hadn't really prepared myself for it so I was expected a fail but a few of my friends taught me pretty much the whole of medical physics and the universe before the exam, so I got pretty lucky when that MRI question came up! But I know there's a chance I've only gotten a C so my plan is to smash Unit 4!
How did you find unit 5?
Reply 23
I'm aiming for a B because that's all I need haha! And it was better than I thought it would go to be honest, I hadn't really prepared myself for it so I was expected a fail but a few of my friends taught me pretty much the whole of medical physics and the universe before the exam, so I got pretty lucky when that MRI question came up! But I know there's a chance I've only gotten a C so my plan is to smash Unit 4!
How did you find unit 5?

I found unit 5 alright. I revised MRI, nuclear reactor and the universe and it all came up so I was happy. Definitely made some mistakes on the calculations but I'm hoping for an A :smile:

I got a C on unit 4 too, and I haven't looked at it since January haha, I really need to start!
4 days of straight G484. Fooking Beast mode on.
Reply 25
Any predictions as to what might come up?
Original post by Fladumir
Any predictions as to what might come up?

There were no circular motion questions in the previous paper so I think that will definitely come up.
Reply 27
Are there any experiments to learn for this unit?
Original post by stunnaman
Are there any experiments to learn for this unit?

Working out specific heat capacity

Brownian motion experiment

a experiment about period and angle of oscillation of a pendulum came up in June 11 paper 5 marks
Reply 29
How can u make notes on spec point 4.2.2 : g,h,i
can someone please help me
Reply 30
Original post by Vortex_007
How can u make notes on spec point 4.2.2 : g,h,i
can someone please help me

G - just selecting and using that equation. You won't need to derive it, although it's from plugging g-F/m into F=GMm/r². Use it when You know the mass of the larger object, the distance between the two.
H - When an object is falling to the Earth's surface, it will fall with an acceleration of a = F/m, and since F due to gravity = gm, substitute that in for F and a = gm/m, cancel the m's and you're left with g.
I - you just need to realise that the force due to gravity = centripetal force, therefore GMm/r² = mv²/r. You can combine these equations a million different ways, and you sometimes need to realise that v = 2π/T and substitute it in sometimes. This is also the equation you derive Kepler's Third Law from. (T²/r³ = 4π²/GM)

On a side note, I'm bricking it for this exam after G485 :/ got a C in January and need an A overall.

Can they ask us to explain why T is independent of displacement in SHM?
Reply 31
i need to ****ing smash this exam. that g485 was awful
Reply 32
Has anyone got good notes for this module
Reply 33
Has anyone got good notes for this module

LOL are the ones by Robbie Peck in the first post not good enough?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Here are some notes that i've made that cover a few parts of the spec that i'm not too good with.
Reply 35
Thank u for the notes. Are u ready for the exam
Thank u for the notes. Are u ready for the exam

I think i am, i just need to make sure i gain marks from the written questions. Calculations are not usually a problem.

When i did the paper in jan, i got all the calculations correct apart from one but i lost many marks from the written questions.

I got 72/90 in jan but i'm aiming for A* this time round.
Reply 37
Original post by Jukeboxing
Here are some notes that i've made that cover a few parts of the spec that i'm not too good with.

Wow those look really good and similar to the medical imaging ones from G485 you didn't happen to do those by any chance did you?

Wow those look really good and similar to the medical imaging ones from G485 you didn't happen to do those by any chance did you?

Yh thats me.
Reply 39
Original post by chemengmeng
Working out specific heat capacity

Brownian motion experiment

a experiment about period and angle of oscillation of a pendulum came up in June 11 paper 5 marks

can you summerise them or me please

Latest